What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Blood... Sweat...  (Read 6124 times)

OnMedic

Blood... Sweat...
« on: August 08, 2004, 08:12:50 pm »
Yahooooo!

It's about time... all but done! Lots of sweat in the summer sun and even a few hammered fingernails, but it is all but complete! All I have left is Landscaping and completing the garden beds, cutting one tall post, adding the gate, stain and then soak!

We received the tub on July 5th, filled it on the 6th and started the construction on the 7th. It (the deck) is approx 100 sq. ft. 3-sided, 2-level deck. All cedar w/P.T. substructure. We have soaked probably 3/4 nights in our Beachcomber 740LE. We Love it!

Here are some pics:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 09:21:33 pm by OnMedic »

Hot Tub Forum

Blood... Sweat...
« on: August 08, 2004, 08:12:50 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Blood... Sweat...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 09:37:12 pm »
Hey it looks absolutely great!!

Nice work.

The only drawback I see is that if you sit in the spa with the cover closed you have a big hole in your privacy fence...

uh,

nevermind.

Looks really really great. ;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Snuggles

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 09:48:57 pm »
Outstanding!! The house looks great too. Enjoy your tub you deserve it. :)

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:32:19 pm »
That looks fabulous!  You did an excellent job, I love the privacy fencing.  Clever way to do your cover.  Enjoy!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 11:34:15 pm »
Wow bud, that looks great! You have a real "get-away" in your own back yard.

Glad to see you got "off the medic" long enough to get some real work done! ;)

Are you using a cover roller for sliding that cover off out of the way?

Steve

OnMedic

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 07:55:16 am »
Thanks fot the great feedback.

Steve - We are using the slide n' store. The only problem I find is that once and a while the cover gets hung-up on the end of the slider posts and I have a hard time sliding it back onto the tub. Suggestions?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 09:04:43 am by OnMedic »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 10:02:14 am »
Looks great. The aroma off of the cedar must be wonderfull as well.

The neighbour down the road has the slide n store.  I think he built it himself though to match his deck, but he had the same problems with hooking. He took his belt sander and rounded the end tips of the slide where it was catching the cover, no more hooking.

Enjoy!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 10:32:06 am »
Hey it looks absolutely great!!

Nice work.

The only drawback I see is that if you sit in the spa with the cover closed you have a big hole in your privacy fence...

uh,

nevermind.

Looks really really great. ;)

Now you know as a spa professional and making that statement, you better put up some sort of disclaimer telling people not to sit in thier spa with the cover closed.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

doodoo

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 10:41:10 am »

Now you know as a spa professional and making that statement, you better put up some sort of disclaimer telling people not to sit in thier spa with the cover closed.

In today's world somebody is bound to do it, so yup! think it's time to add that disclaimer to the long long list. Right along side with the '' manufacturer is not responsible for pregnancy if users frolic about in amorous proximity. LOL!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 11:44:55 am »
Wow, you folks are right - I guess I didn't give it much thought.

I hope this isn't too late:

Don't sit in the spa with the lid closed: your kids could need you and not be able to find you and so they would be forced to solve thier problems themselves which could make them learn something about being an adult in this world and that could very easily be the final event in their lives that makes them choose a school and apply to it or sechedule that job interview and go to it or do the dishes without being asked which could potentially give you a heart attack when you get out of your spa and discover said event has happened.

Some restrictions apply, your smileage may vary, void where prohibited, taxed, restricted or not laughed at. Actually, you can void wherever you want too, just not in my spa please. Which means that voiding where prohibited is prohibited.

Some assembly required, batteries not included, some states limit the liability of this warranty while others extend it - and then tax you on it.

Chas is an equal-opportunity crazyman I will attmempt to offend people of all races, creeds, nationalites - no matter what type of insulation their tub has.

Chas and his family, employees, suppliers and the guy down the street from him in the blue-and-white house with the ugly windmill in the front yard are not elegible to enter this drawing, or to draw this entering.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

doodoo

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 11:54:00 am »
LOL! LOL! Too funny Chas! :D

Netnutty

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 01:12:18 pm »
OnMedic,

Beautiful job/spa! It looks great 8). I bet you know it was worth all the hard work and time.

May you soak in peace  ::).

PS: Chas - I love it. You made me laugh for this first time today. I needed that on a Monday!  ;D

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 02:59:07 pm »
OnMedic very well done!
Zz

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 03:54:23 pm »
Sweet set-up OnMedic - Congrats!
e

UnderTheStars

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 08:17:08 pm »
On-Medic, I've built a few decks in my time and gotta say, that looks totally pro!  You should be way-beyond proud of this one.   (Wish I could be there when you casually say to your freinds,  "oh, . . .yeah I built the deck." )

Way to go!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 08:17:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42