What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Foamy bubbles  (Read 3413 times)

K roj

Foamy bubbles
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »
We have new Viking Heritage 2, water balance is great, getting bubbly foam when both jets on. Using foam away at suggestion of spa store, works go away. Like to know cause. Did not have with other tub, however not as powerful as this one.

Hot Tub Forum

Foamy bubbles
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:49:36 pm »

K roj

Re: Foamy bubbles
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:50:52 pm »
Pumps, not jets lol

mpkelley20

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:40:17 pm »
What chemicals are you using?  And how often have you used it since you got it?  Has it gotten worse or did it start that way?  My tub only starts to foam towards the end of the 3 month water cycle as sweat, soaps and other things build up in the water that are not cleaned by normal sanitizing methods. 

The ONLY other time I have had significant foam build up was when I started using the @ease cartridge for a month rather than my normal dichlor method.  No clue what is in those cartridges but it definitely added stuff to my water making it foam.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 04:28:53 pm »
We have new Viking Heritage 2, water balance is great, getting bubbly foam when both jets on. Using foam away at suggestion of spa store, works go away. Like to know cause. Did not have with other tub, however not as powerful as this one.

Lotions, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, perfume, aftershave, ect.
Retired

K roj

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 03:40:20 pm »
After reading you folks reply I am near the water change time. Thank you!

dlleno

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 11:18:40 am »
over the years (bromine spa) I too have used a foam-down product from time to time, and learned that the only way to solve the problem is to drain.  Using such a product is not bad temporary solution, and I personally keep a bottle around for emergencies.  There are some precautions you can employ too:   detergents and fabric softeners accumulate in bathing suits, so you can see what the two solutions are to that problem.  you can also educate those who use your tub to use various methods to avoid carrying personal products, hairspray, lotions and what have you into the spa.

If you are running very soft water (like 50ppm CA) you might consider raising your calcium level, as low CA makes your water foam more easily.  Just watch your saturation index and don't go too high.    The downside/risk with higher CA levels is that you are more vulnerable to scaling if some series of events causes your other parms to float up and you end up with over saturated water.  for this reason, and because it offers a safety factor in case I mess up, I typically use a stain/scale product to protect my heater elements. 

Sam

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 02:47:14 pm »
What chemicals are you using?  And how often have you used it since you got it?  Has it gotten worse or did it start that way?  My tub only starts to foam towards the end of the 3 month water cycle as sweat, soaps and other things build up in the water that are not cleaned by normal sanitizing methods. 

The ONLY other time I have had significant foam build up was when I started using the @ease cartridge for a month rather than my normal dichlor method.  No clue what is in those cartridges but it definitely added stuff to my water making it foam.

Something else must have coincidentally gotten in the water at the same time that you tried the @ease system.  I am quite certain that the @ease cartridge did not cause your foam.  Just want to make that point since I have found the @ease system to be fantastic and much easier for people with no experience and no desire to learn water care. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »

Something else must have coincidentally gotten in the water at the same time that you tried the @ease system.  I am quite certain that the @ease cartridge did not cause your foam.  Just want to make that point since I have found the @ease system to be fantastic and much easier for people with no experience and no desire to learn water care.

Only problem I've had with it is it destroys the ph in the tub. I use it in my own and I constantly have to add ph up

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 03:26:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42