What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What happened to the good old days  (Read 8474 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
What happened to the good old days
« on: August 07, 2004, 11:26:44 am »
Remember when you sat in your spa to get away from the stress of the day? It was a haven of warm bubbling water away from the TV, Computer, loud music and general hustle and bustle of life.

I just looked at the new options on coast, TV, DVD, CD and what looks to be a Phone/computer hookup! What’s next, rolling stock reports screen?

I remember my first spa, a Hotspring Classic, it looked like a dog dish, it had 6 jets and ran on 110 - I absolutely loved it!

Can you imagine enjoying a spa with only 1 jet pump and 6 jets? Sounds impossible by today's standards. Sometimes I think we have featured ourselves out of the realm of common sense!

Really what is next? Are we as an industry going to come up with better sanitation and more reliable components first or, are we going to come up with 20 new "Super Gadgets" first.

Here’s my Idea of a perfect spa; 20-30 jets, good foot and neck jets, two pumps, simple heater, good filtration, constant sanitation, fairly open seating but with different levels and very quiet – oh, yes very, very quiet. I don't care if it has a stereo, and a TV - I don't want them! Heck, I don't even care if it has pillows; I want a spa that I don't have to work on to keep up! All I want is something I my backyard that I can get away from the world and wind down! BTW, I don't want the option of calling from the airport to turn up my heater; I want it to always be ready so I don't have to remember to "Schedule" my relaxation and I don’t want all of the conveniences of the office in my spa, that’s what I’m winding down from! 8)

Hot Tub Forum

What happened to the good old days
« on: August 07, 2004, 11:26:44 am »

Netnutty

Re: What happened to the good old days
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 01:03:56 pm »
I agree. I bought my first tub about 15 years ago and just got my new Cameo . Things were a little different then ;D.

I do like some of the new improved jets and especially the foot jets, but the DVD players and stereos, waterfalls etc is a bit much :P.

I go out there to soak and relax and to get away from it all. Not to bring it out there with me!

Netnutty

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 02:55:31 pm »
Yes Stuart I agree completely.  One of the problems is that most new Spa buyers are first timers and get caught up in the marketing.

After you have owned and had some experience what one needs follows your suggestion.

Great Post.  Thanks

Zz

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 05:17:30 pm »
I agree 99%, I need to place for my beer ;D.

Gary
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

rick

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 06:38:38 pm »
Aw come on. Now I agree that the TV is a bit of overkill but I love the builtin stereo, waterfall, and yes, icechest that mine comes with.  Not that I use them everytime, I usually just plop in, turn 1 pump on low or not at all, and I'm happy.
But sometimes at night, I turn on our classical music station, the waterfall on low, and of course the LED lights, and let me tell ya, the icecold beer never tasted better!  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 07:30:27 pm »
Aw come on. Now I agree that the TV is a bit of overkill but I love the builtin stereo, waterfall, and yes, icechest that mine comes with.  Not that I use them everytime, I usually just plop in, turn 1 pump on low or not at all, and I'm happy.
But sometimes at night, I turn on our classical music station, the waterfall on low, and of course the LED lights, and let me tell ya, the icecold beer never tasted better!  

But if you had a microwave in your spa you could have dinner in there as well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

rick

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 07:42:36 pm »
Who needs a microwave?  I could just pop a panel open and place the food in my thermopane for a couple of minutes!  It's just radiating with heat down there.  :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 07:51:05 pm »
Who needs a microwave?  I could just pop a panel open and place the food in my thermopane for a couple of minutes!  It's just radiating with heat down there.  :)

There's an idea. Maybe you can lay a tortilla on the pump motor and heat it up while you warm up some veggies and meat and have a nice Fajita and Margarita dinner. Mexican night at Rick's house!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 07:53:44 pm »
Who needs a microwave?  I could just pop a panel open and place the food in my thermopane for a couple of minutes!  It's just radiating with heat down there

I hope your kidding and it's not that hot down there! That would be pretty detrimental to your electronics and Plastic Parts over time!?

rick

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 08:44:09 pm »
SpaHappy HELP!!!!  They're ganging up on me again!!!

Maverick

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 10:30:01 pm »
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 10:42:19 pm »
Thank god for beer holders

;D

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 01:19:46 am »
Well, not being a drinker, I didn't find this to be a must-have, but a lot of people seem to be buyin' them:
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 11:43:16 am »

I hope your kidding and it's not that hot down there! That would be pretty detrimental to your electronics and Plastic Parts over time!?

Oh come on now Stuart, your just jealous because you can't cook dinner in your f.f. spa.

Rick I just made homemade garden salsa last night. I'll bring that and the tequilla. Dinner will be served by Ricks Coleman480 spa at 7:00 pm sharp. See you all there. LOL

Spahappy

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 11:55:44 am »

Oh come on now Stuart, your just jealous because you can't cook dinner in your f.f. spa.

This is one area where thermopane is definitely an advantage as you they make great food warmers. In fact, if you can seal them up well enough they're great fro hanging meat in to make jerky.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 11:55:44 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42