What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: U.S. Manufacturing Spas  (Read 5048 times)

justgettingstarted

U.S. Manufacturing Spas
« on: August 07, 2004, 01:55:05 pm »
Is anyone familiar with U.S. Manufacturing spas?  Their website is www.unitedspasmanufacturing.com.  I spoke with a lady over the phone who works for the manufacturer.  She is selling 3 different 2004 models (new) very cheap because the 2005 are being manufactured.  They all include a 10 year warranty.

We are just getting started in our research for a spa and I have noticed U.S. Manufacturing does not appear on this forum anywhere.

Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about these spas.  We may go and test them tomorrow, but we are looking for a little background from an unaffiliated source.

Thank you to anyone that can help.
Cheers!

Hot Tub Forum

U.S. Manufacturing Spas
« on: August 07, 2004, 01:55:05 pm »

FLspa

Re: U.S. Manufacturing Spas
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 02:12:41 pm »
If this is the same company as U.S. Spas, then all I know is that they're out of Clearwater/Tampa, FL and are relatively new. If you read my post below to "Need Advice", you'll see that I referred to a wacky husband and wife dealer who sell Master Spas in Orlando. While I was in their store, the husband told me that he started the U.S.Spas company and sold it a couple of years ago. He said it was a good product, but that it was just new to the market. (That's probably why you don't see much about them.) Anyway, I'd take what he said with a grain of salt, assuming he really is the one that started the company. From what I remember, they didn't have that great of a warranty. I think it was 3 years. Sorry that's not really helpful, but it's all I know. Good luck!

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 03:33:44 pm »
United Spas MFG is actually headquartered out of Salida California.

However, some (or possibly) all their manufacturing occurs in the Phoenix Spas factory in Anderson California.

In the past, United actually had different names for their product, but even looking at the Phoenix and United websites side by side- they have the same model names for exactly the same product... See below

http://www.unitedspasmanufacturing.com/spas/sorrento.jpg

http://phoenixspas.com/images/sorrento_lg.jpg

You may wish to enquire what relationship they have with Phoenix Spas and do searches related to their history...

SpaGirl

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 09:26:06 am »
WOW THAT IS BEUTIFUL!!!

How much does that spa cost???  I may not want to know as I was planning on spending around $2000 dollars on a spa. :-[

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 11:21:01 am »
Your price range is way on the low side for a new spa.
Have you gone out and priced new ones?  
Most good qualiity ones start at closer to $5000, give or take.  Even some of the cheaper quality big box tubs are in the $3500 and up range.  
Another thing- have you reserved some money for site prep?  If you have to contract out for your foundation and electrical hookup you could easily spend $1000 there, possibly even more, depending on your specific situation.  
Start looking around, and see what is available in your price range, but don't be too suprised if you don't like what you see.
Brewman
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 11:21:42 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 03:44:45 pm »
It better be the heavy duty aluminum foil.  None of that thin, regular grade stuff.  I'd expect no less for my extra 1K.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 03:44:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42