What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Time of Year to Buy  (Read 7398 times)

deathvalley

Best Time of Year to Buy
« on: August 11, 2004, 01:25:25 pm »
Greetings -

I am a Newbie here!  Looks like a great board to learn about spas!

My wife and I are looking to buy a new spa SOON!  When is the slow period?  Is it now?  I live in the South.  When does it start picking back up?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Best Time of Year to Buy
« on: August 11, 2004, 01:25:25 pm »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
Re: Best Time of Year to Buy
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 01:28:47 pm »
I did notice that most dealers we spoke to and some of their tech's suggested that January to March was their slow period. But they did say that a strong reason for that was their other lines like the pool sections which shut down in winter.

Buit you know dealers are probably best placed to answer here.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 01:39:43 pm »
doodoo -

just curious but if pool business is slow Jan to Mar, then would spa business be up?  As a result, they would be less willing to negotiate?  Just curious.

D/C

doodoo

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 01:43:29 pm »
doodoo -

just curious but if pool business is slow Jan to Mar, then would spa business be up?  As a result, they would be less willing to negotiate?  Just curious.

D/C

talk to the hand!

spaguyohio

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 01:47:09 pm »
D/C has 146 posts, and STILL no spa? Me thinks he just likes to play games.

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 01:49:58 pm »
Well, if I got some help from this forum and not all the sarcasim maybe I will buy one!

doodoo

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 01:54:22 pm »
Call Thermospa. They come to your door and sell you direct, so no overhead thus removing the evil dealer. And they retain the finest tech's to meet your warranty needs.

Last reply to D/C from doodoo. Man what a waste of time. >:(

deathvalley

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2004, 02:13:28 pm »
Wow!  What's the deal with DC?

So, when is the best time?  Is Doodoo right?

Thanks people and lets play nice!  :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2004, 02:21:12 pm »
There is some thought to companies that sell spas and pools being slower in the winter.  2/3 of the places I visited were spas only though.   Just guessing that many people (but you said you were in the south) up in the north, don't want to do the concrete and electrical work in teh winter.  I bought in March, installed in April and think I got a good deal)  ;D    I till think the best time to deal is on your 2nd or 3rd visit to the same dealer, then they know you are serious.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 02:41:25 pm »
D/C
What type of help would you like?  Each and every one of us is here to help, but unfortunately we will not give up our price.  It is absolutely inappropriate to ask.  Dealers make a profit, but so are Microsoft, Disney, and General Electric.    

What do you want us to help you with?  Ask a question you will get an answer.  Look at the thread “How long to heat up Caspian.”  There are 4 different people trying to help.  We want to help you, but you are being unrealistic with your desires.  When you are unrealistic, people will get extremely sarcastic.  Unfortunately, you have turned into a nuisance.

Ask yourself, has needaspa came back and said he purchased his Optima for $6,500?  No, he hasn’t.  I doubt he will be.  He was unrealistic.  So are you.

huh?

• "42"
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 02:49:16 pm »
Welcome Newbie!

It completely depends on the dealer.  

i.e.  If you are looking for a good deal alot of dealers will discount "last years" models.  They might have them 6 months into the year for smaller dealers or be out of them in 2 months.

What are you looking for?
¿

zzaphod42

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 04:08:14 pm »
Welcome Newbie!

It completely depends on the dealer.  

i.e.  If you are looking for a good deal alot of dealers will discount "last years" models.  They might have them 6 months into the year for smaller dealers or be out of them in 2 months.

What are you looking for?

Winter months are usually the best time a floor model IF you do not care about the colour or options available.

Also, some companies will have truckload/parking lot/liquidation/scratch and dent type sales at different times of the year. Spring and fall are popular times for these events.

Joe

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 04:16:03 pm »
Well, if I got some help from this forum and not all the sarcasim maybe I will buy one!

So now the forum is to blame.  Boo-Hoo.  Take your dolly and go home.

Brewman
Brewman

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 07:32:41 pm »

D/C You have had more help from this forum than anyone else has ever had.  After 146 postings it is time.

Go buy your Spa!

DeathValley -  January to March are the best months to buy.  Very slow for dealers and they are clearing their floor models.

Do a search and look for "How to negotiate and Buy a Hot Tub on this Forum.  ZzTop
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 07:37:43 pm by ZzTop »

SpaGirl

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 09:13:23 am »
Call Thermospa. They come to your door and sell you direct, so no overhead thus removing the evil dealer. And they retain the finest tech's to meet your warranty needs.

Last reply to D/C from doodoo. Man what a waste of time. >:(

Your name makes me laugh!  Thermospa, I have never heard of them.  Do they come to the East Coast?  Sounds good, but I am still nervous about calling someone until I know a little more about spas. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 09:13:23 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42