What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Suction Drain leak  (Read 1854 times)

keithb67

Suction Drain leak
« on: April 27, 2017, 08:16:27 pm »
Hi all, new here and to owning a hot tub. I have been given a 2001 Catalina xlls-11,000 spa. I am having an issue where the suction drain cover was broken off, at first I simply thought okay, I'll silicone it back on and away we go. Well I think I was wrong. After filling the tub with water, I found a leak. after an hour of scraping away at foam, i still can not difinitively say for sure that is where the leak is, but it is inline with where that suction drain is, and the only jet by that area is much higher then where the foam is wet, so my ASSumption is that suction drain is leaking. I cant seem to be able to get to it with all the other lines running all around it. So my question is, Can I seal that opening off completly? Or is that drain necessary for proper operation on the spa? There are 2 other suction drains in the footwell of the tub as well(for a total of 3 suction drains-again I am assuming thats what these are called).

If sealing this off is not an option, what would be the next best course of action to repair?

Thank You all in advance for any help you may provide.

Keith

Hot Tub Forum

Suction Drain leak
« on: April 27, 2017, 08:16:27 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: Suction Drain leak
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »
suction leaks are usually tricky because the spa has to be tipped up on it's side, the bottom removed/dug out, repairs made, tipped back down, etc....Depending on exactly what part of the fitting is leaking you MAY be able to go at it from the front (with the spa drained of course) with some 2 part marine grade epoxy, but that is probably a long shot.  Blocking it off completely is something I would not recommend.  Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Suction Drain leak
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42