What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Choosing a dealer?  (Read 1629 times)

hotubbing

Choosing a dealer?
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:15:08 pm »
So, I've been reading the forum and there is an overwhelming theme. Dealer. Dealer. Dealer. If you don't select the right dealer, you're basically screwed if anything goes wrong with your tub. So here's my question: How do you select the right dealer? What kind of questions would one ask to be assured that the dealer will be there for you when you need them?

Hot Tub Forum

Choosing a dealer?
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:15:08 pm »

Cora5

Re: Choosing a dealer?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 09:17:34 pm »
Let me say first off that I'm not an expert in regards to purchasing a hot tub. I am looking right now. Here's a list of things that I am following myself.

!. Research the dealer and manufacturer, how long have they been in business. Search the internet to see if you can find reviews about them good and bad.
2. Check the Better Business Bureau BBB.org website to see if the company is listed if so check for any complaints to see how they have handled these. I would check both the dealer and the manufacturer of the hot tub.
3. Look at the dealers website with a fine tooth comb. If you look carefully you will find subtle clues. For example, I have a dealership close to me the sell spas and billiard tables. The website is big on the billiards. Their hot tubs are no where to be found on their website. I went into the store and spoke to the sales rep there and asked a lot of questions. They do not staff a team to do repairs on their hot tubs. They consult with a separate company for this.
4. Ask about the warranty at the dealership, after you have looked it up yourself online with the manufacturer. Notice the reaction you get when you ask this question. Do you get a straight answer right off the bat without the salesperson having to look it up. I would be cautious of any warranties under 5 years, that tells me that they don't believe in their products.
5. Take your time look around and ask a lot of questions. I recently went to a dealership and the sales rep knew less than I did about the product without consulting with another person and looking up information in the company manual.
6. After you are definite in your selection of hot tub. Get to know very well, every aspect of it. Your investment in time spent doing your research will pay off in the long run.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:24:05 am »
I think I bought my tub from the same place Cora5 visited with pool tables patio furniture grills and pools oh and a nice selection of quality tubs. I would say I didn’t know as much as the people I talked to in buying it when I bought it but within 6 months I know I knew more. I was surprised that such a big outfit didn’t do their own delivery and knew nothing about the electrical install. I was even more surprised when the truck and trailer pulled up and it was their competitor doing the delivery. And it was clear to me they would be the ones to deal with for service when the time comes.

We had 4 or 5 places that sold tubs at one time and the one I go to for supplies no longer sells tubs only pools. I don’t know if it is true everywhere but around here it is like buy the tub where you can get the best deal and the tub you want and then if you need service call the guy that is best at that and get your supplies where they have the best price.     

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:24:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42