What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Which hot tub should I choose???  (Read 3507 times)

Harlech

Which hot tub should I choose???
« on: April 02, 2017, 05:52:01 am »
Hi all
Just wondering if there is anyone out there in the same predicament as me??
We've looked st the Caldera Marino and Jacuzzi J235 - any idea which is the best value for money???? Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Which hot tub should I choose???
« on: April 02, 2017, 05:52:01 am »

castletonia

Re: Which hot tub should I choose???
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:05:18 am »
What is the price you are being quoted on each and what is the dealer including?  How about the dealers?  Does one have a better reputation than the other?  Do they do their own service?  If all things are equal, the dealer should be factored into your decision because they are the ones that will be taking care of you while you own the spa if you ever need service.  Have you sat in either spa and is one more comfortable to you than the other?  Just because they are both 7x7 spas with a lounger doesn't mean they will sit the same.

I just came on board with a Caldera dealer and while I haven't yet been able to wet test a Marino, for me at 5'8" its a really comfortable spa when I sit in it dry.  I'm not a huge fan of the Clearray that Jacuzzi offers and do prefer the inline sanitation that Caldera has using @ease.  I'm partial to Caldera, but I have never personally seen a J235 as the Jacuzzi dealer by me does not display the 200 series.  I'm guessing the quality between Jacuzzi and Caldera will be similar since they are two highly regarded brands.

Harlech

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 11:20:44 am »
Hi thanks for your reply. The price is £5999 with steps and cover for the caldera and 7399 for the same items with the jacuzzi. 

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 01:01:28 pm »
ON paper, they are so so similar.  I remember when Watkins came out with Marino (caldera) and the Relay (Hot Spring) back in 2010.  When they came out with it, they were combating the recession and a depressed market.

About a year or two later, Jacuzzi/Sundance literally copied the models with slight changes to not infringe on patents.  (I was a Hot Spring/Jacuzzi dealer back then.)

I know that the cost back then was also higher on the Jacuzzi because of ClearRay being standard on everything.  I personally prefer ozone to UV-C by quite a bit.  However, both do not come with ozone standard so that is kind of a non-factor in this decision.

Due to my experience with the companies on the backend side of the business, I am more partial to Caldera

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 02:12:50 pm »
Hi thanks for your reply. The price is £5999 with steps and cover for the caldera and 7399 for the same items with the jacuzzi.

Caldera all the way with that price differential. Very similar tubs. Are the dealers both pretty good to deal with?

Harlech

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 05:48:00 pm »
Thanks all for your very helpful responses... think we'd be silly not to go for the Caldera in view of your comments.  We did however look at the Hot Springs Relay today but it was 7400 with no accessories!!!!! The shell wasn't as nice as the Caldera as there were lots of screws visible and it sounded loud with the jets on.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 06:23:14 pm »
Thanks all for your very helpful responses... think we'd be silly not to go for the Caldera in view of your comments.  We did however look at the Hot Springs Relay today but it was 7400 with no accessories!!!!! The shell wasn't as nice as the Caldera as there were lots of screws visible and it sounded loud with the jets on.

What part of the country are you in. Seems like the HS and Jacuzzi dealer are priced about where those tubs are normally priced at and the Caldera dealer is price chopping. Were any of those prices with any special financing included?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 06:23:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42