What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another newbie looking in the 4-7k range  (Read 3942 times)

garciawork

Another newbie looking in the 4-7k range
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:20:27 pm »
As you all know, there are a TON of options out there!

So, I have been to a few of the closer local dealers (Boise/Meridian ID) and the two I liked best so far are either Nordic or Clearwater dealers.

So, I couldn't care less about jets, but my wife likes them, though neith of us need hydrotherapy. I just want a scalding hot tub of water myself. This will be used pretty much daily by me. Not a big fan of lounges, just do to being short, and never fitting in them well. So, here is what I have found so far:

Clearwater: looks like the ES76N is the best bet according to the dealer. Cost is 6k, with a cover, lift assist ( cheap I am sure, but not a big deal as long as it works) and I believe a months worth of chemicals. Clearwater is fairly local to my area, the dealer is literally across the street, and the warranty seemed great.

Nordic: Escape SE, $5299 + $250 delivery, includes cover, lift assist, and steps. Lifetime warranty on the shell, ordered by the dealer with full insulation from what I was told for our cold winters. Plenty big inside, and supposedly pretty bomb proof. Then there was the Jubilee LS at $6499 + $250 delivery, little bigger, and two pumps. The guy at the store didn't seem to focus on that one, despite the higher cost, and didn't think the extra pump would mean much.

Edit: forgot to add the Hotspring Rythym at 7k. Don't remember exactly what came with that one. But people seem to also like this brand for reliability.

So, I'd love to know opinions on those two or three, as well as anything else I should be looking at. Most of the recommended brands are represented in my area, they just require more/further trips.

Thanks y'all!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:29:48 pm by garciawork »

Hot Tub Forum

Another newbie looking in the 4-7k range
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:20:27 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Another newbie looking in the 4-7k range
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 02:14:04 pm »
There is a decent amount of choices in that price range.  I have sold Clearwater in the past (very short amount of time) and am currently a dealer of Nordic and Caldera which is similar to the Hot Spot you are looking at (as well as a dealer of Marquis).  From what you are describing your needs are I think the best bet in terms of reliability would be either the Nordic SE tubs or the Rhythm.  I would also get a price on the Jubilee SE.  Have you sat in the Escape SE wet or dry yet?  The one thing I don't like about that tub is the jets stick out and can rub up against your back.  It's hard to explain and you need to sit in it to make sure it's comfortable for you.  Out of the 3 choices I would say Rhythm, Nordic and way down the list would be the Clearwater.  I know the Rhythm is pushing your price tag and where you "could care less" about jet action I would lean you more towards the Nordic.  With the SE your wife will be able to get a good massage and you can enjoy the hot water aspect of it

garciawork

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:09:35 pm »
Appreciate the info very much. I liked the Nordic dealer a lot as well, they do a lot of high end pool/backyard stuff as well, so that is a good sign.

What about Marquis? Anything I should look at on their end? I read a lot of positive things about them, but haven't been to the dealer yet as they are on the other end of town.

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:37:15 am »
I would look at the Marquis e435.  It comes as either a 1 or 2 pump unit and depending on options (foam fill, ozone, frog, LED lights, etc) you should definitely be able to get a 1 pump for under $7k and maybe a 2 pump for around or just over.  It doesn't have a traditional lounger, its an Adirondack chair. 

I sold Marquis for the last 3 years and the 2 pump 435 was my best seller for 2 of those years.  I am in Wisconsin and I was at $7499 with 2 pump, full foam, ozone, twilight led lights and spa frog.

Nordic makes a basic, quality product.  I also sold them for 5 years and am now selling the private label Cove Spas which are made by Nordic.  Very few issues and in my opinion the reliability for the price is very good. 

Can't comment on current Clearwater quality.  Only sold them one year (2008) and it was a disaster.  Many QC issues right away (glue joints not glued, options installed that were not ordered, missing lights, leaks, etc).  The little I have dealt with them recently had not been a great experience.  If I was unable to speak to someone when I called for service, sometimes it took days for a response.

garciawork

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 09:53:05 am »
Appreciate it you guys, thanks. I think I am narrowing a bit, Hot Springs Rhythm, Caldera Vanto, and possibly a Marquis E-750 depending on where the pricing comes in. Maybe the Nordic... not really sure. I son't like the lack of a corner seat on one end of the Escape, but the Retreat SE has 4 seats, although it is a bit smaller than the others on my list. I suppose the Jubilee is on their as well...

But, I think that I have narrowed it down enough, at least. I know there are other good ones out there, but that may just muddy things up when it looks like I can't really go wrong with my current list.

If anyone has anything to add, please feel free!

garciawork

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 02:09:47 pm »
Well, the Caldera dealer responded, and the Vanto will run $6200, cover, lift, steps, chem kit, and delivery. That is a pretty darn good price it seems, just need to see what the Hot Springs dealer responds with. Looks like suggestions for Marquis will likely be a little out of my range, at least for the size/features I am after. But Caldera and HS both seem to have great reputations!

So, for those in the know, Hot Springs Rhythm vs Caldera Vanto? I know they are very similar, but there are also a few differences. Thanks again!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 04:55:20 pm »
Well, the Caldera dealer responded, and the Vanto will run $6200, cover, lift, steps, chem kit, and delivery. That is a pretty darn good price it seems, just need to see what the Hot Springs dealer responds with. Looks like suggestions for Marquis will likely be a little out of my range, at least for the size/features I am after. But Caldera and HS both seem to have great reputations!

So, for those in the know, Hot Springs Rhythm vs Caldera Vanto? I know they are very similar, but there are also a few differences. Thanks again!

Main difference is the Vanto has the in line Spa Frog chemical dispenser installed and the outside cabinets are a bit different.  Other then that they are very similar.  Thats a good price on that tub with all of that delivered

PrecisionPoolMA

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 05:50:25 pm »
Caldera Dealer here as well. The Vanto has been my best selling spa recently, just great space...very comfortable spa. I will say that deal you have for the Vanto must be a cash floor model deal as that is an awesome price!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 05:50:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42