What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maxxus or Aspen  (Read 4700 times)

Momofboys

Maxxus or Aspen
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:45:59 pm »
Im on the verge of ordering a hot tub and am in analysis paralysis. We wanted a large tub bc we have 3 boys and my husband is 6'7".  We also entertain a lot- though thats not the primary use case.   We liked the sundance the best and I am pretty sure i want a lounger (tried the cameo) but I am having trouble getting over the fact that the Maxxus really only has 4 jetted seats.  We also tried the Jacuzzi- did not like the larger models, liked the 3 series but too small. Didn't like Hotsprings, Caldera felt underpowered. Marquis Epic was not a fit and D1 Amore Bay did not impress. Not sure if I am missing something.  We did wet test an aspen (no Maxxus available locally) and liked it but I felt like I would want the lounger.

Any Maxxus or Aspen owners out there who can tell me if they are happy or not??  Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Maxxus or Aspen
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:45:59 pm »

bud16415

Re: Maxxus or Aspen
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 08:44:59 am »
We have a Caldera Geneva and I would say the jets are anything but underpowered when set to full force with the diverters. I tell people when wet testing to really take their time and figure out the way the plumbing works. For instance in our tub it has two main pumps and the one that runs the lounger also runs the large floor jet and also the whirlpool feature. When we get out we set all diverters to the center position so the cleaning cycle will run all the jets at once. In those locations the tub has good forceful jets to all locations for my liking, but some people like even more. Turning all the diverters to act on just the lounger is really a lot of force. The same is true for the second pump and the seats on the other side of the tub. When just the two of us are in the tub and we each want some therapeutic jet benefits there is more than enough to share. Now of course if 6 people were in there we would have the jets split up more so all could enjoy. I don’t know if I would want a tub with so much power all jets could be maxed at once.

I don’t have any input for you on the two you asked about sorry.   

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 12:47:36 pm »
Do you have a Bullfrog dealer nearby where you can try out an A8 or R8 (A8L/R8L if you prefer lounger) ?

Momofboys

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:35:06 pm »
We have a Caldera Geneva and I would say the jets are anything but underpowered when set to full force with the diverters. I tell people when wet testing to really take their time and figure out the way the plumbing works. For instance in our tub it has two main pumps and the one that runs the lounger also runs the large floor jet and also the whirlpool feature. When we get out we set all diverters to the center position so the cleaning cycle will run all the jets at once. In those locations the tub has good forceful jets to all locations for my liking, but some people like even more. Turning all the diverters to act on just the lounger is really a lot of force. The same is true for the second pump and the seats on the other side of the tub. When just the two of us are in the tub and we each want some therapeutic jet benefits there is more than enough to share. Now of course if 6 people were in there we would have the jets split up more so all could enjoy. I don’t know if I would want a tub with so much power all jets could be maxed at once.

I don’t have any input for you on the two you asked about sorry.   

I actually think the Geneva felt stronger than the Cantabria- we wet tested both for extended periods on two trips.  However, the Geneva was not big enough. Cantabria was actually still a top contender for me but it did not fit my husband well and I did have to agree that the eurojets are not as nice as bigger jets.  Glad you like yours though!

Momofboys

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 01:36:22 pm »
Do you have a Bullfrog dealer nearby where you can try out an A8 or R8 (A8L/R8L if you prefer lounger) ?

We didnt try bullfrog. It seemed like all the jets were mostly in the seat backs.

Momofboys

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 01:36:50 pm »
Would still REALLY love to hear from some Maxxus and Aspen owners!!!

Smoke_1

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 01:59:38 pm »
We've had our Maxxus for about 5 months now. Really like the tub. It does seem strange, like you said, that for a tub this big it really does only have the 4 jetted seats, actually 3 plus a lounger. My wife and I tend to us the same 2 seats. The lounger is a bit too big for her. Hope that helps

Momofboys

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 07:56:55 pm »
We've had our Maxxus for about 5 months now. Really like the tub. It does seem strange, like you said, that for a tub this big it really does only have the 4 jetted seats, actually 3 plus a lounger. My wife and I tend to us the same 2 seats. The lounger is a bit too big for her. Hope that helps

Smoke1-
Thanks so much for your insight.  Did you test an Aspen before buying? Do YOU like the lounger or is the seat you like the most one of the regular one? Really appreciate your response!

Smoke_1

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 09:40:42 pm »
We didn't test an Aspen, so no help there. On some occasions, the lounger is very relaxing. More often than not, we sit in the 2 seats at the far end from the control panel. The jets are strong and give you a good back massage. The other 3-4 seats are really just flat shelves. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more.
John

Momofboys

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 10:32:40 pm »
Well I've now changed course. I think we are going to do the Aspen. With a larger family it seems to make sense. The dealer is offering 1000 off for a 2014 brand new model of what we would order. That does not seem like a big enough discount to warrant the 3 years  but I don't know much about idle tubs. The price is around 12.1 for a 2017.  Thoughts anyone?

bud16415

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 07:17:50 am »
Is it the Arcadia model you are leaning to?

Momofboys

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 10:45:37 am »
No, Sundance Aspen

bud16415

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 11:07:29 am »
No, Sundance Aspen

I haven’t been in one but it looks like a great layout.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 03:35:30 pm »
Well I've now changed course. I think we are going to do the Aspen. With a larger family it seems to make sense. The dealer is offering 1000 off for a 2014 brand new model of what we would order. That does not seem like a big enough discount to warrant the 3 years  but I don't know much about idle tubs. The price is around 12.1 for a 2017.  Thoughts anyone?

Make sure they are clear on what/how much of the warranty they are honoring on the 2014 model because the factory warranty has already started on that, if they won't honor it in full than in my opinion a bigger discount may be warranted, but maybe they are going to honor it in full so they won't discount as much...just a couple things to discuss with them... Good Luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 03:35:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42