What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OK so I'm not the smartest guy on this forum...  (Read 3659 times)

iggythewetcat

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
OK so I'm not the smartest guy on this forum...
« on: August 06, 2004, 12:59:30 pm »
My wife and I just bought a Hotspring Jetsetter. However, I did so before finding this forum. Consequently we never wet tested it. I know that’s what everyone admonishes you to do here, but I didn’t know that when I ordered it. I based the decision on size, endorsements from Epinion, and dry testing. Although it’s after the fact (it will be delivered in a couple of weeks) does anyone have experience with this tub? Any thoughts or suggestions??? (please don’t say next time wet test!) Is there anything you could say that will (honestly) tell me I made a good decision? BTW I bought the Ozone feature that was another $400. Do these really work? The salesman said it makes for a lot less maintenance.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hot Tub Forum

OK so I'm not the smartest guy on this forum...
« on: August 06, 2004, 12:59:30 pm »

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
Re: OK so I'm not the smartest guy on this forum..
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 01:06:30 pm »
Hot Springs is a terrific manufacturer of hot tubs (I own a HS Grandee) and have heard people speak very favorably of the jetsetter.  The tub will be well made and covered by an honest warranty.  Whether it is "for you" or not does need to be based on a wet test, but here are some pointers that I got from people who dry tested:

1) When you dry test a tub you want the seats to be slightly "snug".  Once water is in the tub you will float and the water will lubricate so a dry, snug seat will become a comfortable seat.

2) When dry testing with multiple people you tend to keep your legs together and on the bottom of the spa.  When in a wet tub legs float around alot (mostly unintentionally!).  A dry tub will *seem* to fit more people.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 01:47:37 pm »
I think you will enjoy the tub.  It is the smaller tub in the HotSpring line and if I still had a dealer in my area, I would buy one for my mom.  I wanted a little more room than the Jetsetter offered, hence, I bought a Vanguard, which I love!!

I would suggest getting a hydro-pulse plate to put on your moto-massage jet (it is very easy to change out the plate), I love that seat better than any other.

Don't feel bad, I would never have known to wet test if I hadn't found this board before I bought.

Congratulations, soon you will be in hot, bubbly water!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 01:56:12 pm »
Iggythewetcat:
Don’t worry you will love your tub.  Hotspring is one of the most highly respected manufacturers in the United States.  
Chris H

dazedandconfused

• Still Negotiating ....
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 02:05:13 pm »
Well, since you said you have a few weeks till arrival, I am assuming it still hasn't been manufactured.  It probably takes a day or 2 to make and at most a week or two for delivery.

My adice is to ask you dealer to fill a jetsetter up with water and go wet test.  If you do not like it, cancel your order.  The dealer may fuss but if you hold your ground you should get your $$ back.  If not, I am sure he will let you choose another hotspring model for no additional fees except for the diff in price.

But definately go ask for a wet test before it is too late and you have spent all that $$ for a model you may not like!  Nothing like buyers remorse!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 02:06:25 pm »

1. However, I did so before finding this forum.
2. Consequently we never wet tested it. Is there
3.anything you could say that will (honestly) tell me I made a good decision?

1 I did the same thing. Which is really strange, I've been online and had an email address since 1984 and  use the internet for everything.  But this forum is still a great place to see even after the sale. As you can probably see, I post here quite a bit  ;D

2. We had been in several hot tubs of friends and were sure we knew what wewanted so we didn't think wet testing was neccesary. Hey, it worked out ok for us, and I'm guessing it will for you.

3. Hot Springs is a reputable brand and it seems most buyers are satisfied. I think the people here will put you at ease. Other brands are good, but for the next couple of years, I would assume you made the perfect decision.  Most will agree you did not make a bad one.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 02:13:52 pm »

But definately go ask for a wet test before it is too late and you have spent all that $$ for a model you may not like!  Nothing like buyers remorse!

Wouldn't you actually have to buy something to suffer remorse? ;)
Brewman
Brewman

UnderTheStars

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 07:18:35 pm »
Hi Iggy, I have to agree with Dazed on this one.  Call your dealer and ask to wet test the Jetsetter.  You might also want to look at the Prodigy.  It is only 12" larger one direction and 5" larger the other.  The Prodigy is more "traditional spa seating" with more jets/no lounger.  If you read previous posts, some people don't like the lounger, some do.  (Some people float out of them.)

IMO, you can't go wrong with HotSpring.  But the wet test will tell you if you made the right pick.  Based on "window shopping" we were convinced Sundance was first choice, HS second choice.   Based on "feel" of the wet test we reversed and bought the HS.  Take my comments with a grain of salt as I've only been a spa owner for 2 1/2 days (3 soaks so far, #4 in about 15 minutes!)

FWIW, 2 days prior to delivery (I was just calling to confirm) my HS dealer offered, "It's not too late if you want to make a change. . ."  He was of course referring to color/model.  But I think you have time to go try one.  If nothing else it will help you feel better about your choice.  Bottom line:  no matter what you do, you are going to love having a hot tub!
Stars

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 07:18:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42