What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Worth while accessories? Also startup needs  (Read 4766 times)

MikeK157

Worth while accessories? Also startup needs
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:55:26 pm »
What are some good accessories that folks use on a regular basis?

Pillows? seat boosts? floating drink holders? snack trays?

Outside of the regular supplies (starter kit) is there anything else one needs right off the bat as well?

Thermometer?  vacuum?

I have an artesian grand caymen install in March

Hot Tub Forum

Worth while accessories? Also startup needs
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:55:26 pm »

bud16415

Re: Worth while accessories? Also startup needs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 10:56:59 pm »
An electric drain pump is nice and a good quality shop vac. The best accessory I put in was a out door water line that I can select inside the house hot or cold or mixed and a 10’ long all weather hose to hook to it with a jet sprayer nozzle for filling the tub or topping off. Filters clean much nicer with hot water. Also when I add water and plan on using it soon I top it off with hot water. Hot water works great in the winter for deicing the steps and walkway. Don’t go cheap on the cover lifter, a good quality lifter really helps on a big tub. No food in the tub. We do drink in the tub but mostly water. Good plastic glasses only around the tub. 

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »
Your tub has pilows/head rests already, and your digital topside controller will monitor the temp. 

The Grand Cayman has ample space for your drinks but if you were to get a tray, floating isn't recommended in my opinion as the water will have such movement that the floater will not be stable long term, unless you're using sippy cups  ;)  If you are looking for a tray, look for something that either attaches directly to the cabinet or sits on the shell.  There are oodles of side trays on the market and I have zero preference other than non-floating.

Seat boosters are entirely up to you, or rather, up to whether or not you are tall enough. 

A vac is probably not necessary.  But let a month or so pass and see if it may be needed.

Other than the suggestions by bud16415, all I could think about is possibly getting a warm robe for winter (and maybe sandals/flip flops) and possibly scented granuals.  I sell Spazazz but most granulated smelly stuff seems to be the same.

Hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward. 

MikeK157

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 05:35:44 pm »
Your tub has pilows/head rests already, and your digital topside controller will monitor the temp. 

The Grand Cayman has ample space for your drinks but if you were to get a tray, floating isn't recommended in my opinion as the water will have such movement that the floater will not be stable long term, unless you're using sippy cups  ;)  If you are looking for a tray, look for something that either attaches directly to the cabinet or sits on the shell.  There are oodles of side trays on the market and I have zero preference other than non-floating.

Seat boosters are entirely up to you, or rather, up to whether or not you are tall enough. 

A vac is probably not necessary.  But let a month or so pass and see if it may be needed.

Other than the suggestions by bud16415, all I could think about is possibly getting a warm robe for winter (and maybe sandals/flip flops) and possibly scented granuals.  I sell Spazazz but most granulated smelly stuff seems to be the same.

Hope this helps.  Good luck moving forward. 

All good advice. Bought some of the scents to enhance the experience.

Thinking i will need one of those filter brushes but if you say vacuum isnt needed then ill skip it for now

aquaman617

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 06:03:08 am »
Chances are, over time, sand and grit and little bits of leaves, etc, will accumulate in the bottom of an outdoor tub.  I suggest getting a manual vacuum.  It's essentially a long wand which, after a few pumps of the handle, creates a vacuum and you can such up the bits of debris from the bottom of the tub.

I bought my vacuum after shattering a glass inside the tub.  So I'd also recommend good plastic cups.

bud16415

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 08:09:13 am »
I forgot one handy one dollar item I use quite a bit. I bought a little aquarium fish net. I use it when you get those little stones or specs of whatever on the floor of the tub. When I get in I just net them out. The other time when I use it is when I pull the filter there is always a few bits that get loose from the filter and swirl around in the filter compartment. Being about 4 inches wide it gets right in there. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 07:26:48 pm »
a spa vacuum and a good nozzle to clean filters are a must in my opinion, booster seats are also nice if you have kids and/or shorter folks using the tub on a regular basis.

Or just go all out and wrap a custom surround around that bad boy :-)

Cora5

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 10:30:37 pm »
That's a sweet setup. Is the surround sold by Bullfrog spas?

d00nut

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 12:45:32 am »
That's a sweet setup. Is the surround sold by Bullfrog spas?

That is Surround Type number 1 from A & B.  They are a small, but great little company:

http://www.aandbaccessories.com/surrounds/

Calisoldier83

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 02:26:52 pm »
Scumbag, spa vac

MikeK157

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 04:35:35 pm »
Scumbag, spa vac

Looking into a spa vac. Just debating if i need an electric one or not

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 04:44:55 pm »

Thermometer?  vacuum?

I have an artesian grand caymen install in March

I use  spa vac to get grit out of the bottom of our tub.  Its about a 4 foot long device.  There is a handheld squeeze bulb type that is about worthless.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 04:44:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42