What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis de Spa  (Read 4751 times)

Jan

Marquis de Spa
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:37:45 pm »
Hello again, everyone. Next week my hubby and I are traveling 100 miles to wet test the two top Marquis - and I'm sorry, I can't remember the names of them.

My question is this: we are also going to wet test their "Everyday" hot tub line, the 636, to be exact. Anyone have experience with this model? It looks pretty good in the pamphlet, but I haven't seen anything on here about that line.

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis de Spa
« on: July 21, 2004, 08:37:45 pm »

IonHeaven

Re: Marquis de Spa
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 11:24:41 pm »
I wet tested a Marquis Reward today and like it very much. It's in the top 3 on my wet test list! I looked at the Everyday tubs, but did not wet test any.

IMO, the warranty and some other features do not compare, but the price is lower.

Let me know how your wet test goes.

IonHeaven

Pooldevil

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 09:14:15 am »
Hi
As a Marquis dealer in the UK I would be very interested in your opinion of the new 636 against the Euphoria.
The Euphoria does have quite a few extra features but I am sure your dealer will help you with your decision.
One thing I can tell you is that both the Marquis & EveryDay range use the same pumps & electronics which are the best we have seen !
Enjoy your tub ....
Curt ;)

saz

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 08:48:41 am »
Hi there!
We're just about to get our Reward delivered (Thursday - cant wait!!) But, we were the same as you when looking round. To be perfectly honest, we prefered the Reward over the Everyday because the Reward had the Durasides, rather than the proper wood that you have to keep stained, as our tub will be going up against a wall, and a fence, so two of the sides we would have never been able to stain.
Hope this helps
saz

Oskar

• 2003 Marquis Reward
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 10:44:58 am »
sazNstevie

If you bought a 2003 model ask the dealer if the diverting valves have been updated to the revised ones, if he says he doesn't know what you are talking about tell him to get it touch with his factory rep. It is a no brainer to change them out, the problem is they tend to stick when turning them and the handle may break off , but they will replace them both for you with no problem.

If you have a 2004 you have no problem.
I have a reward and really enjoy it, great massage, good size and really well built, in MHO.
Enjoy your tub you made a good choice.
:D

saz

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 11:58:33 am »
Cheers Oskar,
will do, but I think it's the 2004 model.
saz

schutawie

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 10:52:49 pm »
I am curious to know what you thought of the 636.  We are considering the 636 and the Reward.  I wish the 636 had the whirlpool feature or that the Reward had the hamstring jets.   I haven't been able to wet test either of them.  We did like the 530, although it is a little smaller than what we would like.

Any opinions on the 636 or the Everyday line in general?

Thanks!
Stacey

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 01:25:41 am »
The Everyday line offers a lot of value...when you add the z pac to it....you get an ozonator, dura base bottom, dura cabinet, the spa frog and up graded cover...it really makes for a nice spa in the 636 model...I would think you could buy it for about 6300.00 or so two pumps 56 frame not bad for a 90x90 400 gallon spa.....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 08:01:38 am »
Hi there!
We're just about to get our Reward delivered (Thursday - cant wait!!)

Today's the day, go to BlockBuster and rent the move, "THE LONGEST DAY" and watch it over and over till the tub comes. (For me that would have been about 10 times.)    Good luck, look forward to hearing how it goes.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 09:48:41 pm »
Jan,
I have a Marquis Journey at home and want to replace it with a new tub (long story as to why, I just do that every 3-4 years because I can) but have been in the same situation as several newbie shoppers as, I have several brands to choose from because even though I'm in the spa industry I'm not tied to any single brand. The Reward SA and the Euphoria SA are the closest to my journey but I like several others.

I think the 636 is the best shell design I've ever sat in but like the power in the Reward better. You will really have to wet test to see what gives you the best soaking experience.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 09:48:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42