What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New to Spa ownership - Winer AMC2210  (Read 4799 times)

Alicatt

New to Spa ownership - Winer AMC2210
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:20:52 am »
Hi everyone, well I got my first spa bath a Chinese Winer AMC-2210 of uncertain vintage. My son had got it from a friend and he could not get it to work properly - no heat. so instead of taking it to the recycle centre he passed it on to me just before Xmas :)

As the say here "I know from nothing, zeker"  meaning I know nothing! 

On opening the side panels I find that the wiring for the heater has been butchered to get round the problem of the pressure sensor being rusted and busted, then siliconed to seal it. The heater is the original Rooster but I have ordered a replacement 3kW LX as a replacement and should be able to sort out the wiring from there.

Because of the busted heater and the low temperatures here -8c I have not put any water in it to test it out so still do not know whether there are any more problems, I will have to clean it out and sanitise it but if anyone has any knowlege of the AMC-2210 - the one with the yellow 15 button topside panel- even if it is just the possible age of it I would be grateful of any info.

Thanks, Alistair.

Hot Tub Forum

New to Spa ownership - Winer AMC2210
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:20:52 am »

Alicatt

Re: New to Spa ownership - Winer AMC2210
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 09:34:58 am »
After a quick clean now that there is more than a week of good weather forecast I put a little water in the bottom pf the tub, enough to cover the pump intakes and fired some electricity into the pumps...

After a quick change of clothes and a warm towel I can report that the pumps are working :D The jets from the lounger went about 8ft in the air and it is powered by the circulation/heater system, i'm now adding a bit more water to the level of the water sensor then I will connect the supply properly to the tub and see what happens or doesn't.

Exciting! But man, what a lot of dirt came out the jets :( it will need a good clean and disinfect treatment, but I knew that already. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 09:39:12 am »
Hi everyone, well I got my first spa bath a Chinese Winer AMC-2210 of uncertain vintage. My son had got it from a friend and he could not get it to work properly - no heat. so instead of taking it to the recycle centre he passed it on to me just before Xmas :)

As the say here "I know from nothing, zeker"  meaning I know nothing! 

On opening the side panels I find that the wiring for the heater has been butchered to get round the problem of the pressure sensor being rusted and busted, then siliconed to seal it. The heater is the original Rooster but I have ordered a replacement 3kW LX as a replacement and should be able to sort out the wiring from there.

Because of the busted heater and the low temperatures here -8c I have not put any water in it to test it out so still do not know whether there are any more problems, I will have to clean it out and sanitise it but if anyone has any knowlege of the AMC-2210 - the one with the yellow 15 button topside panel- even if it is just the possible age of it I would be grateful of any info.

Thanks, Alistair.

Fix the sensor problem also.
Retired

Alicatt

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:17:34 am »

Once the tub is clean and disinfected that will be the next job.
It is difficult to get 1 1/2" fittings here, I will have to find a supplier that has them, I can do a bodge job to fit the new heater using parts from the swimming pool but I would rather get it right first.

At least there are no leaks in the pool, all joints and pipes are tight, circulation pump is a bit noisy, as in rattling a bit, so will pull it off once I have drained and cleaned and see what is amiss, either a bearing or the impeller is loose from the sound of it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 01:13:33 pm »

Once the tub is clean and disinfected that will be the next job.
It is difficult to get 1 1/2" fittings here, I will have to find a supplier that has them, I can do a bodge job to fit the new heater using parts from the swimming pool but I would rather get it right first.

At least there are no leaks in the pool, all joints and pipes are tight, circulation pump is a bit noisy, as in rattling a bit, so will pull it off once I have drained and cleaned and see what is amiss, either a bearing or the impeller is loose from the sound of it.

Bearings and seals are common problems on pumps.The fact that it's not leaking is a good thing. Where are you that 1 1/2" fittings are hard to find?
Retired

Alicatt

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 01:32:25 pm »
I'm a Scot living in Belgium, married to a Belgian lass. :) we are close to the Dutch and German borders.

I have been looking online at various shops in the area but none list  inch and a half fittings, I did visit most of the DIY stores in about 4 local towns but alas nothing, however there is a garden shop that sells pools and hot tubs they might have something, I will be having a look later in the week, if not then I can get them in the UK and shipped here.

Alicatt

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 11:19:33 am »
Last night I opened the taps on the chlorine feeder and this morning the water level in the tub had dropped to the level of the top of the feeder Arrgh! There is a historical crack in the cap that I didn't spot before, someone has tried using silicone to seal it.

One Hayward CL100 or CL110 cap and O-ring required...

The list is getting longer :(

Still everything else was dry and could see no drips or wet patches other than the Chlorine feeder cap.

Alicatt

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 07:38:06 am »
Circulation pump has been pulled off yesterday and dismantled. Wow what a lot of slop in the bearings, the one at the dry end is really quite bad, don't know if it is salvageable yet, going to let either my middle son or brother in law take a look as they are both engineers and see what they recommend.

Volute, impeller, and seals are all fine, but the bit of rust in the dry end is a bit more than I expected.

Alicatt

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 08:35:16 am »
Bearings are worn out, new ones should fix the pump up just fine. New bearings are on order and should be here on tuesday :)

Alicatt

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 05:27:49 pm »
Bearings arrived last night (Monday) but didn't have the time to fit them, but they are in now and the motor is purring nicely without the clang and bang it had before.

2 weeks of sub zero weather forecast so the tub stays drained.

I have taken the side panels inside and am going to strip the old varnish off then re-coat them, the wife is saying to oil them but I'm not sure on that, whether it is better to varnish or oil them. The wood looks and feels like cedar and is still in quite good condition, just needing to be "spruced" up  :D

Any advice on wood finishes?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 06:53:40 am »
Bearings arrived last night (Monday) but didn't have the time to fit them, but they are in now and the motor is purring nicely without the clang and bang it had before.

2 weeks of sub zero weather forecast so the tub stays drained.

I have taken the side panels inside and am going to strip the old varnish off then re-coat them, the wife is saying to oil them but I'm not sure on that, whether it is better to varnish or oil them. The wood looks and feels like cedar and is still in quite good condition, just needing to be "spruced" up  :D

Any advice on wood finishes?

I like tung oil. Easy.

But I enjoyed grabbing a couple beers and a rag and relax in the sun rubbing the wood on the tub. They say never throw a tung oily rag in the garbage can until its dry. There are some refuse substances that can cause an oily rag to heat and start on fire with the right ventilation/sun light and other factors. I always just threw them in the garbage to dry, and lived on the edge.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:37:14 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Alicatt

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 06:07:10 am »
Thanks, I'll have a look into that, not an expert on working with wood, though I'm learning... and my wife recommends oiling the wood too.

My grandfather was a carpenter and my father a pattern maker, my little brother and I both went into marine electronics, my two youngest sons are in steel construction ... none of us are much use for welding wood together ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 06:07:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42