What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NEED advice FAST: HS Envoy  (Read 8318 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: NEED advice FAST: HS Envoy
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 11:42:12 am »
I had my service guy in our store for a couple of hours yesterday morning: in addition to draining the Sov and moving the power connection back to the Siberian from the Sov that we just had hot for two days, (and installing the Navigator Remote on the Vista), he took out one of the diverters from the Vista to see why it was so dang hard to turn with the pump on.

He pulled it, looked it over, took one off the shelf, popped it in, and it was just like new again. Total time was about 4 minutes, counting unwrapping the new part and positioning the orings before inserting it into the spa. It took longer to fill out the warranty form that I'll send in on Monday to get paid for this 'repair.'

The diverters use a top-load valve, easily serviced by us and you after the warranty. They need to be cleaned out every couple of years for most people, and it's a breeze. I only replaced it because it has been cleaned before. Your dealer has no business having a sticky one, but don't worry: you won't be turning it nearly as much as a showroom floor model.

I think ours only went south because we turn it SO much - it's moving just about all day long on a busy day, and it gets twisted at least twice each and every day before the store opens as we check each spa for good water and proper operation.

As to dealing with this distant store, I say go for the one who acts like a HotSpring dealer is supposed to act!   ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 11:45:10 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2004, 11:42:12 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2004, 04:22:45 pm »
Not all tubs are created equal, nor are diverter valves. I have sold tubs that have difficult and easy diverters. IMO turnung the pump off to divert is not that big a deal, but it is nice to be able to do it with jets pumps on.
Homeworks Financing Representative

IonHeaven

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2004, 05:02:11 pm »
Hi,
The first Sovergn I tested, had no problems at all with the divertor on the lounge working with the jets on. That's why I noticed the difference in the next tub.

It just seemed odd for a dealer to not have a floor tub fully operational for selling's sake anyway.  

My main question about the Envoy at this point is:

HOW DO YOU GET IN?  :-[

I tried entering on the side with the controls, but had to negotiate a slippery slope on either side of the lounge seat area. All the seats are sloped with no flat area on which to enter. The Vista seemed the same way...any tips. Maybe it's just cause I'm clumbsy?

Thanks, IonHeaven

Today I have to sit down with my husband and go over the reasons why I would like to switch our choice  from a Marqui Reward to a HS Envoy. Any ideas would be of great help. I am under the impression that they are comprable spas with the HS have a few bells and whistles. Chime in please!! Thanks again.

BTW, finally a hot day in the Adirondack's, so I at least got to soak in the lake!

okspacpl

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2004, 05:13:14 pm »
Ionhaven,

We too are in Spa dealer hell;  We havent gotten to wet test a HS and don't know anything about their price point and we have heard nothing but good things about the brand from this forum and word of mouth.

What we can add to your decision making is that we were offered a Marquis Reward retailed (6500) was filled up as a demo in the showroom and then drained as they are discontinuing the lineup for the guy said 4500 or 4600 he give it to us for with cover steps chem and all the other standard stuff.  We liked the tub but it wasn't deep enough for us I am 6ft 3 and wife is 5ft 6.  Hope we didn't confuse your decision any more.

As always happy hunting!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2004, 05:56:53 pm »
My main question about the Envoy at this point is:
HOW DO YOU GET IN?  :-[

Get in on one of the Non-recliner sides.  I know a lot of dealers set the steps up on the recliner side of the spa out of habbit, but it really is easier to get into this spa from any of the other sides. Or, you can do what I do:

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

IonHeaven

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 08:06:42 pm »
Wow, discontinuing the line up of Marquis? All the Marquis in the store or just that model? Thanks for the info.

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2004, 01:12:31 am »
Have you looked at the Marquis Euphoria? I paid 7,400 steps, cover & lifter, spa vacuum, 12 LED light, 6 toy's for the kid's, and a realistic 6 months of chemicals.

Gosh, your in the price range and there is more room and four corner seats But if you really like the lounger then The regular Reward is the ticket.

My Marquis dealer let us wet test a Reward, SA Reward and Euphoria. We spent 1 1/2 hours after the store was closed on a Saturday. We wet tested  from tub to tub again and again. We walked in with a Reward on the brain and also in the wallet. Walked out with a Euphoria. We have never looked back.

If there is anything I can atest to is you only think of the price when you are paying for it.  When your in the spa the price will never enter your mind.

Buy your spa like your buying your last one first.
And most of all pick a dealer you get the best gut feeling with. Best of luck to you. AND ENJOY.... ;D

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2004, 09:05:23 am »
Ionheaven,  were you able to convince your husband to go with the HS?  I hope you were.  You will love everything about owning a HS.  It sounds like you found a true HS dealer this time.  Let us know the outcome.

okspacpl

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2004, 03:09:35 pm »
Wow, discontinuing the line up of Marquis? All the Marquis in the store or just that model? Thanks for the info.

They are discontinuing the entire lineup and have introduced
Artesian is what he said I hadn't heard of them so I don't have any info on the brand.  And the are primarily a Sundance dealer which is what they push heavily.  

mowgli

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2004, 05:27:50 pm »
I have owned an Envoy for about 6 weeks...I love it!  The jets are strong without being overpowering, each seat has a different jet for different parts of the body.  It is quiet and I think well made.  I use it every day!!!  I did quite a bit of research and narrowed it down to the Sundance and HotSprings...I think both are great.  I bought the HS because of the dealer and the dumb waterfall...(I am actually happy about the waterfall).  The most important factor for me though is the Motomassage...it is heaven after a hard work out or stressful day and afterall, it is what a hot tub is all about!  It was betwwen the Vista and the Envoy-my wife talked me inot the smaller one-she felt it wasn't worth the extra $ for the extra person...maybe she was right but next time I will trade in for the larger tub!  Enjoy and stop deciding-you are missing valuable "pool" time!

IonHeaven

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2004, 08:57:47 pm »
Yes, I am missing valuable soak time. Fortunately it finally seems like summer up here and I am able to soak in the lake.

Well, now I know how to enter the Envoy, loved the diving board tip BTW...but which side does the cover open?? Now I am trying to figure out how to place the tub since I would prefer not to enter on the lounge side, but have to keep the motor toward the front. I am guessing that since the motor is in the front, that the cover goes side to side?

For you Envoy owners, do you like the spot by the waterfall not having a seat? Seems like a nice place to stand up out of the tub. I also wondered if I would miss having a cool down seat as well as a seat for a 6th person? I'm guessing the controls outside the tub must be so you can check them without opening the cover.

Remember, I only wet tested the Vista and the Sovergn, but I don't think I can go wrong ordering the Envoy. The captains chair and foot jets looks great and I'm hoping I wont float in the lounge too much.

Thanks for all your comments.

Now the color. My husband says green granite for ease of maintainence. I'm leaning toward pearl, but hearing alot about how terrific the copper is. The pearl must be great with that cool light though!

Hope your all enjoying your tub while I dream on...dream on...dream until your dreams come true...

IonHeaven

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2004, 09:46:39 pm »
Sounds like you've made up your mind. You'll love your new Beachcomber!  ;D

Just teasing IonHeaven! Glad things are coming together for you. Hope you stick around here my dear after the purchase too! You'll find it hard to leave. wink wink!  ;D Who says I have an addictive type personality? ::) I could stop posting if I wanted....really! I just uhhhh don't want to! ;)

Steve

IonHeaven

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2004, 09:58:28 pm »
I loved the Beachcomber and it is still my top choice for everything but the neck jets. I needed more in that area. My husband is dissapointed that the cabinet won't be cedar like the beachcomber was. We liked the step so much that he will probably build something like it for our tub.

A few friends have realized my new found hot tub education and asked my advice. I have steered them to the Beachcomber dealer, they will get a great spa for a great price.

This really has been harder than buying a car. My only reservation now is that I did not wet test the Envoy. Only the Vista and Sovergn and loved them both. My husband keeps asking me...'How can you buy a tub you didn't wet test?' Am I being foolish?

and yes, I hope to be reporting to you on how great everything about whatever the spa I wind up with is...SOON! Besides, I'll have a ton of questions about chemicals, spa cover protectors (steve) and so on...

In the meantime, I'll soak in the lake,

IonHeaven

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2004, 07:30:45 am »
First, Steve, you better not quit posting, you and your wit would be sorely missed around here!!!   ;)

Ionheaven,  I think you would be happy in any HotSpring product.  I feel you should wet test any spa you are going to buy, but with the hard ships you have faced, and the fact you loved the Vista and Sovereign, I say "You can't go wrong"!!!  If you had only like one or the other (of the HotSpring products) I would say, do a wet test.

The thing is, I think you will be happy with either brand!

Okspacpl,  Ok, I'm going to have to go back to the Sundance dealer.  I bought my last bottle of chlorine from them, since the HotSpring dealer I bought from quit selling spas, altogether.  I don't live very far from the North store, but they still had Sundance and Marquis.  They are really starting to sell Artesian?  Hmmm...Emerald must have either dropped the line, or been dropped.  They mainly sold LA Spas.  Just to let you know, I have heard good things about Artesian. On Dr. Spa's board, there is a gentleman that goes by Northman.  He has an Artesian and loves it!!!  Have you gone to Emerald yet?  Just curious.  You are making me
reminiscent of my shopping days!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

IonHeaven

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2004, 12:27:38 am »
Great news! The HS dealer that is 2 hours away is filling the Envoy for me to wet test! They have been the best to work with with basically no close second in my area. I think we are almost there...spatopia here we come!

IonHeaven

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2004, 12:27:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42