What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moderator needs to review the Reviews  (Read 3671 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Moderator needs to review the Reviews
« on: August 03, 2004, 09:56:01 am »
Having followed this forum for many months and learned quite a lot that REALLY helped when making decisions concerning the purchase, care and "feeding" of my tub (a big THANKS to all of you  :-*), I felt an honest review to be in order.  It seems that someone has decided to throw a totally bogus review of the same tub into the Reviews section that skews both the rating and the price.  After a couple of messages to the moderator of this board requesting the offending review be removed, I've seen no action nor have I received any replies.  This is a wonderful forum but it will sink if it is not moderated properly.  Thanks for allowing me to rant a bit.....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

Moderator needs to review the Reviews
« on: August 03, 2004, 09:56:01 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Moderator needs to review the Reviews
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 10:19:11 am »
There are reviews? Never noticed.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 10:35:19 am »
I guess someone was jealous of the extreme amount of care and time you put into your review.   The moderator here is low key, but usually catches stuff. Perhaps he is on vacation, Tis the season.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 11:12:50 am »
The moderator does a good job when people in the forum get out of hand.  He doesn’t worry too much about the reviews because they don’t get out of hand too often.  I understand your point however because you can tell your review is genuine and the other review is not genuine.

ht-mod

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 12:33:52 pm »
Sorry for the minor oversight- The review mentioned has been removed.

I do want to stress however, that everyone here is entitled to an opinion so long as it is delivered with substance, relevance, and a genuine email address. The purpose of the reviews section is to give people a broad range of spa experiences to draw from-- Which is why it is important to first look for your brand and model of spa FIRST and post with the others rather than opening a new thread for your review- this way the ranking--- 'the dots' will reflect an overall standing.

thanks for your help and cooperation.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 01:00:55 pm »
My first thought was that you can't remove reviews because someone disagrees with them but then I read the review and it seems as if either a 12 yr old wrote it or someone acting like a 12 yr old did so.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

OnMedic

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 01:48:28 pm »
I added a review, but it seems to be there 3 times...? Also, the fields weren't 100% explanitory, so how do I go back and modify it?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 10:55:57 pm by OnMedic »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 08:56:43 pm »
Thank you, ht-mod.  And thank you to all responders for the kind remarks.  Certainly I would have not asked for a removal had the review even remotely resembled a sincere opinion.  This is a fine board and I appreciate it and everyone of you very much.  No time for trolls...... :)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2004, 08:56:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42