What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HOT TUB BRANDS  (Read 5082 times)

grasshopper

HOT TUB BRANDS
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:09:56 pm »
What are some good brands I could look at for a price range between $5-7k?

Hot Tub Forum

HOT TUB BRANDS
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:09:56 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: HOT TUB BRANDS
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:57:04 pm »
Lots of options. Vacanza series by caldera, hot spot spas, jacuzzi 200 series, Marquis has a new tub called the vector 77 that should be close to the 7k mark, bullfrog x series I believe. Most manufacturers will have something in that price range. What specifically are you looking for?  Bigger tub for the family or a smaller tub for 2-3 people? 

grasshopper

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 08:25:37 am »
We are looking for a 92x92 with a lounger.
Would like metal frame.
Powerful pumps/jets.
Neck jet diverter
"Maintenance free" skirting

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 10:25:17 am »
We are looking for a 92x92 with a lounger.
Would like metal frame.
Powerful pumps/jets.
Neck jet diverter
"Maintenance free" skirting

Unfortunately what you want probably won't be in the price range you are looking at trying to spend.  What brands are near to you?  Why a metal frame? Most Tubs use pressure treated wood.  It won't rust and lasts just as long as the tub will last

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 11:51:18 am »
"Maintenance free skirting" is basically everyone at this point.

Pressure treated wood vs metal vs plastic frame is much ado about nothing:  Virtually everyone has a lifetime warranty on their frame and as a dealer I have *never* had a warranty issue on a frame.  Pointing out the differentiation between frames is mainly salesmanship trying to create a story to separate themselves from the pack.

I don't understand what a neck jet diverter is.

If I were you I'd rework the premise:  You know the size, layout and price already, but you haven't figured out what is in your area (warranty, delivery and service all linked to that) and what is *comfortable* (sitting in and jet pressure).

Make that your first priority.  Consider:  If every person on this thread told you that BRAND X is the best brand out there, and you visited them and sat in their models and none of them felt good or had the jet pressure you liked, would you still buy it?  And if you were told BRAND X is awesome but nobody sells them by you, so you'll have to pay out the nose for delivery and you may not get warranty/service, are you still going to be interested?

Find the brands whos dealer will deliver to you and whos dealer is reputable, the brand's units feel good and has good pressure, and the price is acceptable.  Then at that point is when you start to pare down the units and brands and see what the differences are, etc. 

Does that make sense?  I hope so as I try to cut through the salesmanship and get you looking at the universals of hot tubs and what actually is important.  Good luck moving forward.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 04:58:53 pm »
All hail the Wizard

Metal versus wood versus plastic, I like that one. Plastic truly will last longer than the other 2. I have never put a chunk of each (thin metal and thick pressure treated wood) in the wet grass to see which one lasts longer. But I can guess.
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2016, 06:11:02 pm »
All hail the Wizard

Metal versus wood versus plastic, I like that one. Plastic truly will last longer than the other 2. I have never put a chunk of each (thin metal and thick pressure treated wood) in the wet grass to see which one lasts longer. But I can guess.

It rains inside your hot tub and grass grows in there? :)

grasshopper

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 06:26:53 pm »
Wizard, you are correct and I will narrow down what brands that are near me. I have found a Bullfrog dealer 20 minutes from me and I am meeting with sales rep tomorrow.  They also carry Caldera so I will look at those as well.  I know I may have to increase my budget with these.

Skysurfer2010

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 11:55:08 pm »
Bullfrog x7 might be at the top of your price range or just slightly over, but it's also slightly smaller at 88" x 88". The x8 which is 94 x 94 jumps up in price quite a bit for not really that much more room.

I just got a killer black Friday deal on a Bullfrog x7L. I couldn't justify the jump in price for the x8 personally. I'll be signing papers on Thursday for mine!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:58:21 pm by Skysurfer2010 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 06:35:21 am »

No, and that's why the salesmanship about metal being better is laughable. Houses made from wood last hundreds of years. Houses made with metal last.......well we don't know yet. But if you put an 18-20ga. metal stud in the worst environment possible (wet grass) I bet the treated wood stays around longer. And don't forget you will have to drill several holes in both.
Retired

The Wizard of Spas

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:03 am »

No, and that's why the salesmanship about metal being better is laughable. Houses made from wood last hundreds of years. Houses made with metal last.......well we don't know yet. But if you put an 18-20ga. metal stud in the worst environment possible (wet grass) I bet the treated wood stays around longer. And don't forget you will have to drill several holes in both.

My sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.  XD

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 04:57:22 pm »

My sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.  XD

Either that or my comprehension of your words isn't so good.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2016, 04:57:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42