What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: In Canada Arctic Spa vs. Beachcomber?  (Read 6777 times)

newby

In Canada Arctic Spa vs. Beachcomber?
« on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »
Foam Insulated vs Insulated sides.
Which is the best?
Are either prone to leaks?
Quietness while running?

Hot Tub Forum

In Canada Arctic Spa vs. Beachcomber?
« on: November 21, 2016, 04:30:40 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: In Canada Arctic Spa vs. Beachcomber?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 05:42:11 pm »
Foam Insulated vs Insulated sides.
Which is the best?
Are either prone to leaks?
Quietness while running?

Arctic does perimeter insulation the best I've seen. But fully foamed is also a very efficient way of doing it. Which is better? I think they both have advantages and disadvantages. There are several options if you think fully foam insulated is better. Personally I would put Arctic's insulation skeam against any fully foamed for a close enough comparison. But most tubs with perimeter style insulation lack, well insulation and there for cost more to operate.

Neither are prone to leaks. Leaks can happen regardless of insulation type. But they are very rare on well made tubs like Arctic and Beach.

Fully foamed will be quieter.
Retired

Bigralphy

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:12:08 pm »
I live in saskatchewan and own a beachcomber.  Bought it may 2015 and it has been flawless so far. I have used it when it was -30C last winter and it held the temperature at 103 which is where it was set. 

I looked at arctic and others as well and agree it is a hard choice.  Is one better than the other? Wet test them both and which ever one suits your needs then that is the tub for you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:12:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42