What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog vs. Hot Springs- Memphis area  (Read 4549 times)

chai32

Bullfrog vs. Hot Springs- Memphis area
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:43:03 am »
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and located in the Memphis area. Our options on hot tubs are limited to Bullfrog, Hot Springs, Tropical Seas, Viking. I think that is it. After a lot of research I've narrowed it down to the Bullfrog or the Hot Springs. We are wet testing this weekend. I feel like the prices are pretty high though and was wondering if anyone can give me insight on these deals and any experience you've had with these hot tubs?

I'm debating between the Bullfrog R7 and A7. The R7 is $8,999 and the A7 is $11,999. I'm not sure if the extra jet pack with the A7 is worth the big price difference. We are a family of three but would have company from time to time. Delivery, Chemicals, 5 year warranty, and the hot tub cover is what is included in this price.

The hot springs models are even higher, but I'm a sucker for the looks. I love all the lighting and the waterfall feature. The Vanguard was coming in at $12,499 and the Prodigy model at $9,699. This price includes cover and delivery. 5 year warranty. I'm pretty sure it does not include the salt water system.

I was hoping to spend less than 10k, but I'm struggling on if the extra few grand will be worth it to get the one I want. Do these prices look reasonable? I don't see much on the forums about Hot Springs. Anyone care to share their experience?

Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog vs. Hot Springs- Memphis area
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:43:03 am »

mpkelley20

Re: Bullfrog vs. Hot Springs- Memphis area
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:27:54 pm »
For Hot springs, have you checked out the Pulse?  Similar to the Vanguard but is in their limelight series so no quite as expensive.  Doesn't have the moto massage jets which are hit or miss when people actually try them.  I did not like them.  I think the Pulse pricing starts at $10K but my local dealer was willing to come down to around $8500 during a sale.

Are you close to Jackson, TN?  There is a Marquis dealer near there from what I could find.  That is what I went with after wet testing.  Their top of the line tubs (Signature series) prices more like the HS Limelight series yet has the features of the higher end HS.  They also have their new Vector series which has jets that look a lot like the Bullfrog tubs. 

Can't speak to Bullfrog as I did not look at those during my research but they get awesome reviews here. 

I do agree with you though, the HS tubs are beautiful to look at with all their lighting.  My marquis is nice but HS seems to light their tubs up like a xmas tree.

chai32

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 02:33:21 pm »
Thank you for the information! I live about an hour or so from Jackson, TN. Not sure how much that would tack on for delivery, but it's worth checking out. I haven't seen Marquis, but sounds nice! I am very curious to feel those moto jets. Hopefully I won't like them and won't feel compelled to dish out more money haha!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »
Thank you for the information! I live about an hour or so from Jackson, TN. Not sure how much that would tack on for delivery, but it's worth checking out. I haven't seen Marquis, but sounds nice! I am very curious to feel those moto jets. Hopefully I won't like them and won't feel compelled to dish out more money haha!

Vanguard fits 4 adults (only 3 corner seats though)...moto massage takes up 2 seats so you SHOULD really love that jet if you plan on dropping that cash.  I would at least look at saving the cash and pick from 16 different jet designs that YOU and your family like best and go with the Bullfrog R7, it has 4 true corner seats and also has a "tiered" footwell area so you get more internal space.  I will say you are looking at the 3 best manufacturers on the market in my opinion (Bullfrog, Marquis, Hot Spring) so really I don't think you'll disappointed either way to be honest just make sure you do your due diligence and wet test a couple to make sure! Good Luck!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »

Vanguard fits 4 adults (only 3 corner seats though)...moto massage takes up 2 seats so you SHOULD really love that jet if you plan on dropping that cash.  I would at least look at saving the cash and pick from 16 different jet designs that YOU and your family like best and go with the Bullfrog R7, it has 4 true corner seats and also has a "tiered" footwell area so you get more internal space.  I will say you are looking at the 3 best manufacturers on the market in my opinion (Bullfrog, Marquis, Hot Spring) so really I don't think you'll disappointed either way to be honest just make sure you do your due diligence and wet test a couple to make sure! Good Luck!

For sure wet test comparable models from 2-3 manufactures to find out. 10k is a lot. You can get the perfect tub for you with that or less. Make sure it's right.
Retired

Smack528i

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 10:15:39 pm »
I tested the HS and Jacuzzi and Bullfrog. I ended up BF A7.  I know price is different area to area but if you like the BF best after testing you can get that dealer to sharpen pencil a bit I'd think. Good luck.

Gibs

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 08:12:37 pm »
Love my A7, my price point was lower than that after we were not just kicking tires. That is around the point where my dealer started though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 08:12:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42