What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Iron in water  (Read 2899 times)

FLspa

Iron in water
« on: August 02, 2004, 12:46:35 pm »
Hi. We just ordered our hot tub and it should be delivered in 2 weeks (a Vita Spa Cabaret). I've read all the posts here and on the Ask Dr. Spa BB about water maintenance and initial set-up, which have been very helpful. However, we are on well water and I'm not sure if I need to take additional steps beyond what most folks need. We have alot of iron in our water. We do have a filtration system for the water in the house, so I definitely will fill the tub with water from the house, as opposed to that from the outside faucets (which is directly from the well and doesn't go thru the filtration.)And since we have a filtration system, but not a softener, I think I should be okay. But will the Metal Gone be sufficient or do I need to do something else, like buy one of the filters that you can attach to the end of the hose? I don't want to end up staining the shell or clogging up the plumbing system with the iron. Thanks for any help!

Hot Tub Forum

Iron in water
« on: August 02, 2004, 12:46:35 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Iron in water
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 02:56:30 pm »
Take a water sample to your dealer and have them check it for you.  They should be able to set you up with what you need.  
Brewman
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 02:56:49 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 08:35:24 pm »
Warning! Do NOT iron in water, unless the iron is plugged into a GFI-protected outlet. Even then, it's hard on the iron.

Start with Metal Gon, should be fine.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 08:35:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42