What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: CalSpa 2100 help  (Read 2775 times)

shodges7977

CalSpa 2100 help
« on: October 10, 2016, 04:02:33 pm »
Newbie ... just inherited a CalSpa 2100 tub ... filled it up and turned it on (first time it's been used since fall of 2014 .. and it was drained since that time) ... leaks around the diverter knobs under the tub (dripping onto floor) ... topside display pad does not seem to work ... currently displays "OH" (according to the owners manual, means OVERHEAT) .... this unit DOES have the Cal Zone Quest 2000 Ozonator unit in it, just FYI.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this ... any help with how to stop the leaks around the diverter knobs?  I took them apart on the top side and the gaskets seem to be fine.  Does not leak unless the tub is turned on.  Thanks for any guidance.

Hot Tub Forum

CalSpa 2100 help
« on: October 10, 2016, 04:02:33 pm »

BullFrogSpasMN

Re: CalSpa 2100 help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 07:09:16 pm »
Diverters usually have "rebuild kits" that will typically include the diverter assembly itself, gaskets, topside knobs, etc. for a reasonable price, topside will most likely need replacement, OH could be a flow/temp sensor...Obvisouly you have the manufacturer of the spa so you may have to use the model # and/or serial number to either call locally for these items or search them out online.  Also depending on how old the spa is the ozone probably is past it's life span so that will most likely need replacement as well...might not even make financial sense to put this type of money into an older Cal, again depending on how old we are talking about....good luck

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 07:44:09 pm »
If it has 2100 electronics my guess is the spa is from around 2003.   

The company I work for sold Cal Spas from 2005-2009, but I am not in the service end of it.  Where exactly is it leaking from in the diverter valve?  Is it underneath where the plumbing glues into it?  I have seen a lot of Cal Spas that are approximately 10 years old where a glue joint starts leaking and it's almost as if the glue fails and the two pieces of pvc come apart.  If not there, then either there has to be a bad o-ring or the cap that screws onto the valve is broken/cracked and as soon as the pump turns on and there is pressure it starts to leak. 

As for the "OH", is pump 1 running and pushing water?  If there is not adequate water flow through the heater, the water in the heat boils and gets over the 110 degrees and that is why it will "OH" even if the water in the spa is not warm.  When you say the control panel is bad, can you turn the pumps on and adjust the temperature?  If you can turn the pumps on/off and adjust the temp, probably not a bad control panel.  Electronics were about the most reliable thing on those older Cal Spas.  As BullFrongSpasMN said, the ozone is likely either dead or producing no ozone. 

JacuzziJack

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:40:45 pm »
Heres where you can buy Calspa parts. You can enter in the serial number of your unit and select the parts it needs per your unit:
http://www.quickspaparts.com/

Also, the spa guy (google his site) has lots of diverter and other parts which might be a lot cheaper, or kits you might not be able to get from quickspaparts.

Good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:40:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42