What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who and Where From?  (Read 13521 times)

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
Who and Where From?
« on: July 29, 2004, 01:32:24 pm »
As a total newbie, I have been coming to this site daily for about 2 months. After this time, I have come to recognize the names and flavour of the people who also come here, which got me a little curious - Where are you posting from? This site was terrific in aiding my wife and I in our decision as many posts were invaluable. As a Canadian, I wanted to purchase a product built in Canada for Canadian climates. When reading your posts, I would find it valuable to know where you live and if climate influenced the type of tub you chose.

Thanks in advance!
Jc

How do you know how much you don't know?

Hot Tub Forum

Who and Where From?
« on: July 29, 2004, 01:32:24 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Who and Where From?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 01:45:57 pm »
You will certainly find many more Canadians here. Me, I grew up looking at Canada from my bedroom Window on Lake Erie, now living in Columbus, Ohio.  We don't get as much snow as where I grew up, but colder temps.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 01:51:57 pm »
I'm in Oklahoma.  Cold enough winters (not nearly like you guys in the frozen tundra) and hot enough summers (although, right now it feels more like winter).

I just wanted a tub that felt good when I got in it!  Climate wasn't a major factor.  I did want something to withstand cold temps just in case, though!!!

Good luck in your search!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 02:05:24 pm »
South suburbs of Minneapolis, MN.  

Brewman
Brewman

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 02:09:37 pm »
Ventura, Caleefornia
(About half way between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, right on the coast).

Weather is 70 dgrees F year 'round. If it gets above 74 people start talking about the 'heat wave,' and we fear for the older folks.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 02:16:03 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Snuggles

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 02:11:07 pm »
South Shore, Long Island New York. The weather here runs to both extremes up to 100 F. with 100 humidity in the summer, and down as low as 0 F. in the winter.  

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 02:16:28 pm »
living in Tundra. Good one Lori. lol!

In Ottawa, where we get all four seasons. summer 39C or 102F expected this weekend right through to -30C or -29F not counting the windchill during January winter.  I put my tub right outside my igloo! lol!

Climate did not influence what type of tub. I quickly found out that the most reputable brands are all within the same parameters when it comes to withstanding our varying climate. But I must admit that I do feel good about my decision knowing that our tub will perform quite nicely during our coldest period in winter. Now if only I can convince myself to make the 6' dash into the tub from the house.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 02:18:12 pm by doodoo »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 02:36:04 pm »
We Live on the beautiful West Coast of Canada,

Vancouver, British Columbia in a suburb of Coquitlam.

Vancouver is hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics, hope YOU can make it.   1 800 HELLO BC

We own a Beachomber, (Very energy efficient) which is made here in Surrey B.C. another suburb of Vancouver.

Regards Zz
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 01:22:07 am by ZzTop »

OnMedic

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 03:10:37 pm »
I am in Kitchener, ON. The Canadian Tech Triangle and home of largest Oktoberfest outside Munich Germany!

Winters here certainly aren't what they used to be, but this past winter was the worst in recent number of years. I know that most manufacturers make tubs to fit all climates, not just the local climate where the factory is located. That said, I would agree that those located in Canada may spend the extra R&D time on the cold climate. I know you will get many suggestions from people here to look at all types of brands, and most of the National Brands are great choices and will all cost relatively close to each other to run in the winter.

If you would like to focus on Canadian, check out Beachcomber. They have a great newletter/newpaper to read outlining the philosophy and build of thier tubs.

PROST!

OnMedic
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 11:12:00 pm by OnMedic »

wetone

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 03:39:13 pm »
 :)Newbie here as well, in London, Ontario.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 04:05:56 pm »
:)Newbie here as well, in London, Ontario.

Kitchner and London, Ont, I first discovered you guys on the CB radio back in the late 70's. We use to sit on top of hills on the south shore and talk over your way.

Funny thing was it was technically illegal (for us anyway) to talk to Canada over the CB.  Later when I started working at CompuServe email outside the nation was also not legal, that sure has changed!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 04:20:23 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

zzaphod42

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 05:51:14 pm »
Kingston, Ontario here. Canada's ORIGINAL capital...now known for it's prisons and hospitals. :)

newtubguy

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 10:46:13 pm »
 Salt Lake City, Utah we enjoy all four seasons

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 11:09:32 pm »
The oil capitol of Canada! That why we only pay $0.80 /litre for gas here in Edmonton!  ???  ;D

It maybe the frozen tundra but I've been sweat'n my a$$ off for the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't give up the seasons for anything. Sorry Chas.    ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 11:10:48 pm by Steve »

TALKCalgary.com

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 12:42:20 am »
Grew up on the Isle of Man. Now living in Calgary Alberta.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 12:42:20 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42