What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Aria vs. Marquis Reward  (Read 9004 times)

Wombat1134

Hot Springs Aria vs. Marquis Reward
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:51:29 pm »
First time hot tub buyer here. I have browsed some earlier posts and it seems like there are a ton of educated hot tub owners here so I'm hoping I can get some help. My wife wants a lounger and after stopping at several dealers today I think I have narrowed it down to two tubs, the Hot Springs Aria and the Marquis Reward. My questions are what is a reasonable price on each tub and being a first time buyer who is kind of overwhelmed with all the stats and what exactly they mean, what are the real tangible differences between the tubs. I feel more confident in the Hot Springs dealer than I do the Marquis dealer based on online reviews and first impressions before reading the online reviews. I was quoted $9,200 for the Marquis Reward including cover, lifter, steps, chemicals and delivery before tax. I have not yet got a quote on the Aria from the Hot Springs dealer. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Aria vs. Marquis Reward
« on: October 04, 2016, 07:51:29 pm »

39lasalle

Re: Hot Springs Aria vs. Marquis Reward
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 08:56:18 pm »
We originally were looking at the hot springs Flair,dealer was asking $8400, they had the Aria in the showroom to test and was quoted $11,000 but did not negotiate as it was out of budget and did not like the lounger in that or the Flair(wife's head was under water).  Obviously went a different route as the dealer pissed me off.

Best bet is to take a day or three and set up some wet testing. We wound up going the BullFrog route which never considerd .

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 09:39:17 pm »
Really good price on the Reward.  Does that include constellation lights?

Both brands are top tier and both models you are looking at are in the premium line from each.  I sell Marquis so I do have a bias.  You need to wet test each because that will tell you more than I or anyone else can. 

The areas where I think Marquis excels in compared to Hot Springs will be therapy and fit and finish.  The Reward is going to have more jets (58 compared to 35), both dual speed pumps compared to one, and HOT Zone Therapy.  I also think the cabinet is of better quality and the durabase seals the bottom up nicely.  Open the equipment door and the Marquis is more cleanly setup.

Ultimately, you cannot really go wrong with either.  If after a wet test, you are still undecided, then I would choose based on level of confidence in the dealer and price.

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 10:37:23 pm »
You're looking at 2 of the best brands on the market.

$9200 is a really good price on the Reward, it would typically sell for $11,500-12,000 in most showrooms.

Here are a few things that I think make the Reward a slightly better spa.

-Fully-sealed plastic bottom on Marquis vs wood framed/hard foam in contact with the ground on base of the HotSpring

-Heavier duty DuraWood synthetic exterior on the Marquis, which is more like Trex decking material. It doesn't fade or warp over time, whereas a lot of other synthetic will start to show wear after years in the elements.

-Thicker fiberglass-backed shell on Marquis vs thinner ABS-backed shell on HotSpring

-Higher jet count, plus stronger HK40 and geyser foot jets on the Marquis

-More gallons filtered per day, adjustable filtration, and automatic clean up cycle on Marquis.

-Nicer fit-and-finish in certain areas on the Marquis. For instance, compare the equipment area of the 2 brands and you will see a big difference.

-Heavier duty cover on the Marquis

-Warranties are nearly identical, slightly longer shell structure warranty on Marquis

-Plumbing problems are pretty rare these days, but the Marquis uses a soft Icynene foam vs a hard foam which makes repairs much easier should they ever have to be done. Also, each side of the Marquis can come off with 6 screws, the skirting on the HotSpring is a lot harder to remove.

-Typically less expensive components to repair on the Marquis if you are to ever need to repair something outside of warranty.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 11:28:52 pm »
What the two above post just completely ignored in favor of bashing Hot Springs was reviews and experience first hand. 

Your initial experience could be a fluke, as their a new/inexperienced employees out there.  But online reviews are fairly indicative of what type of service you will get after the sale.

I would encourage you to wet test, as that will tell you which one really suits you best, followed by the importance of service after the sale.

I will say, I hardly think fit and finish is lacking on Hot Spring like it looks here from two Marquis dealers.  I think you will find most Hot Spring owners out there don't ever think about that HK40 or a higher jet count.  Or that they wished that their spa shell was backed by fiberglass instead of ABS. 

Honestly, when you get either the Reward or the Aria in your backyard, you won't care about any of that minor sales crap. 

castletonia

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 07:42:58 am »
I respect your opinion, but neither of us were bashing Hot Springs, only pointing out where we feel Marquis is superior.  HK40 jets are to Marquis what the Moto Massage is to Hot Springs.  I wouldn't expect a Hot Springs owner to care about HK40 jets in the same way I wouldn't expect a Marquis owner to care about the Moto Massage.  I also never said fit and finish was poor on Hot Springs, only that I think Marquis was better.  If I am spending $10k on something, I am comparing all aspects and if all else is deemed equal, then the small things will factor in to my decision.

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 02:09:06 pm »
I'm not going to sling mud around here and state why I think Marquis is inferior.  We get enough of that political garbage in the real world.

I guess my problem with the posts were pointing out how superior Marquis is to HSS with no facts, it's all subjective.  I cannot tell you that the Aria is better than the Reward in terms of therapy... you know why?  Because that's subjective.  Same thing with Markee's post, like stating the cover is better, based on what?  Your perception from afar?

At the end of the day, if the Marquis was truly vastly superior, they would sell a lot more spas and have a lot longer warranty, but they don't. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 04:41:27 pm »
Wow this seems kinda familiar....LOL BF and everyone else.

I think both these brands have the best reputations out there. Both built well enough to last how long they are supposed to last, 15-20 years or more. A few dealers may have their preference and it dam sure isn't going to not be the one they sell. But what it comes down to is which feels better to the potential buyer.

I to have my preference between these two and it means diddly. The OP's preference is what matters.

To the OP here is why I prefer the Marquis. The HK jets are awesome. They use big, efficient, powerful pumps to push water through them. Marquis has a great reputation for reliability and longevity. And they hit a lot of my sweet spots. HS is overpriced. But HS is more energy efficient. And likely the most energy efficient out there. And they have a great reputation for reliability and longevity. I found the jet feel a bit weak on most of their models. But that does not mean you will feel the same way. Subjective.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 09:37:07 pm »
I think Marlee was stating his opinion on the matter. As a Marquis and Watkins dealer I think both tubs have their merit. Either way you can't go wrong as you are looking at two of the best manufacturers and two of the top of the line tubs from each line. There is things that both companies do extremely well and things I wish they each did better. I think the jet action is superior in the marquis But that's how i feel. I would let the wet test guide you on your choice. I will say $9200 on a reward is a great price especially with all the extras. Now is a good time to buy because prices are rising at the end of the month as new wholesale price lists were sent out this week. Whichever way you go you will be happy. I own the Marquis Resort in my backyard and love it

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 11:44:15 am »
Both are great companies with great reputations...I'm not in the Sales end of things anymore but can tell you that I love my Marquis! Dealing with both companies on service, the Marquis seems to be easier to get parts and much more user friendly for consumers.

HotSpring has great tech and dealer support as well as customer service to the consumer however, over the long haul my guess would be that the Marquis parts are easier to get and probably less expensive. I'm much more familiar on current Marquis repair then I am on current HotSpring repairs as HotSpring really doesn't play well with independent techs and I know the Marquis guys well. I'm also not a fan of the Circ pump system for my spa, if you can do it without then why add another system!

I really don't think you can go wrong with either, at this point I would go with the dealer that makes feel the most comfortable, has longevity and you feel you can work well with over time. 

scoobywagon02

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 12:11:28 pm »
If you want the overall best ownership experience possible then hot springs is going to give it to you. Make sure the dealer is reputable and experienced. Based on the two spas you are comparing i thing it is no brainier in my opinion.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 12:15:05 pm »
If you want the overall best ownership experience possible then hot springs is going to give it to you. Make sure the dealer is reputable and experienced. Based on the two spas you are comparing i thing it is no brainier in my opinion.

going to depend on what margin the hot spring dealer is selling an Aria for....local dealer in MN is about 12-13k for an Aria, so if his dealer is similar in pricing than I don't believe it to be a no brainer

scoobywagon02

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 12:40:11 pm »
About 12-13k includes what? There are so many factors that determine price. What steps, what lifter, delivery difficulty, financing options? A lot comes into play there would need specifics to confirm whether it was a high price. That price is still way below MSRP. Wonder if the Marquis is a 2015 or demo for that pricing.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2016, 01:16:29 pm »
About 12-13k includes what? There are so many factors that determine price. What steps, what lifter, delivery difficulty, financing options? A lot comes into play there would need specifics to confirm whether it was a high price. That price is still way below MSRP. Wonder if the Marquis is a 2015 or demo for that pricing.

I sold the brand for 5 years before coming over to Bullfrog so I understand, but it was plastic step, cover cradle, delivery, basic water-care kit....they used to price in ACE with every spa but I'm not sure if that is still the case, After about a year of ACE info. being absent on the front page of Hot Springs website I see it is back now, I assume they've made some updates and have more faith in the system at this point?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 01:24:50 pm »

That statement right there tells me you know absolutely nothing about marquis spas. Purchase the one that you like, the one that fits you best from the dealer that you feel the best about. Both are very nice tubs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2016, 01:24:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42