What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Maintenance  (Read 3121 times)

brandy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Maintenance
« on: July 31, 2004, 01:08:17 pm »
I'm a new spa owner with ozonator.  My dealer says all I need to do to keep it clean and sanitized is use my spa frog in filter and add chlorine free shock. Is this enough for results?  Thank you!

Hot Tub Forum

Maintenance
« on: July 31, 2004, 01:08:17 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 02:51:08 pm »
Absolutely not! Your dealer has insructed you on how to keep the water safe so that you dont sick or infected. Your water balance (ph, alkalinity, calcium hardness) is critical to the longevity of the spa surfaces and equipment not to mention bather comfort. You may want to test for other metals in the water which you would like to remove such as copper, iron, maganese etc. I hate it when I hear about dealers telling people all they to is add chlorine/bromine or nothing at all because the ozone is so good, RUBBISH. They are telling you what you want to hear so that you sign.
Homeworks Financing Representative

brandy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 03:20:23 pm »
Thank you Hot Tub man for info.  I'm using test strips for monopersulfate, pH and Total Alkalinity.  If they read OK do I have to add anything else?

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 03:23:42 pm »
No, you should be good. If you live in a rural area, have some one test for metals. If there are metals, use a stain & scale inhibitor.
Homeworks Financing Representative

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 09:31:10 pm »
Just want to mention that for me, those Leisure Time strips are very unreliable.  I test w/strips and ph looks high, alk will look very low (like 40ish) and chlorine is nil.  But using a drop test kit, my alk is 120, pH is 7.4/5 and chlorine is 0.5-1.  You may want to spend a few bucks on a test kit to be sure you are maintaining your chemistry.  I got one at Walmart for $15.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 09:31:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42