What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: softub  (Read 10876 times)

STARFISH

softub
« on: July 26, 2004, 05:53:45 pm »
I'm new here....... hello!  I'm about to close the deal on a 6' Softub.  I'm renting a patio home, therefore. it must be portable. and easy to manage.  Any experiences out there?

Hot Tub Forum

softub
« on: July 26, 2004, 05:53:45 pm »

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: softub
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 06:56:19 pm »
Hi Starfish, We don't get a lot of Softub people on this board but I would tell you I have personally sold Softub for just under 10 years and my company for going on 18.
We also sell hard tubs but the Softub is what we started with and a product we still love. It's no frills, simple and efficient. Perfect for all kinds of environments. I think you'll really enjoy it. Where do you live?

STARFISH

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 04:03:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply about Softub.  I think I will be pleased.  I'm just concerned about weekly maintenance and troubleshooting.  I live in the central valley of California.  It gets so hot here during the summer, but fairly pleasant the remainder of the year.  I work 12 hours, 3-4 times/week, all on my feet.  I would love to have a personal masseur but I think the Softub would be much more affordable, and less complicated.

During your sale of the Softub, what was the number one problem/concern of your purchasers.

After reading the forum postings, I now realize I'm in an arena not necessarily suited for my hot tub concerns....... sorry for the bother, but thanks for taking the time to read, and in your case, replying to my concern.......    8)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 07:48:27 pm »
I sold Softubs for several years, a long time ago. The number one failure was the liner. It just didn't seem to want to go longer than about two or three years without wrinkling up and about three or four years without needing to be replaced.

The second common problem was thermostat. But check with the dealer, they may have gone to a digital control system finally.

I also had huge problems with the factory, but they were less than five years old when I was selling them - they HAVE to have improved in this respect.

Just a note: Any "portable spa" is portable. If you got yourself an RX or SX Solana, for example, you could very easily move it with a furniture dolly and a couple of friends. They are 'plug and play,' and can be taken from house to house for many many years to come.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 02:06:15 pm »
Chas is right that the liners can be a problem, however, the wrinkling usually stems from poor water chemistry(typically low PH or the use of soft water) both of these will cause problems with any spa components.The liners are also replaceable if you have a problem. The thermostat problems are a thing of the past and they are now using digital contols. All Softubs have CD ozone now as well. I do agree that the TX and RX are good alternatives, not quite as easy to move but much more so than a Vista LOL. The TX is one of my best selling tubs, perfect for the South Fla condo crowd.The Softub does have a little better warranty than the Solana however. Like a said previously the Softub serves a certain niche and is a good spa for condos, boats, balconies, summer homes, etc.

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 12:20:56 am »
Yeah, as long as we're doing show and tell...

I've always prefered hard shell vs soft liner as well. The ruggedness of high impact plastic or arcylic. Other ultra portable 120v entry level spas include Freeflow, Xspadition, and Tuff Spas (pictured below)...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 12:20:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42