What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for open-concept, quality spa for small space  (Read 8496 times)

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Looking for open-concept, quality spa for small space
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 10:28:37 pm »
Check out a Marquis 435 with the 2 pump option. Should be able to stay in budget and it's a comfortable tub for 4 people

That tub looks really good! I love the "love seat" for cuddling, plus the Adirondack chair with leg jets. And it leaves us 19" clearance to get to the hose/stairs. I'm going to go hunt down a marquis dealer!

The website doesn't say anything about a two-pump option... Can you tell me more?

(And on an unrelated note - my posts seem to take forever to be moderated compared to the amount of discussion happening on this thread. Is that because I'm new?)

Edit: Ha! This one posted without any wait at all! :)

It comes standard with 1 pump which is probably fine if it's just you and one other person in it. It has a diverter that can control jet pressure to the seats of your desire. The 2 pump option has no diverter and its one of the most powerful tubs I've ever been in. Each pump is 2 speed so if you want more or less massage it's easily controllable. You get a ton of bang for your buck with that model. I prefer that too the mirage which I find a little weak jet wise

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2016, 10:28:37 pm »

SpaInThe6ix

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 10:45:56 pm »

It comes standard with 1 pump which is probably fine if it's just you and one other person in it. It has a diverter that can control jet pressure to the seats of your desire. The 2 pump option has no diverter and its one of the most powerful tubs I've ever been in. Each pump is 2 speed so if you want more or less massage it's easily controllable. You get a ton of bang for your buck with that model. I prefer that too the mirage which I find a little weak jet wise

Thanks for the clarification. My husband isn't a fan of jets, whereas I love them. With the diverter, can I send all the power to the seat I'm in, and leave him with no jets? That might be a great feature for us!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 11:02:29 pm »

Thanks for the clarification. My husband isn't a fan of jets, whereas I love them. With the diverter, can I send all the power to the seat I'm in, and leave him with no jets? That might be a great feature for us!

Yes you can plus each jet in that tub is able to be turned off manually by spinning the jets

cindyleigh

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:49 pm »

This one appeals to me as well!  I was just looking at the Mirage but now I'm adding this one to the list.

I like that it has an app to control the settings in case we forget and leave it on.

Kacb86

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 01:05:33 pm »
We've been looking at the 435 for a few months, and wet tested about a week and half ago. From what I understand the app is definitely extra, not sure how much extra since we weren't interested in that feature. The one pump system was kinda weak. It's around 500/600 to upgrade to the 2 pumps from what we were told and I would say it's worth it.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 02:09:59 pm »
Check out the R6 from Bullfrog, very open for a smaller spa: http://www.bullfrogspas.com/spas/r-series-hot-tubs/

Bullfrog utilizes JetPak technology giving you 17 different massage types to choose from (since you mentioned you love good jets) here is a brief 16 minute consumer video giving you the cliff notes on the brand itself, definitely worth a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

Good Luck!

SpaInThe6ix

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2016, 03:47:46 pm »
Check out the R6 from Bullfrog, very open for a smaller spa: http://www.bullfrogspas.com/spas/r-series-hot-tubs/

Bullfrog utilizes JetPak technology giving you 17 different massage types to choose from (since you mentioned you love good jets) here is a brief 16 minute consumer video giving you the cliff notes on the brand itself, definitely worth a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

Good Luck!

That does look good! And it fits in the space! Time to find a nicer Bullfrog dealer now! Thanks!! :)

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2016, 04:34:26 pm »

Good Luck!

That does look good! And it fits in the space! Time to find a nicer Bullfrog dealer now! Thanks!! :)

I also forgot to mention I used to sell Freeflow as well, I WOULD NOT buy one without feeling the jets for yourself...I used to sell them as a "soaking tub w/ light to medium jet pressure" otherwise people would be disappointed because they had higher expectations even though they are on the lower end of the price scale....Good Luck!

SpaInThe6ix

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2016, 04:55:39 pm »

Good Luck!

I also forgot to mention I used to sell Freeflow as well, I WOULD NOT buy one without feeling the jets for yourself...I used to sell them as a "soaking tub w/ light to medium jet pressure" otherwise people would be disappointed because they had higher expectations even though they are on the lower end of the price scale....Good Luck!

Thanks for the feedback about the Freeflow. The more I look into things, the more I realize that if I'm going to make the big investment in a hot tub, I'd rather spend a little more and get something I'm really going to enjoy for a long time.

cindyleigh

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 10:46:04 pm »
Today we visited the local Marquis and Hot Springs dealer. 

First stop was Marquis.  They had 3 tubs in the showroom - one large one which we "wet tested", and two dry - including the Spirit, which we "dry tested".  We fit in the Spirit just fine and can easily envision another two persons in there with us.  Yes, a tight fit - but doable. But when we saw the dealer price sheet we realized that the larger Mirage was only an additional $300.  For the extra size and comfort, over the lifespan of the spa, it would easily be worth the additional $300.  That said, my husband hasn't seen the Mirage in person so we need to go back to another dealer that has one on the floor to check it out side-by-side the Spirit.  Of the two Mirage dealers I've visited, they only have the Signature line on the floor so no chance to see they 435.  What really impressed us was the dealer and their pricing.  Very straight forward ....everything written down to the penny with all options priced out.

Then we went to the local Hot Springs dealer.  It was not a great experience.  The Jetsetter was too small and the next sized model in the line was too big.  The pricing was confusing ...he kept throwing numbers at us and didn't really make a lot of sense.  He quoted us two different prices for the same cover. 

So, I think we will definitely go with the local Marquis dealer.  Most likely the Mirage.  I'll window shop for another few weeks, though.  Its a lot of money and I need to do my homework.

Thank you so much for all of the information! 

SpaInThe6ix

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 09:32:37 am »
Hi! OP here! :)

An update on how our shopping is going:

We visited our local Marquis dealer, sat in a dry 435, a dry Mirage, and wet-tested a larger tub (Epic?) which had similar seats to the Mirage. The 435 felt tight for my husband, and the "loveseat" wasn't as comfy for two as I had imagined. The Mirage was on special, and felt a lot more comfortable dry. However, when we wet-tested, I floated right out of the lounger. Plus, the chair with the most jets, I had to choose whether I wanted upper back, lower back, or legs. I couldn't run all the jets in that seat at the same time, even with the other seats off.

Yesterday we talked with another Jacuzzi dealer, and came across an interesting tub, the J-LX. It's fairly open, definitely more modern-looking than most tubs, and will (just barely) fit in our space. It's normally way out of our budget, but the dealer has a used one that has come in from the Jacuzzi For Life program where they replace your tub every three years. This one is a 2012 model. They told me that new, the price is $17,999 CAD, and are offering the used one for $7999 CAD (around $6150 USD.) We're off to the showroom today to look at it in person and wet-test a tub with similar jets.

Does this seem like a good deal? There are two years remaining on the warranty. To me, it seems like a great way to get more tub than I would otherwise be able to afford. Any potential pitfalls I should be aware of?

Thanks!! :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:34:19 am by SpaInThe6ix »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2016, 09:32:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42