What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New install--Can I fill before electical??  (Read 13531 times)

new owner

New install--Can I fill before electical??
« on: July 27, 2004, 12:21:32 pm »
Hello. Yesterday we took delivery on our new Sweetwater Cayman. Our electrician friend (licensed and experienced, but new to hot tub install) is coming over this evening to do hookup (he already ran the 220 to the area).

Our friend says go ahead and fill it up today before he gets here, so we can test pumps right away and get it going. The manual lists the steps as 1. electrical hookup and 2. Water fill. The Sweetwater folks I called said the same.

Any advice? Should I just be patient and fill after electrical is done? Or does it really not matter?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

New install--Can I fill before electical??
« on: July 27, 2004, 12:21:32 pm »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: New install--Can I fill before electical??
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:25:24 pm »
First, please understand, I am only an owner, not a dealer and not an expert.

When my tub was delivered, I thought everything was good to go.  My tub was nearly filled when we found out the electric wasn't quite right.  Anyway, long story short, my tub was filled with water for 3 days before the electrician could come back out.  It was fine.  I figure if mine waited 3 days, a few hours for you should be ok.

Maybe one of the experienced guys or gals can tell you for sure!!!

Enjoy!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 12:35:44 pm »
Congrats on your new spa! Go ahead and fill if your sure your electrician will make it. Like Lori pointed out their may be other things that may prohibit the start up.
If that happens your water should be O.K. for a day or two. Just remember once the waters in, the tub isn't moving for any last minute tweaking. Be sure it's where you want it and the electrician can get to the area needed.
Hopefully you'll be soaking by late tonight or tomarrow!
Spahappy

new owner

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 01:22:49 pm »
Thanks for the advice. We're having bad weather (t-storms) here today so the electical could in fact be delayed. Maybe I wil fill halfway. I don't want to end up draining it--we're on a somewhat shallow well although we've had record rainfall here in the Maryland, I don't want to push my luck!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 04:26:29 pm »
Go ahead and fill, if too much time passes (however long that would be) you can always drain.  You can hook up electrical first as well, but be sure not to power up the spa unless you have water in it.  Running on empty could damage your heater and pumps.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 04:26:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42