What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Purchase Thoughts/opinions - How Important Is Dealer?  (Read 2741 times)

glenpod

New Purchase Thoughts/opinions - How Important Is Dealer?
« on: July 19, 2016, 02:59:39 pm »
Hi all, I am getting close to pull the trigger on my my 1st hot tub,  I have it narrowed down and thought I'd seek opinions/advice if possible. 

It is between the Hot Springs Rhythm, Caldera Vanto and the Sundance Edison.  I am pretty sure the Rhythm is out at this point because it is pretty much identical to the Vanto but has no cup holders.  I like the case of the Rhythm a little better than the Vanto but not enough to do without cup holders being that is only real difference.  I saw the Edison today and it seems similar to the Vanto/Rhythm but has more cup holders and a similar case to the Vanto.  So all things being equal I would lean towards the Edison.

This is where the issue lies, the Sundance dealer near me does not have the best reviews online - they are a pool company so many of the complaints are around that but there are some regarding lack of service for a hot tub.  The Vanto/Rhythm is a different dealer (they carry both lines) and their reviews are really, really good and there are many of them! 

All 3 tubs are within the same price range and I can probably negotiate them to be exact when time to buy.  So my question:, is the Edison a better tub or that much better than the Vanto that it is worth risking dealing with dealer that may not provide good service?  I know it sounds like an obvious answer but I am not sure what type/frequency I'll need the dealer in the future (as this is my 1st tub).

Thanks and the Rhythm not including cup holders is a major miss IMO and Vanto only has like 2??? 
Thanks again
Glen 

Hot Tub Forum

New Purchase Thoughts/opinions - How Important Is Dealer?
« on: July 19, 2016, 02:59:39 pm »

d00nut

Re: New Purchase Thoughts/opinions - How Important Is Dealer?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:42:41 pm »
The only reason why you should risk something with a "poor" dealer, is to get a better price.  Prices being equal-ish... why would you want to even risk putting yourself in a situation where you cannot get service?

All of the spas you mentioned are copied off each other.  The Rhythm came first (made by Watkins,) then the Vanto (made by Watkins,) then the Edison a few years later.  All similar in quality and feel being as they copy each others designs.

We primarily deal with the Hot Spots (Rhythm version) which doesn't have dedicated cup holders like most of the Hot Springs, they just have a flat bar top so you can put 20 more cups then anything with cup holders.  Hot Springs high-end line, the Highlife, doesn't have cup holders either, but again just more flat spaces. 

I guess it's what is important, but I just wanted you to know that you can fit far more cups on that than one with dedicated cup holders.

Either way, I'm sure that dealer doesn't care if you get the Vanto or Rhythm!  ;)

glenpod

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »
Thank you for the reply, I just wanted to confirm that the Edison wasn't much superior than Vanto/Rhythm which it doesn't seem the case.  Looks like Vanto is our way to go as it has some cup holders.  Cocktails and a soak is like 1 to me :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 07:34:40 pm »
One has cup holders and is from a dealer that has very good reviews while the other has extra cup holders but is from a dealer you're unsure of due to poor reviews. If I were to draw up a list of wants/needs when looking for a hot tub, confidence in the dealer would be FAR higher on the list than extra cup holders.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »
They make tables that attach to the tub that can work as cup holders. Any of those tubs with step and lift should be under 7k. The vanto also has the spa frog installed for easier chemical use. Other then that and the cup holders it's identical to the rhythm I believe

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42