What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowing down the choices  (Read 38075 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Narrowing down the choices
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2016, 09:46:09 pm »
So reviews of the most recent tests.

The caldera niagara had great foot jets and rather powerful jets however i felt the jets were not precise snd felt a little sloppy. Lots of force but since they werent precise it didnt hit my back the way i hoped.

The bullfrog was a very nice tub. Surprised me how strong the jets were considering the technology behind it.
The individual knobs for power were a nice touch too. No diverter knobs to move the water. Foot jets were very weak however which was a downer.

Did you try using the individual knobs for power (diverters) to send more flow the the foot jets?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2016, 09:46:09 pm »

MikeK157

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2016, 08:12:31 am »

The caldera niagara had great foot jets and rather powerful jets however i felt the jets were not precise snd felt a little sloppy. Lots of force but since they werent precise it didnt hit my back the way i hoped.

The bullfrog was a very nice tub. Surprised me how strong the jets were considering the technology behind it.
The individual knobs for power were a nice touch too. No diverter knobs to move the water. Foot jets were very weak however which was a downer.

Did you try using the individual knobs for power (diverters) to send more flow the the foot jets?

Yes i tried turning off the jet packs but the foot jets were still very weak. The other jet packs had more force when i turned off a few jet packs which was nice

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2016, 08:57:10 pm »

Yes i tried turning off the jet packs but the foot jets were still very weak. The other jet packs had more force when i turned off a few jet packs which was nice

Yea the water has to go somewhere. Funny they don't divert it to the foot jets.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2016, 10:08:20 pm »

Yea the water has to go somewhere. Funny they don't divert it to the foot jets.

Come on tman we've been told their are no diverters in those tubs lol.......That's he biggest negative to those tubs I hear about. Leg and foot jets are weak or non existent

dporter22

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2016, 10:36:24 pm »
The hip, wrist, calf, and foot jets on the Bullfrog A7 and A8 are all very strong even with all the jetpaks on full power.  If you like them strong you just have to make sure they are fully open since each one is individually controllable by rotating right or left. 

Most dealers demonstrate the jetpak controls but don't bother to get in the tub and make sure all the individual hip, wrist, calf, and foot jets are fully open before customers test them.

MikeK157

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2016, 07:48:49 am »
The hip, wrist, calf, and foot jets on the Bullfrog A7 and A8 are all very strong even with all the jetpaks on full power.  If you like them strong you just have to make sure they are fully open since each one is individually controllable by rotating right or left. 

Most dealers demonstrate the jetpak controls but don't bother to get in the tub and make sure all the individual hip, wrist, calf, and foot jets are fully open before customers test them.

If this is the case its a shame the dealer didnt let us know. It literally had next to no pressure.

tmaestas95

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2016, 01:14:43 pm »
If this is the case its a shame the dealer didnt let us know. It literally had next to no pressure.

Yeah either the pump was on low speed or those jets were closed - I just bought the R8 and all the built in jets are plenty strong when the pumps are running on high and everything is full open.  I've found that running the pumps on low however is pretty much useless for anything other than circulating the water.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2016, 06:05:54 pm »

Your expectations are different from the owners that chimed in saying it's fine for them. Still doesn't mean it's fine for you. They are assuming the dealer didn't have the jets turned up.
Retired

MikeK157

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2016, 06:41:07 pm »
Will be wet testing the Artesian spa tommorow. I have tried everything else so why not this.

Sales guy was very confident he will get my business. Asked me which tubs were my favorite so far and

once i told him he said oh no problem our tubs have more lights better power and will beat those hands

down.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2016, 07:37:34 pm »
Well lights mean nothing but Artesian makes a fine tub. And they do have good power. Skip the bells and whistles, salesmanship and so called technology no matter what the brand. Get one that "feels good" and has a good reputation. Do your own evaluation of quality and customer service.
Retired

MikeK157

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2016, 07:58:51 pm »
Well lights mean nothing but Artesian makes a fine tub. And they do have good power. Skip the bells and whistles, salesmanship and so called technology no matter what the brand. Get one that "feels good" and has a good reputation. Do your own evaluation of quality and customer service.

Thats exactly is. Ive seen so many tubs and sales men that i can see through the fluff.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2016, 10:30:20 pm »

Thats exactly is. Ive seen so many tubs and sales men that i can see through the fluff.

What are your favorite 2 or 3 so far?  What was your take on the vector 94 versus the optima?

MikeK157

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2016, 06:33:55 am »

What are your favorite 2 or 3 so far?  What was your take on the vector 94 versus the optima?

Ide rank them optima vector then bullfrog

Loved the power on the optima and jet placement. Price is high however. Vector we liked the microsilk and the seats were very comfortable. No floating. Also loved the geyser foot massage

Im 32 so for me power is important. I work on my feet all day so a tub without power or footjets wont do.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:41:08 am by MikeK157 »

simonsez1

« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2016, 01:42:40 pm »
Hey Mike, I’ve been following your hot tub purchasing journey closely as I am also in the market for one and the tubs you singled out are all on my list.

Also, I live in Burlington and it sounds like you’ve visited some of the same stores I have.  I’ve been to 5 shops so far but haven’t had the time to wet test anything and the problem is that my wife (who is the one that really wants a hot tub!) is reluctant to wet test as she thinks that it will be awkward and embarrassing.  Do wet tests take place after hours?

Anyways, so far I like the Sundance Optima and Chelsea as well as the Marquis Vector. I’d be curious to know what kind of quotes you’re getting on those models. We also went to Pioneer pools and they sell both Hot Springs and Caldera but when we got there, the staff advised me that their sales guy was on vacation but someone would be available this weekend. They literally had about 15 hot tubs on display and not one person (they had about 4 people on the floor selling pools and patio furniture) was able to answer any of my questions.....not a great way do business if you ask me, at this point I'm not sure if I will even go back.

Finally I visited the Arctic Spa dealer but once again their regular spa guru wasn't around but the lady was able to answer some of my questions, didn't get a good vibe about Arctic. My search continues, I do want to visit Bullfrog as well, where did you go? And lastly, which Marquis dealer did you visit as well?  Are we allowed to mention dealer names?

Anyways, I look forward to your updates and what you decide on buying.

Thanks.

dporter22

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2016, 11:26:02 pm »

Correction:  The foot and calf jets are adjustable but the wrist and hip jets are not.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2016, 11:26:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42