What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help in purchasing a Hot tub  (Read 3528 times)

amahbig

Help in purchasing a Hot tub
« on: July 12, 2016, 12:22:04 pm »
I am new to the hot tub scene and would like sone input on which brand to by.  I am looking at two different brand.  First is the Evergreen series by Clearwater Spas.  The other is the island spa by Artesian Spas.  Each are relatively comparable in price.  I have noticed the Artesian is very customizable as far as options.  I am wondering which is the better band and was hoping to get some opinions on as to why.

Feedback is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Hot Tub Forum

Help in purchasing a Hot tub
« on: July 12, 2016, 12:22:04 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Help in purchasing a Hot tub
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 05:59:27 pm »
I am an Artesian Spas dealer so I'll only speak to about that specific product line. 

Island has a vast variety of ways their units come, but if you can afford it, the ELITE line from Island is the best value.  Elite units have DIRECTFLO- The only system that I know of that has variable speed motors.  Its pretty neat to be able to turn down the output vs just only being able to adjust the air (Or in certain cases, have a high and low speed on the first pump).  Additionally, the elite lines have a full 5 year warranty on both parts and labor (no pro-ration).  And all Island units have switchless motors, which have 10-15 less working parts.

I find these features to be tangible.  The rest is really just preference.  As noted elsewhere on this site, how the tub physically feels and who the dealer is are the two biggest things you're looking for.  If the dealer is reputable, has had the tub line for a while and will provide service for the brand, that is a good sign.  And your own personal physical comfort is paramount.   

I haven't dealt with Clearwater Spas personally but I am sure there is someone else who will be able to assist you with that brand.  If you have any additional questions regarding Artesian Spas I'll be happy to assist.

Good luck moving forward.

JacuzziJack

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 12:17:03 am »
Some things to consider (which are personal preference) are:
 - Seating position - chair-like vs lounger, etc. Some people like the lounger because after a while some people get tired of being neck-deep in hot water and want a higher semi-submerged position. Reclined seating usually results in overweight people tending to float in those seats vs a more upright seating angle.
- Number of jets - Some people like more, others less.
- Foot massager - again, personal preference but a lot of owners like them.
- Thermal integrity - some spas are extremely well insulated so if you are in a cold climate, and even if you aren't, it'll you'll experience less heat loss and therefore a lower cost of ownership. I personally don't know either of these hot tubs intimately, so i can't speak about the insulating value, maybe others or you dealers can demonstrate.

Sam

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:04:59 pm »
I can definitively tell you that Artesian blows away Clearwater in quality, reliability, and customer service.  Do not buy the Clearwater.  They used to build a decent hot tub but the company has really gone down the tubes over the last 5 years or so. 

I have extensive experience with both.  I personally feel that Artesian can go toe to toe with the any other spa in the same price category.  They have some really cool features in their Island and Platinum Elite lines.  In my experience, their propure water management system works fantastically.  Their jets are great and powerful.  They have one of the strongest shells available.  After 20 years in the industry, I can say that if I left today and were buying a spa tomorrow, Artesian would absolutely be in the discussion.  They may not have the brand recognition of a hot spring or jacuzzi, but I think they in the same class as them, if not even a better value price wise.

I wouldn't let anyone I know buy a Clearwater.  Maybe if they can get back to their quality from back in the day, but currently......no way.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:08:10 pm by Sam »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 03:37:49 pm »
  I agree with your sentiment on Artesian, a very under-rated spa IMO.   I just had one of their reps in yesterday that I have know since the Victorville days.   He set us up with Artesian in 2000 then jumped ship to Jacuzzi which we brought on in 2002.  We then let Artesian go, he ended up going back to Artesian and has been there ever since.   He is now trying to get back in the door with their Tropic seas line.   Might be a decent low price series, but looks very nice. 

Sam

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 03:24:19 pm »
Yeah, their Tropic Seas look like Island without some of the cool features.  I haven't seen pricing but I imagine they'd be a good price-point spa.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 03:24:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42