What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jet not sealing correctly  (Read 5338 times)

Jostudly

Jet not sealing correctly
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:04:56 pm »
I removed my jets to clean them and noticed on one of the foot jets in my lounger does not go back flush with the tub. The pipe that is glued into the tub sticks out a bit so the jet sits on a angle. My tub is still under warranty but not sure how much easy of a fix it is or of it should be resealed? Anyone else see this before? Just don't want it to leak down the road.

Hot Tub Forum

Jet not sealing correctly
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:04:56 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jet not sealing correctly
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 02:22:07 pm »
 Some jets have a little sq tab on the back that has to line up with the groove on jet back itself (the part secured to the tub)

Jostudly

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:47:47 pm »
Mine just push in and turn. Its the plastic pipe that the jet goes into thats not flush with the tub.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 03:56:07 pm »
 Sorry miss-read it.     Yes it would be a PIA to remedy, but honestly I wouldn't worry about it!   

Jostudly

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 04:33:50 pm »
It seems glued solid so would have to break it off from the inside and re glue the pipe. Do you think this might damage the acylic side possibly? As long as it does not leak water inside the tub I guess it should be okay. The jet itself just screws off easier then the others since it is on a angle to the tub.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 06:22:20 pm »
 There is a gasket between what you would call the jet back or body and the acrylic, you can probably see it.  Then there is a jet back nut and (nut leveler maybe) that you don't see under the acrylic that is tightened down "supposedly" to a certain torque, it and the water and air line that run to it should be covered in foam if it's a full foam spa?

Pretty much what it looks like.   

http://www.spadepot.com/Waterway-Jumbo-Jet-Body-Assembly-P6218C694.aspx

Jostudly

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:26 pm »
It is a hydropool 5000 tub. Are there any tubs that have the jet body glued in or are they all bolted on? I do not have foam insulation so hopefully mine is accessible and that i don't have to drain the tub to fix this since i just did a fresh refill.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 08:30:23 pm »
 None are really glued in that I know of, silicone if anything, and yes you would have to drain it. Were talking take the jet body apart and out.  It's probably the angle and the way the acrylic and fiberglass backing is, might fix it might not. They most likely didn't sand it down properly where the jet body hit's the back side of the shell so it's uneven.   

I don't want to sound demeaning but it's a hydropool.   It's not a Jacuzzi, Sundance or Hot springs or any other of the few "top brands" where they put a lot of care and precision in what they do when building a spa.        I would let it be and you will most likely be fine.  I know you spent good money on it,  but it is what it is.  You can call the dealer and he might come out and take a look, but to me it would be a none issue. And I am not just saying it because, of what you have.  It will be fine!     Either way what kind of warranty did you get on the plumbing?

Jostudly

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:22:38 am »
I got 3 yrs on the plumbing and 10 yrs on the shell

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 11:55:00 am »
If this tub isn't leaking due to this issue I would leave it alone, you may be opening a can of worms and Hydropool may not cover any of it under warranty since it's technically not broken or leaking...next time the tub is empty could you get some pictures of the jet in question?

Jostudly

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 11:58:30 am »
I could get pics. A tech is going to come and look at it. Tub is not leaking so may leave it and see what he says.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 11:58:54 am »
If this tub isn't leaking due to this issue I would leave it alone, you may be opening a can of worms and Hydropool may not cover any of it under warranty since it's technically not broken or leaking...next time the tub is empty could you get some pictures of the jet in question?

At least with them coming out to look at it you'll have some documentation on this but otherwise ditto on what BFSMin says, including a pic.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:13:29 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jostudly

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 02:26:45 pm »
Dealer is not going to fix it since it is not leaking. Hopefully it won't leak in the future.

Time Machine Hot Tubs

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 04:00:33 pm »
Hi Jo,

I received your message and tried to reply but I think I have to have a certain number of posts before I can.  Once I'm through with the spam filter phase, I will send you a reply :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »
Hi Jo,

I received your message and tried to reply but I think I have to have a certain number of posts before I can.  Once I'm through with the spam filter phase, I will send you a reply :)

You are too new and not yet qualified to use the messaging option! ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42