What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seeking Recommendations  (Read 2137 times)

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
Seeking Recommendations
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »
Greetings! Well the spouse and I are in the hot tub market once again. Nearly 12 years ago we purchased an Artesian Island Spa, Antigua 46 model and we have been very pleased with it for the time we have had it. Unfortunately it is showing some age and we are starting to put several dollars into repairs and don't want to continue down that road. I haven't kept up with the latest models and brand names so I'm asking for some help and recommendations here. Our budget is probably $6,000 delivered at a maximum. We don't need a lot of bells and whistles but a recliner is necessary and a soothing waterfall for the shoulders would be great. Other than that we don't have any "must haves". We will wet test as we did previously but before we go looking I wanted to ask for some help on this board to help us focus in on some tubs that might best suit us. I should add that we usually don't have anyone else in the tub with us as I can probably count on one hand the number of times friends or family have joined us so usually it is just the 2 of us. Lastly because of space limitations the maximum size tub is probably 7' x 7' that we can handle.

Thanks so much in advance for your help and suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated. 

Hot Tub Forum

Seeking Recommendations
« on: June 17, 2016, 02:08:52 pm »

The Wizard of Spas

Re: Seeking Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:22:28 pm »
You already know what you want and don't want, as you're a long time spa owner.  Get out and sit in some tubs dry and check out what is in your market.  Comfort is always key.  This forum can provide suggestions but if a brand is not available in your market than its irrelevant.  Note the dealer and if they are reputable.  Once you've got it narrowed down to a small handful of tubs then reach out again.

sldillon

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:31 am »
You will be shocked at the prices.  I dont think you can get an Artesian Island series for 6,000 and would have to go third tier on all of the major brands like Hot Springs, Sundance and Bullfrog to get in that price range.

I just bought an Artesian SouthSeas series 748L its 7' by 7' and nice quality with 48 jets.  I paid about 5,500 for it around 6,000 after tax. I highly recommend it if your looking in that price range.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 09:10:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42