What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Advice on new tub PLEASE  (Read 5516 times)

HOTTUBBER1234

Advice on new tub PLEASE
« on: June 13, 2016, 02:19:32 pm »
Hello all,
I'm looking to buy a new tub.  I have a limited amount of space to put it in.  I'm been searching this forum for weeks gathering info, but I guess I'm looking for some specific advice.  Any help is appreciated:
I've narrowed my search to three spas.  The Bullfrog A5L, it was really my first choice until the Hot springs dealer told me the Bullfrog is a lousy tub.  My neighbor has one and loves it though...   My local dealer quoted me $6300 plus delivery.  My next local dealer quoted me $9,000!  What's the real story behind Bullfrog? Are that that much poorer quality than the HS? and is $6300 a good price or should I negotiate further? 
My second choice is the HS Jetsetter, This tub is a LOT more money than the bullfrog, is it worth it? Also does anyone own this tub that can offer what a good negotiated price should be?
My third choice would be a Sundance Capri 880, I don't have a price on this spa, but I'm guessing its in the middle.
And my fourth choice was a Nordic spa Stella, its very inexpensive, but I figured there must be a reason why so I eliminated it from contention.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  I want to spend as little as possible but quality is important. 

Hot Tub Forum

Advice on new tub PLEASE
« on: June 13, 2016, 02:19:32 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Advice on new tub PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:37:41 pm »
Hello all,
I'm looking to buy a new tub.  I have a limited amount of space to put it in.  I'm been searching this forum for weeks gathering info, but I guess I'm looking for some specific advice.  Any help is appreciated:
I've narrowed my search to three spas.  The Bullfrog A5L, it was really my first choice until the Hot springs dealer told me the Bullfrog is a lousy tub.  My neighbor has one and loves it though...   My local dealer quoted me $6300 plus delivery.  My next local dealer quoted me $9,000!  What's the real story behind Bullfrog? Are that that much poorer quality than the HS? and is $6300 a good price or should I negotiate further? 
My second choice is the HS Jetsetter, This tub is a LOT more money than the bullfrog, is it worth it? Also does anyone own this tub that can offer what a good negotiated price should be?
My third choice would be a Sundance Capri 880, I don't have a price on this spa, but I'm guessing its in the middle.
And my fourth choice was a Nordic spa Stella, its very inexpensive, but I figured there must be a reason why so I eliminated it from contention.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  I want to spend as little as possible but quality is important. 

You need to set your budget first.

Then ignore any dealer who talks trash about other brands rather than selling their brand. All three of your choices are good brands and yes the Nordic will be less but it is designed for less options and lower quality/warranty. But Nordic is a good value none the less. Again, set your budget/expectations first while your looking for a quality dealer. Sitting in tubs wet is also a good way to see what you like/want.
Retired

HOTTUBBER1234

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:15:27 pm »
I would like to spend around $5,000.  If I had to spend more, and I found it in my best interest to do so I'd spend $7,000.  The bullfrog really fits well within my budget, I guess I'm really trying to figure out if its worth it to spend a few thousand more for a Hot Springs.     

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:17:03 pm »
I would like to spend around $5,000.  If I had to spend more, and I found it in my best interest to do so I'd spend $7,000.  The bullfrog really fits well within my budget, I guess I'm really trying to figure out if its worth it to spend a few thousand more for a Hot Springs.   

For a 5k budget I wouldn't be looking at an A Series from Bullfrog, an 880 series from Sundance, nor the Highlife collection from Hot Springs,,,,those are all top end collections and will not fit a 5k budget...look into Nordic, a more basic good spa that can be had for 5k, the 'Retreat' is a great little spa from Nordic imo

edit: if you can push the budget, check out the R5L from Bullfrog, awesome little tub
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:18:42 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

HOTTUBBER1234

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 03:05:47 pm »
I'm willing to spend $7,000, the bullfrog I like (the A5l) is $6375 plus delivery from a local dealer.  That's well within my budget, and I really like it,  although I wouldn't mind spending less.  I see you may be a Bullfrog dealer, what makes the Bullfrog of poorer quality than the hot springs? Do they have better components? Better frames or shell construction? Better pumps , jets? What makes it better than the Nordic?.  Money is not my primary concern, Although I don't want to spend a dollar more than I have to.  I use this analogy; Toyota builds a nice car, for $25,000 you can a buy a decent reliable Camry.  For $40,000 you can get a Lexus 350 that's way better than the Camry.  For $90,000 you can buy a Lexus 460. Its better than the 350, but it's overkill , you don't need to spend $50,000 more, for the $40,00 you've got a premium car in the 350.  I want to buy a nice tub, without paying too much money for not enough return.  And I've done tons of research, but it really gets confusing sometimes.  Thanks for any advice you can offer.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 03:08:13 pm »
 An A5L for 6375.00 is a ridiculously low price. 

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 03:37:03 pm »
I'm willing to spend $7,000, the bullfrog I like (the A5l) is $6375 plus delivery from a local dealer.  That's well within my budget, and I really like it,  although I wouldn't mind spending less.  I see you may be a Bullfrog dealer, what makes the Bullfrog of poorer quality than the hot springs? Do they have better components? Better frames or shell construction? Better pumps , jets? What makes it better than the Nordic?.  Money is not my primary concern, Although I don't want to spend a dollar more than I have to.  I use this analogy; Toyota builds a nice car, for $25,000 you can a buy a decent reliable Camry.  For $40,000 you can get a Lexus 350 that's way better than the Camry.  For $90,000 you can buy a Lexus 460. Its better than the 350, but it's overkill , you don't need to spend $50,000 more, for the $40,00 you've got a premium car in the 350.  I want to buy a nice tub, without paying too much money for not enough return.  And I've done tons of research, but it really gets confusing sometimes.  Thanks for any advice you can offer.   

Bullfrog and Hot Spring are both considered premium brands, I sold Hot Springs for 5 years...the Highlife collection is comprised of some very nice tubs that will utilize high quality parts and come backed by a solid warranty (you still need to make sure you buy from a reputable dealer)  Bullfrog is also considered a premium brand that utilizes quality parts and backed by a solid warranty as well, its just they utilize a patented 'JetPak System' that nobody else on the market uses which has many benefits including being able to choose (for the A5L) 3 JetPaks that YOU like best instead of being stuck with what the manufacturer is offering, they are also Made in USA (Highlife collection from Hot Springs also made in USA..Limelight and Hot Spot are made in Mexico)

With all that said you are looking at 2 premium models from 2 premium brands so in my opinion you should make your judgement based on: Competency of the local dealer and as most on here will agree that a wet test can be very important when selecting the spa that is most comfortable and therapeutic for you and any other users of the spa.

Here is a copy of the most recent Bullfrog Consumer video which shows/explains the benefits of the Bullfrog Spas product line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

As far as $6,400 for an A5L I will just say you may want to make sure it is in fact the A5L they are quoting...that price is so low its not even in the same ballpark for what we sell them for...if one of my sales guys sold an A5L for that price they would literally be writing a check BACK to the company instead of collecting a commission and I'm not joking

HOTTUBBER1234

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:53 pm »
Bullfrog SpasMN:
Very helpful information, thank you!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 06:50:07 pm »

Bullfrog and Hot Spring are both considered premium brands, I sold Hot Springs for 5 years...the Highlife collection is comprised of some very nice tubs that will utilize high quality parts and come backed by a solid warranty (you still need to make sure you buy from a reputable dealer)  Bullfrog is also considered a premium brand that utilizes quality parts and backed by a solid warranty as well, its just they utilize a patented 'JetPak System' that nobody else on the market uses which has many benefits including being able to choose (for the A5L) 3 JetPaks that YOU like best instead of being stuck with what the manufacturer is offering, they are also Made in USA (Highlife collection from Hot Springs also made in USA..Limelight and Hot Spot are made in Mexico)

With all that said you are looking at 2 premium models from 2 premium brands so in my opinion you should make your judgement based on: Competency of the local dealer and as most on here will agree that a wet test can be very important when selecting the spa that is most comfortable and therapeutic for you and any other users of the spa.

Here is a copy of the most recent Bullfrog Consumer video which shows/explains the benefits of the Bullfrog Spas product line: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SjHrqYZSYY

As far as $6,400 for an A5L I will just say you may want to make sure it is in fact the A5L they are quoting...that price is so low its not even in the same ballpark for what we sell them for...if one of my sales guys sold an A5L for that price they would literally be writing a check BACK to the company instead of collecting a commission and I'm not joking

No doubt buddy!    It's a,   YOU SOLD IT FOR WHAT PRICE?     ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 08:15:25 pm »
It's also possible the dealer had some extra tubs and was selling for cost because he bought a truck load and wanted to buy another quickly. Maybe they are simply selling that good? Or it's not the right model?

Either way while the HS dealer sounds like a d*** I would wet test something up against any brand I was considering just to be sure the comfort is right. Give it back to the HS dealer, ask him what he has to compete at that price. And tell him to forget about telling you why the other is junk. Why is yours better.

Retired

HOTTUBBER1234

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 04:26:10 pm »
Went to the bullfrog dealer today.  6375 is a real price.  3 weeks delivery on a custom order, their in stock units were all sold. Equipped With 220v, ozonator, cover, lifter, and stairs.  Plus $300 to deliver it. 

Talked to the next closest hs dealer.  $7400 (delivery included ) for the jet setter with the same options.  Not the n x t model.  There is only $700 difference between the 2 tubs.  Which to me makes no difference.   Neither dealer had water in theirs.   Guess it's time to find the one I like.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:45:00 pm by HOTTUBBER1234 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 04:26:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42