What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New buyer need help!! Master spas  (Read 10716 times)

Raceguy388

New buyer need help!! Master spas
« on: June 01, 2016, 10:01:30 pm »
Hello everyone,
My wife and I put a deposit on a master spas healthy living over the weekend. I'm now terrified with all the negativity I've researched about master spas. My question is how are the hot tubs themselves?? I know people are not fond of there sales, but you never really hear about the tubs. Thanks for the input!!

Hot Tub Forum

New buyer need help!! Master spas
« on: June 01, 2016, 10:01:30 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New buyer need help!! Master spas
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 12:24:55 am »
 How much are you spending on it, and who's going to service it?   Is it from an actual dealer or a spa show?   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 06:31:34 am »
The tubs are mediocre.
Retired

Raceguy388

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 06:43:46 am »
It's from a show but we have a dealer with two locations local in the area! We're paying $8100 tax,top,steps,delivery,start up kit.

Raceguy388

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 06:57:12 am »
I forgot to mention its there 8 foot tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:21:07 am »
That show is here in Columbus this weekend, I was thinking of going and checking it out again, its been a couple of years.   The the OP, does Master have a dealer who is local to you and have been with them more than a year or two?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Raceguy388

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:03 am »
The location has been open for a while and they are opening a second location as well.

mjb

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 10:00:24 am »
Just because there is a local dealer nearby, doesn't necessarily mean that they will service your spa.  Unless they are part of the sale, they may not be bound to work on the spa.
I would suggest that you talk to the local dealer to see if can and will be able to assist you
should the need for service arise.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 11:15:24 am »
Just because there is a local dealer nearby, doesn't necessarily mean that they will service your spa.  Unless they are part of the sale, they may not be bound to work on the spa.
I would suggest that you talk to the local dealer to see if can and will be able to assist you

very true...our local Master Spa dealer here has 9 reviews on Yelp with a 1 star rating, it's incredible because almost all of the reviews are paragraph upon paragraph from customers who simply are not being helped in any capacity on warranty/parts/anything....I would avoid Master Spas at all costs

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 11:22:58 am »

The simplest answer would be to cancel since its a Master spa and bought from their traveling roadshow scam (of course if you did try to cancel they would probably tell you that you can't and maybe say something like that they already built the spa or some other canned excuse ... because that's how they work) but I agree that at a minimum you would be wise to visit that dealer and find out if he is going to be interested in servicing something that someone else sold and profited from. The profit from spas is in the sale of the spa, NOT in warranty service and warranty service is something you certainly may need on that spa at some point(s).

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 12:47:41 pm »
Yeah, just because there is a dealer near by, that does not mean they will help you.  The road show guys will tell you that but when you call them they say they won't fix your hot tub because you didn't buy it from them.  I wouldn't either.  Those show sales guys are super shady and will lie through their teeth about anything and everything. 

Did they tell you it was a chemical free spa?  We get that one a lot.  People will come to our store for help when they have a bacterial infection.  You ask them how they treat their water and they say they don't use chemicals because their spa doesn't need them.  it has a special filter, which is obviously b.s. and why they have the infection.

Additionally, Master spas are terribly inefficient and of mediocre quality.  They have the cheapest looking / feeling cabinet in the industry.  Their jets are pretty week unless you get their top of the line.  Honestly, there are about 10 other brands I would easily pick over them.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »
Yeah, just because there is a dealer near by, that does not mean they will help you.  The road show guys will tell you that but when you call them they say they won't fix your hot tub because you didn't buy it from them.  I wouldn't either.  Those show sales guys are super shady and will lie through their teeth about anything and everything. 

Did they tell you it was a chemical free spa?  We get that one a lot.  People will come to our store for help when they have a bacterial infection. You ask them how they treat their water and they say they don't use chemicals because their spa doesn't need them.  it has a special filter, which is obviously b.s. and why they have the infection.

Additionally, Master spas are terribly inefficient and of mediocre quality.  They have the cheapest looking / feeling cabinet in the industry.  Their jets are pretty week unless you get their top of the line.  Honestly, there are about 10 other brands I would easily pick over them.

the bolded part is a very common tactic in this market...I've heard 3 different customers over the past couple years say "we bought a Master Spa and it has silver coated filters so they told me no sanitizer was required when I bought it" All they do is give the rest of the industry a black eye for those of us that bust a$$ to earn a living and keep customers happy.....I wish them and their crap product would go away

Sam

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 03:00:51 pm »

Did they tell you it was a chemical free spa?  We get that one a lot.  People will come to our store for help when they have a bacterial infection. You ask them how they treat their water and they say they don't use chemicals because their spa doesn't need them.  it has a special filter, which is obviously b.s. and why they have the infection.

the bolded part is a very common tactic in this market...I've heard 3 different customers over the past couple years say "we bought a Master Spa and it has silver coated filters so they told me no sanitizer was required when I bought it" All they do is give the rest of the industry a black eye for those of us that bust a$$ to earn a living and keep customers happy.....I wish them and their crap product would go away

Totally agree.  We clean up their messes at least a dozen or so times per year.  We see a wake of customers that have no clue how to take care of their hot tub and come to us completely frustrated.  We have a great reputation and work really hard to provide good customer service and these guys come to town 4 times per year lying their way into sales that should have gone to a local store.  It's annoying as hell.

The ones that we don't see probably end up with a bad taste in their mouth and think our whole industry is a scam.  They (master road show guys) tell people their hot tubs only cost $10 a month in energy here in the rocky mountains  :-[  They are so poorly insulted they end up costing people closer to $100 here, which gives them the impression that we all lie about efficiency.  It really does give our industry a black eye.  Those of thus that do business the right way lose out to scammers. 

Oh well.  I guess every industry probably has a "master spas" to deal with.  Shady people are everywhere.

mjb

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2016, 07:35:53 pm »
That show is here in Columbus this weekend, I was thinking of going and checking it out again, its been a couple of years.   The the OP, does Master have a dealer who is local to you and have been with them more than a year or two?

Maybe I'll run into you at the "show" Bill.  I have not been to one in a while. 
Can't wait.  I'll wear my boots  :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 07:49:34 pm »

Totally agree.  We clean up their messes at least a dozen or so times per year.  We see a wake of customers that have no clue how to take care of their hot tub and come to us completely frustrated.  We have a great reputation and work really hard to provide good customer service and these guys come to town 4 times per year lying their way into sales that should have gone to a local store.  It's annoying as hell.

The ones that we don't see probably end up with a bad taste in their mouth and think our whole industry is a scam.  They (master road show guys) tell people their hot tubs only cost $10 a month in energy here in the rocky mountains  :-[  They are so poorly insulted they end up costing people closer to $100 here, which gives them the impression that we all lie about efficiency.  It really does give our industry a black eye.  Those of thus that do business the right way lose out to scammers. 

Oh well.  I guess every industry probably has a "master spas" to deal with.  Shady people are everywhere.

Tell us what you really mean.......LOL
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2016, 07:49:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42