What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Aspen or Maxuus  (Read 3025 times)

spabob

Sundance Aspen or Maxuus
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:32:34 pm »
I'm purchasing a Sundance Aspen and want to order a 2 fold cover and Covermate 3 cover lifter.  I want to build a spa enclosure before I have the spa delivered.  My question for those who may have this setup is how much clearance from spa to wall do I need for the cover in the open position?   If you could, post pictures and measurements.  Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Aspen or Maxuus
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:32:34 pm »

mjb

Re: Sundance Aspen or Maxuus
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 11:17:09 am »
Probably a minimum of 8-10".  However, you may want more space for routine cleaning and for service access if ever needed.  The one thing to make sure of is that you have a minimum of 102" height for fully opening the cover.  Hope this helps.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 04:13:02 pm »
Check with your dealer/salesman...they might not even recommend that type of lifter due to the size of the cover...I know when I was selling Hot Spring they had a 'Gleam' model that was 7'7" x 9'2" and the "uprite/covermate III" was a big no-no on that spa due to the cover size

mjb

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 07:09:01 pm »
We use a specialized Cover Mate III that fits Maxxus / Aspen perfectly
it has brackets that wrap around the corners.
So it's pretty stout.

spabob

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I just gave them my money!  2016 Sundance Aspen, Platinum shell, Mahogany cabinet,  Sunstrong cover, Covermate 3 lifter. $13,000  I told them I want it for Father's Day.  I will post pics and my measurements once it delivered.  Keep the suggestions coming!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 12:35:14 pm »
Why not have the spa delivered and then build the enclosure? That is what we normally recommend.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 12:35:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42