What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Expo  (Read 3296 times)

halo1

Spa Expo
« on: July 24, 2004, 10:33:15 am »
Anyone know or hear of a spa expo in the PA/Allentown area. I caught a radio commercial at the very end which mentioned one.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Expo
« on: July 24, 2004, 10:33:15 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Spa Expo
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 11:06:52 am »
I have heard nothing of it...but since I am in California....I guess I would not....but if it is mentioning that Master spas will be there....I will bet it is nothing more the the "Great Master Lie".....they promote ".Spa Expos" and advertise that many different manufactures will be there and you go to the show only to find out that is basically all Master spas and their lines with only a non competitive lower end soft tub maker being the only other manufacture there....I find it disgraceful and deceitful that they market like this...It is to bad because they might build a decent spa but the lowered depths to which they go to sell it is a shame.....

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 12:29:21 pm »
Mendocino,
You make some pretty strong accusations about Master Spas, Inc.  Are you sure these are manufacturer events and not just some distributor sponsored function?  You should make sure of your facts when slinging this type of s**t.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 12:43:01 pm »
Its not surprising a dealer/manufacturer would market their product like this- as  matter of fact,  an RV dealer in our area does a similar promotion with their motorhomes.

They will usually advertize in concurrently with a Sport, Boat and RV show and post signs indicating "RV SHOW THIS WAY" that direct people to their sales lot and away from the fairgrounds where the real function is.

Such dubious trickery may be effective with a certain type of prospect, but I'd think that once the prospect realized the slight of hand theyd be a little turned off.

Ultimately, I think there are much smarter techniques to pull in qualifiable prospects- Techniques that build trust rather than betray it.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 01:08:50 pm »
Master just pulled that same crap here in Indiana. Advertized in tv as a spa show with an 800 number. Call the number and you get a Master factory rep, who by the way doesn't identify himself as such on the phone. I probed the guy for about 15 minutes before I got to the truth. His comment was, it's our show, it would be stupid for us to bring in our competition. I just laughed and hung up. I think the number was 1-800-spa-show.

I have heard nothing of it...but since I am in California....I guess I would not....but if it is mentioning that Master spas will be there....I will bet it is nothing more the the "Great Master Lie".....they promote ".Spa Expos" and advertise that many different manufactures will be there and you go to the show only to find out that is basically all Master spas and their lines with only a non competitive lower end soft tub maker being the only other manufacture there....I find it disgraceful and deceitful that they market like this...It is to bad because they might build a decent spa but the lowered depths to which they go to sell it is a shame.....

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 01:08:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42