What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D-1 Latitude, Bullfrog R7L  (Read 15376 times)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: D-1 Latitude, Bullfrog R7L
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 07:07:41 pm »
I am pretty confident that you would be fine with the bullfrog,

I'm not, a crappy dealer can make any tub crappy.

Hey grumpy, you should quote the whole post.   Sure dealers can screw up any sale, but not answering the phone or returning an email I would give a little grace until I found out a little more about them.  And yes I am confident he would be fine with the product after seeing how Bullfrog "the company" takes care of dealers and would handle a stranded customer.  Same can be said with Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance.   

You should switch cereal brands, because the p-ss and Wheaties isn't working. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:23:58 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 07:07:41 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 09:08:35 pm »

Hey grumpy, you should quote the whole post.   Sure dealers can screw up any sale, but not answering the phone or returning an email I would give a little grace until I found out a little more about them.  And yes I am confident he would be fine with the product after seeing how Bullfrog "the company" takes care of dealers and would handle a stranded customer.  Same can be said with Hot Springs, Jacuzzi and Sundance.   

I only speak the truth. Sometimes it hurts. The OP doesn't care about HS, Jacuzzi or Sundance. Should be an easy choice if one dealer is responsive and the other isn't.
Retired

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2016, 10:31:03 pm »
Update:

Really strange day... We were pretty sure we had picked out a concrete/patio cover guy but my father really wanted us to get a bid from the guy doing his yard so we had him out today for a bid. He mentioned he does a lot of the concrete work for a pool company in the area (the one that also sells Bullfrog and hasn't been answering the phone or my email). I told him that they were unresponsive and he seemed shocked. He said the owner is out of the country on vacation and that they recently moved locations (their website does list a new address but we've been calling the phone number on the website - maybe it hasn't been updated). He gave us a cell phone number for the business. We called and they quoted us $7500 for the R7L with everything the same as the other bullfrog dealer but also included was a circ pump and "upgraded" jetpacks... whatever that means. We've got an appointment next weekend to drive down and see if we can hammer out a deal. It seems like a really significant discount from the other bullfrog dealer so we want to make sure it's all in writing what exactly that price includes but it seems like apples to apples + the circ pump and whatever upgraded jetpacks means. This also brings the Bullfrog in as the lowest cost of the 2 we were considering.

I hadn't had a good opportunity to rank the possible jetpacks because my kid was having a meltdown during the previous wet test so we had to leave before I had a chance to rank them. I plan to bring the swimsuit to this dealer on Saturday and rank the jetpacks. If anyone has some favorites, let me know.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 11:29:43 pm »
Update:

Really strange day... We were pretty sure we had picked out a concrete/patio cover guy but my father really wanted us to get a bid from the guy doing his yard so we had him out today for a bid. He mentioned he does a lot of the concrete work for a pool company in the area (the one that also sells Bullfrog and hasn't been answering the phone or my email). I told him that they were unresponsive and he seemed shocked. He said the owner is out of the country on vacation and that they recently moved locations (their website does list a new address but we've been calling the phone number on the website - maybe it hasn't been updated). He gave us a cell phone number for the business. We called and they quoted us $7500 for the R7L with everything the same as the other bullfrog dealer but also included was a circ pump and "upgraded" jetpacks... whatever that means. We've got an appointment next weekend to drive down and see if we can hammer out a deal. It seems like a really significant discount from the other bullfrog dealer so we want to make sure it's all in writing what exactly that price includes but it seems like apples to apples + the circ pump and whatever upgraded jetpacks means. This also brings the Bullfrog in as the lowest cost of the 2 we were considering.

I hadn't had a good opportunity to rank the possible jetpacks because my kid was having a meltdown during the previous wet test so we had to leave before I had a chance to rank them. I plan to bring the swimsuit to this dealer on Saturday and rank the jetpacks. If anyone has some favorites, let me know.

Oscillator, Wellness, Deep Relief, Pulsator, NeckMasseuse are all pretty awesome in my opinion..oh and there is a new one this year called the 'Versa' that may not appear in all product literature yet because it's brand new but I have been selling a lot of that particular JetPak as well to start the year

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 11:38:20 pm »

I only speak the truth. Sometimes it hurts. The OP doesn't care about HS, Jacuzzi or Sundance. Should be an easy choice if one dealer is responsive and the other isn't.

Sometimes there is a reason for things.   Instead of trying a different cereal, try decaf   ;) 

To original poster what BFSM said.  All worth a try!

Compatico

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 11:49:05 pm »
Update:
Really strange day... We were pretty sure we had picked out a concrete/patio cover guy but my father really wanted us to get a bid from the guy doing his yard so we had him out today for a bid. He mentioned he does a lot of the concrete work for a pool company in the area (the one that also sells Bullfrog and hasn't been answering the phone or my email). I told him that they were unresponsive and he seemed shocked. He said the owner is out of the country on vacation and that they recently moved locations (their website does list a new address but we've been calling the phone number on the website - maybe it hasn't been updated). He gave us a cell phone number for the business. We called and they quoted us $7500 for the R7L with everything the same as the other bullfrog dealer but also included was a circ pump
Sounds like it's a just a bad timing thing...owner is away, new location, etc. It shouldn't happen, but it does.
and "upgraded" jetpacks... whatever that means.
The R series has black jetpaks by default. If you want colour matching jetpaks and stainless steel accents, it's an upgrade. And it's an upgrade you probably want as matching looks a lot nicer than basic black, in my opinion.

KDFrosty

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2016, 12:06:25 pm »
We wet tested 12 different jet packs and settled on Neck Blaster, Oscillator, and Deep Relief.  It's just a matter of testing bc everyone will like a different pack in a different position in the tub.  I'm personally not a fan of the Neck Blaster jet pack, but my wife loves it.  With the Neck Blaster it's key to keep the downward facing neck jets above the water line to even feel them on your neck, and keep in mind that the water line will rise with more bathers in the tub.  I did not get to test the aforementioned new jet pack, Versa.

Racenut

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 02:22:59 pm »
The R series has black jetpaks by default. If you want colour matching jetpaks and stainless steel accents, it's an upgrade. And it's an upgrade you probably want as matching looks a lot nicer than basic black, in my opinion.

Also, the Neck Blaster and and Neck Masseuse are not available in the black, so if you get those, you have to do the colored packs.  The black ones are ABS and I guess they don't have molds or ABS doesn't form well in the more complex shape of those.

We elected to get Platinum jetpacks in our Sapphire Blue tub, I think it looks kinda "sporty" lol  But of course it's all up to you. 

And I'll put in for the Gyrosage jetpack as my favorite.  Also the Neck Masseuse over the Neck Blaster.. the masseuse has stronger neck and shoulder jets, just not as many, due to fewer back jets that use all the juice.  They are nice and I thought it would be my favorite, but that gyrosage is just great.  I tried the Oscillator and it was OK, but preferred the gyrosage and my wife didn't like the oscillator because it was a bit too wide and she felt like it was just blasting at her sides.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 05:05:56 pm »

Also, the Neck Blaster and and Neck Masseuse are not available in the black, so if you get those, you have to do the colored packs.  The black ones are ABS and I guess they don't have molds or ABS doesn't form well in the more complex shape of those.

We elected to get Platinum jetpacks in our Sapphire Blue tub, I think it looks kinda "sporty" lol  But of course it's all up to you. 

And I'll put in for the Gyrosage jetpack as my favorite.  Also the Neck Masseuse over the Neck Blaster.. the masseuse has stronger neck and shoulder jets, just not as many, due to fewer back jets that use all the juice.  They are nice and I thought it would be my favorite, but that gyrosage is just great.  I tried the Oscillator and it was OK, but preferred the gyrosage and my wife didn't like the oscillator because it was a bit too wide and she felt like it was just blasting at her sides.

yes, the Gyro is a another good one...NeckMasseuse, Oscillator, Deep Relief, Gyro, Versa, Wellness, Pulsator, and if you prefer a soothing type of pressure (water only, no air) the Rainshower...all 8 of those are probably our best selling JetPaks in no particular order.

Now we price all of our R Series tubs with 'Acrylic Matching' JetPaks (some dealers do, some don't be sure to ask) as noted above if you wanna save a couple bucks and/or just prefer the black color just remember neither the NeckMasseuse or NeckBlaster are available in black
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:08:14 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 07:04:43 pm »
How much does a jet pac cost if you want to buy one?
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2016, 10:26:07 pm »
How much does a jet pac cost if you want to buy one?

We sell them for 300 bucks.  Cool thing with the Bullfrog spas is and I understand you may have a hard time grasping this.  But we can actually send the customer home with a jet pac they want to try and see if they like it or not before they buy.  What a concept!  8) 

We also as a company offer a 30 day guarantee, if you don't like the pac you picked we will swap it out for one you do.  Limited of course.    We also offer a 100% satisfaction 90 day guarantee if you are absolutely not happy with your spa we will make it right, remove it and order something in that works for you or your get the money back. It's happened once maybe twice since we started doing that. 

We do it as well on all our hearth products, furnace and ductless systems. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 06:47:48 am »

Cool thing with the Bullfrog spas is and I understand you may have a hard time grasping this.  But we can actually send the customer home with a jet pac they want to try and see if they like it or not before they buy.  What a concept!  8) 

So your just being what all dealers should be and a lot are. Except the condescending part. Do all your customers get that also?
Retired

GrayBeardCA

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2016, 05:43:59 pm »
Purchased the Bullfrog R7L today. Wasn't really looking for a lounger when I started looking but ended up really enjoying this one.

We went with Pearl/Mahogany and we picked the matching jetpaks - Neck Masseuse, Oscillator, Deep Relief, and the Versa.
We tried a ton of jetpaks and felt pretty good about these. The in-house electrician is going to stop by this week and hopefully we get the electrical in soon. I've got a concrete guy and a patio cover guy signed as well. Will post some photos when it's all in.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2016, 10:22:38 am »
  Great choice and congrats!

Sam

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 02:36:33 pm »
Grats!  You will love it  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 02:36:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42