What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ice bucket fills with water  (Read 5775 times)

robbieesprit

ice bucket fills with water
« on: March 18, 2016, 06:02:57 pm »
Hi All

I'm reconditioning a hydropool 8man self cleaning, the ice bucket fills with water is this correct? how is the drainage plumbing arranged? cheers rob.

Hot Tub Forum

ice bucket fills with water
« on: March 18, 2016, 06:02:57 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: ice bucket fills with water
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 06:25:11 pm »
Is the ice bucket getting splashed into? Is your water level to high? There should be a drain in the bottom with a hose leading out?
Retired

robbieesprit

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 02:05:49 pm »
Hi, no not getting splashed into, I used a wet vac to get all the water out, ran the spa and it filled again???? to the same level as the spa so water finding its own level...I did look for the plumbing it has a small drain in the bottom (with about 8 holes), and there is no sign of drainage underneath, its covered in foam.....

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 05:03:21 pm »
Huh on the ice bucket. I'd have to see it. Is it for beverages or cooling?
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 05:13:25 pm »
Retry sure there is a check valve on that line that allows it to drain but not refill

robbieesprit

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 03:48:01 am »
the bucket itself is the same size as the filter housing, with a drain holes (small) in the bottom.
The whole idea of a bucket for drinks is that the ice should be mixed with water as the water helps transfer the coldness across through a wider surface area.
Therefore free draining ice bucket would not work very well.
I was wondering if the bucket fills and empties on different cycles? to allow water to be present, but changes old water......
it could of course be a not return valve not working...but I cant see the drainage as covered in insulating foam...

robbieesprit

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 07:59:53 am »
Solved!!

Someone who has been in the spa before me as hung the drainage pipes higher than the outlet of the ice bucket, as the pipe is connected to the rear of a jet the pressure was greater from the jet, against the weight of the water in the bucket, hence it fills, lower pipe, fit oneway flow valve, problem sorted.
I had the same issue with the drainage pipe from the filter housing, which also wasn't draining, used some soda suds, an air line to clear muck out, lower drainage pipe, all good.

cheers Rob.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 07:59:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42