What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: help me decide  (Read 4282 times)

gillysmi

help me decide
« on: March 12, 2016, 11:35:54 pm »
choices- Hot springs Vanguard, Caldera Salina, Maax 461 or 471.

I have been lurking on the site for some time.  I have narrowed down my choices to these tubs.  the HS and Caldera are close price range, around 10k with the HS adding a salt kit.  the Maax is about 1500 less.  all prices include cover, steps, free delivery and start up kit. 

Caldera includes free interest for 36 months and this price.  not a deal breaker for me either direction just throwing that out there. 

I think the HS and Caldera are built a little better than the Maax- but just my first impressions. 

I will be using the tubs for therapy for my neuropathy and lower back pain.  Any insight or suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

help me decide
« on: March 12, 2016, 11:35:54 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: help me decide
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 09:33:58 am »
I think the HS and Caldera are built a little better than the Maax- but just my first impressions. 
Thanks!

Your first impressions are correct. After closer inspections you will find that it's more than a little better.
Retired

gillysmi

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 11:16:24 am »
the HS price includes the Ace salt system.  I am still a little hesitant to go with the salt system... not really knowing the life span of the system and maybe more parts to go bad. 

I know the HS has a great reputation.  has great warranties- and my parents owned a vanguard for 10 years with no problems.  I would be comfortable going that route.  mainly looking to see if the caldera are 'as good' since the price range is near identical. 

Sam

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 03:51:58 pm »
I would recommend the Hot Spring over the others but would skip the salt system.  Don't listen to the guy that sells it either.  The new @ease system by King Technology is fantastic, low chemical, low maintenance, way less money, and doesn't add any new components to the hot tub.  It can be used on any hot tub and works very well.  No chemical odors and you only need to shock it once per month.

ellabellablue

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 11:19:54 pm »
I am a brand new hot tub owner (Maax Elite 4200 with Ozonator). I am using the @ease system (chlorine) with my ozonator. Is this o.k. to do? I feel like it smells like an awful lot of chlorine. My hot tub holds about 315 gallons of water. I even set my chlorine setting on the floater at 1. I use the hot tub almost everyday and so do my husband and daughter. Is that considered a lot of usage? I was wondering if using Nature2 mineral stick and Cense would be better? I am very sensitive to chemicals and would prefer not to use them if possible.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 06:59:16 am »
choices- Hot springs Vanguard, Caldera Salina, Maax 461 or 471.

I have been lurking on the site for some time.  I have narrowed down my choices to these tubs.  the HS and Caldera are close price range, around 10k with the HS adding a salt kit.  the Maax is about 1500 less.  all prices include cover, steps, free delivery and start up kit. 

Caldera includes free interest for 36 months and this price.  not a deal breaker for me either direction just throwing that out there. 

I will be using the tubs for therapy for my neuropathy and lower back pain.  Any insight or suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks!

Sorry your thread got hijacked by some people.
Retired

ellabellablue

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 12:14:40 pm »
you mean me? I didnt mean to hijack any thread. I did a search on the system I was using and this thread came up and someone was mentioning the @ease system so I thought it would be alright to ask about it. I will gladly delete my post and start my own thread. I didnt know it was against the rules.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »
It's not against the rules. The OP could care less about what sanitation system you or Sam uses or is selling. He wants help deciding what brand to purchase. It would be better if you and Sam started your own thread on any sanitation system you like or don't like.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 06:00:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42