What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Test Strips - The Next Step  (Read 4008 times)

sickboyshadow

Test Strips - The Next Step
« on: March 12, 2016, 07:15:16 am »
Hi Guys

Had my tub for 4 months now and loving it. Been using test strips but find them very hit and miss.

What is the next step up from test strips for testing the water ?

Mitch

Hot Tub Forum

Test Strips - The Next Step
« on: March 12, 2016, 07:15:16 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Test Strips - The Next Step
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:46:03 am »
Taylor re-agent test kit.
Retired

Jostudly

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 12:08:37 pm »
Anyone here use one of these digital readers for test strips and if they are any good? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/aqua-check-trutest-digital-pool-test-strip-reader-0813757p.html

sksmoker

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 01:53:58 pm »
all that does is try to read the colour better than our judgement.  The strips will always be out compared to the taylor test kit.

Ditch the strips (except for FC) and break down and order a taylor test kit k-2006 for chlorine (if you use chlorine, I can't remember the kit for bromine, 2005?). It hurts, but ebay is your friend on this, and the dollar is already up a bit. Order 2 oz reagents right away for refills as you don't want to be stuck hunting them down when you need them.

If the OP is in the US, then lucky you :)

Letran

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 10:57:01 pm »
all that does is try to read the colour better than our judgement.  The strips will always be out compared to the taylor test kit.

Ditch the strips (except for FC) and break down and order a taylor test kit k-2006 for chlorine (if you use chlorine, I can't remember the kit for bromine, 2005?). It hurts, but ebay is your friend on this, and the dollar is already up a bit. Order 2 oz reagents right away for refills as you don't want to be stuck hunting them down when you need them.

If the OP is in the US, then lucky you :)

I've been using Lithium and SpaShock from SpaBoss to balance my water, do I get the 2005 or 2006. Maybe I could switch to chlorine instead and get the 2006? Just some clarification. I'm also looking for alternatives to Lithium and SpaShock from the dealer anyway please advise. Cheers

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:40:49 am »
Anyone here use one of these digital readers for test strips and if they are any good? http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/aqua-check-trutest-digital-pool-test-strip-reader-0813757p.html

I use that exact meter and find it works just fine.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 12:03:21 pm »
I'm of the school of thought that test strips get you close enough. Why go through all of the hassle of a test kit?  We aren't refining plutonium here.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 12:03:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42