What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Next To Bedroom  (Read 3858 times)

Loganmvr

Tub Next To Bedroom
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:55:12 am »
We are in the early phase of this purchase and my question is about location. I'd like to put a tub in a nook outside the house, but the wall its against is our bedroom, near our headboard. Would the tub itself make enough noise to disturb my wife and I while sleeping? What about if it's in use and jets running? We are not light sleepers. So far we like the J-375 and the Gleam, but haven't had a chance to test either. I threw those in as you may know how noisy they are.
Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Logan

Hot Tub Forum

Tub Next To Bedroom
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:55:12 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Tub Next To Bedroom
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 11:07:14 am »
We are in the early phase of this purchase and my question is about location. I'd like to put a tub in a nook outside the house, but the wall its against is our bedroom, near our headboard. Would the tub itself make enough noise to disturb my wife and I while sleeping? What about if it's in use and jets running? We are not light sleepers. So far we like the J-375 and the Gleam, but haven't had a chance to test either. I threw those in as you may know how noisy they are.
Thank you in advance for your feedback!
Logan

Putting it right outside the bedroom can be a noise issue so to start with I would only consider spas that use a 24/7 circ pump for filtration since they are a barely detectable noise level usually as opposed to a spa that uses the main jet pump to filter which will come on for a few hours per day and will be noticeable.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 12:32:23 pm »
Additionally, how's it's installed can make a huge difference. On a deck? Probably not a good idea.... On a concrete pad which is NOT touching the homes foundation, and a sheet of high density styrofoam under the spa, probably ok.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Bill

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:16:48 am »
One thing to consider is that many tubs have programmable filtration cycles.  This allows you to set the time and duration to whatever suits you.  Have the tubs filter itself at times you're not home or using the bedroom.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 11:16:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42