What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buyers help negotiation  (Read 8422 times)

Ryguy84

Buyers help negotiation
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:02:27 am »
My buddy and I want to each buy a Aria Hot Spring tub. What would you expect to pay per one on a double transaction?

Hot Tub Forum

Buyers help negotiation
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:02:27 am »

pmang

Re: Buyers help negotiation
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:28:20 am »
Not sure about buying 2 at once... Will they be special order or in stock? I was able to get an in stock Aria last year with a cover lifter, steps, $225 chem credit, delivery for $10,100 plus tax. Luckily, I loved the color combo they had in stock and would have ordered that anyway. You'll love the Aria... Amazing tub!

Ryguy84

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:11:39 pm »
That's exactly where I want to be on price but all the dealers in my area want close to 13k.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 06:53:08 pm »
call your local dealer and ask? I would start there  :)  unless your specific local dealer posts on this forum nobody here is going to sell you the tub, therefore what we say will have no bearing on what the dealer actually sells it for....I can tell you when I was with Hot Springs it was a 10,500-12k ish tub...depending on what type of lifter, steps, ACE or no ACE?, etc
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 06:56:33 pm by BullFrogSpasMN »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 07:17:32 pm »
Are you and your buddy neighbors or located close by?  If not then you really Rent saving the dealer any money. He still has 2 to do deliveries and setups. Have you gotten any quotes yet?  Where are you from?

Ryguy84

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:31:14 pm »
Are you and your buddy neighbors or located close by?  If not then you really Rent saving the dealer any money. He still has 2 to do deliveries and setups. Have you gotten any quotes yet?  Where are you from?
We are one town apart. I'm going to call another dealer tomorrow that's in another county so far I've gotten a quote for 12999, 12499, and this includes all thr accessories except for the ace system. Located in Sonoma county.

Ryguy84

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 11:33:25 pm »
call your local dealer and ask? I would start there  :)  unless your specific local dealer posts on this forum nobody here is going to sell you the tub, therefore what we say will have no bearing on what the dealer actually sells it for....I can tell you when I was with Hot Springs it was a 10,500-12k ish tub...depending on what type of lifter, steps, ACE or no ACE?, etc
My goal is to find out what people are paying and you gave me a good start. Thank you.

pmang

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 01:48:28 am »
my tub does not have Ace, but everything else was included for the $10,100 +tax (about $10,700 total). This was due to it being an in stock model (not floor model, just in their warehouse). My lifter is a Leisure Concepts Covermate III and the steps are their SmartSteps. If I had to special order the Aria for a specific color combo it would have been in the 12+K range. Hope that helps! You really will love that tub! I enjoy every seat in it!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:54:14 am by pmang »

Ryguy84

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »
Wet tested the Aria didn't like the lounge seat. Sat in the van guard and loved the cool off steps for the kids to enjoy. The 2016 vanguard is suppose to have some changes. What have people paid in the past for the vanguards I'm getting quoted 11500 before tax with cover lifter no stairs.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 02:23:17 pm »
Wet tested the Aria didn't like the lounge seat. Sat in the van guard and loved the cool off steps for the kids to enjoy. The 2016 vanguard is suppose to have some changes. What have people paid in the past for the vanguards I'm getting quoted 11500 before tax with cover lifter no stairs.

Go there with your buddy together and offer 10k. Can't hurt to see what he says and you will know where he is price wise.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 05:29:03 pm »

Go there with your buddy together and offer 10k. Can't hurt to see what he says and you will know where he is price wise.

I have worked a little spa retail in the past and actually ran into this. Two guys came in separately and shopped but I think they talked in the parking lot and the next day called me and wanted a better price if they bought together. I knew they cooked it up as if they were friends and even mentioned I didn't remember them being in together but they stuck to their story and I didn't care really so I talked to the owner who was always strict during the big sales (where he truly gave good deals) that the price was final. I was up front with the owner that I thought they were strangers pooling efforts and was surprised that he did not hesitate one bit to give them a better deal as long as they came in together, filled out the invoices together and both paid the same time. I forget how much better the deal was but it wasn't insignificant (I think they countered and we met part way) and everyone was satisfied. I know they weren't in the same neighborhoods but that didn't matter, they just got separate deliveries. 
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 06:20:35 pm »
Slightly smaller margin on each but still enough to pay the bills. Volume can help dealers get a better cost on the next shipment, he's 2 tubs closer.
Retired

Ryguy84

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:01 pm »
What's everyone's take on the Sundance Optima?

richierich

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 01:37:46 pm »
Bought mine in 2013 from Eric in Rohnert Park. Love the tub.

Ryguy84

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »
Bought mine in 2013 from Eric in Rohnert Park. Love the tub.
I ended up Eric's store. I pulled the trigger on a 2016 optima, delivery is scheduled for next week and I can't wait. Eric was also instrumental in getting three other of my friends into optima's at a great price.
Thanks everyone on here for the help and the advice to wet test.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42