What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pump replacement  (Read 4506 times)

joey0809

Pump replacement
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:31:16 pm »
It seems like an old story, but i inherited a hot tub. I know its a garden leisure spa. From what i've been told it was  manufactured in 2007. I know it has 32 jets and seats 5 plus a lounge.The previous owner died before replacing 1 of the motors. AFTER  (what a dope) transporting it to my home. I opened the access panel and found the motor and pump are gone. Nobody has been able to find the missing motor pump or documentation on the unit. In the left corner there is a motor and pump.  Emerson model t55cxcas-1179.  4.8 hp 230v  10.7/3.2 amp. The question i have is how do i know how large of a motor and pump do i need to operate the spa the right way. The connection of the pump would be immediately after the heater element with a flange union.

Hot Tub Forum

Pump replacement
« on: January 05, 2016, 12:31:16 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Pump replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »
 You probably need a 2spd pump if the other is a single speed.   Looks to be 220v I would go with 2.5hp should work fine.   Guessing 2" fittings?  You want to make sure the wet end matches up to the existing fittings.   Some you can undo some screws and spin the wet end.  One of the lines probably connects to the filter so you need to make sure you get the flow direction right. 

joey0809

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:11:59 pm »
Thanks for the help. Yes it is 2 fittings and the other motor is single speed. I talked to the widowed wife last night and she remembers her husband mentioning something about a 4HP motor. Would that be feasable for the mount of jets i have?  Again thanks for the help !

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:05:00 pm »
Thanks for the help. Yes it is 2 fittings and the other motor is single speed. I talked to the widowed wife last night and she remembers her husband mentioning something about a 4HP motor. Would that be feasable for the mount of jets i have?  Again thanks for the help !

Welcome to the forum. I see Jim has you started in the right direction, but from my non mechanical perspective, dont' worry too much about he horsepower rating.   What Jacuzzi or many other reputable companies would call a 2hp motor is someone else's 4 HP.    Some companies advertise with Braking Horsepower which is  higher.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 04:10:35 pm »
Match up the amps to the pump you are replacing.  I'm sure some sites will call it a 4hp and some might call it a 2 or 2.5 hp. 

joey0809

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »
Thanks again for helping out the newbie. I'll start my search for the pump

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42