What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new buyer -- help with tiger river hot tub  (Read 5246 times)

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
new buyer -- help with tiger river hot tub
« on: July 04, 2004, 06:51:27 pm »
I AM A FIRST TIME HOT TUB BUYER , WE LIVE IN MICHIGAN WHERE IT GETS REALLY COLD IN THE WINTER -- WE WILL HAVE THE TUB IN A GAZABO -- LOOKING IN THE $6000-$7000 PRICE RANGE -- I AM LOOKING AT THE TIGER RIVER BENGAL RIGHT NOW BUT I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN HELP WITH.  THIS TUB HAS A LOUNGER WOULD ANYONE RECOMMEND ONE OR IS JUST SEATS BETTER LIKE IN THE CASPIAN ?? THEY HAVE A GOOD WARRANITY BUT WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH TIGER RIVER HOT TUBS..THE SALESMAN IS TELLING ME THEY ARE ONE OF THE BEST INSULATED TUBS ON THE MARKET BUT OF COURSE EVERY HOT BUT PLACE I HAVE BEEN SAYS THE SAME THING -- IS THERE ANY TIGER RIVER OWNERS THAT CAN GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS ??? PLEASE HELP WILL BE BUYING SOON PATIO IS ALMOST DONE.    

Hot Tub Forum

new buyer -- help with tiger river hot tub
« on: July 04, 2004, 06:51:27 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: new buyer -- help with tiger river hot tub
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 07:03:41 pm »
Tiger River gets good comments by owners and its made by a top company. The insulation will be good but the real unanswerable question is whether you should get a lounge. Some like them, some don't. Experience is the best answer. Can you wet test it or at least a similar spa with a lounge. Many who own a lounge don't get one the second time around. My opinion would be that if you cannot test it out I'd opt for the spa without a lounge. No one ever complains about not having a lounge but many who never tested their spa before purchasing find the lounge isn't what they expected and it certainly takes up some space.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 07:25:12 pm »
THANKS THAT IS A GOOD TIP -- THEY DO HAVE ONE ON THE FLOOR BUT NO WATER IN IT-- I TRIED THE LOUNGE IT SEEMS TO BE BIG ENOUGH BUT MY HUSBAND HAS NOT TRIED IT YET HOPEFULLY WE WILL BE GOING TOMMAROW TOGETHER -- LIKE YOU SAID IT IS A LOT OF UNUSED SPACE BUT HE WANT THE LOUNGE WE WILL SEE SOON.  

Shut_Down_Stranger

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 07:44:54 pm »
the primary issue with loungers is that for people who have a few extra pounds, they will tend to float out of the seats.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2004, 10:25:14 pm »
the primary issue with loungers is that for people who have a few extra pounds, they will tend to float out of the seats.  

Height can also be a factor. The taller you are the better chance it'll work for you depending on spa depth of course.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gerrym

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 03:54:43 am »
Lynette, DO YOU ALWAYS SHOUT?

;D ;D

Good luck with the tub though !!

IonHeaven

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 01:43:55 pm »
Hi,
I too am deciding between the Tiger River Bengal and Caspian as well as the Beachcomber 720X and the Hot Springs Sovergn. Wet tested the Bengal and liked it very much. I don't think you'll be dissapointed. I usually float, but this lounge was better than most others.

I really likeed the Sovergn, which is about $500 more than the Caspian. Loved the size of the Envoy but can't afford 8,000. The Beachcomber feels great too.

At this point I can't determine which way to go. Let me know how your doing!

Thanks and good luck, IonHeaven

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 04:08:43 pm »
Lynette,
I'm not sure where your from, but I live in North Dakota. It gets very cold here and winters can last a long time.
I've had a Coleman Spa since 1994 and it does very very well in this climate. Just so you know I also sell them.
I don't know if you've looked at the Coleman lineup but they have great spas that do well in cold climates.
The Tiger River seems to get very positive comments on this board by owners so I'm sure you can't go wrong there.
This is a very competetive business and thats why dealers boast there's is the best. As a consumer I would judge by the wet test and warranty and how you feel about the dealer.
Remember most of the spa's made today are very efficient, so assume the cost of opperation will be about the same between them.
Good luck to you, hopefully you'll get the right spa for you at a super price!!
Spahappy

Jordy

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2004, 04:45:38 pm »
I used to sell the HotSpring/Tiger River hot tubs (soon to open a Jacuzzi Dealership). I live and work in Calgary, Alberta- so unfortunately, I know about the demands placed on hot tubs in a cold climate! The Tiger River spa will be reasonable in terms of energy efficiency. As far as the comfort of the lounger goes, Wet-Test! Wet-Test! Wet-Test! Every "body" is different and everybody's level of comfort is different. Good luck with your spa shopping experience! Wet-Test before buying.

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 08:45:06 am »
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS RESPONDED.  I AM STILL SHOPPING.  OUR CEMENT PAD HAS NOT BEEN POURED YET, DELAYED BY CEMENT GUY. STILL LOOKING AT TIGER RIVER, HOT SPRINGS, AND SUNDANCE SPAS. NO JACUZZI DEALER IN BAY CITY, MI AREA. I SHOULD BE BUYING ON IN NEXT MONTH I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT WE DECEIDED ON. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT IT HELPS ALOT. STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE THAT OWNS A TIGER RIVER BENGAL FOR THEIR COMMENTS. THANKS AGAIN -- LYNNETTE

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2004, 08:48:59 am »

The solution to that, at least in our lounger, is don't where a suit.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 08:50:16 am »
Lynette, DO YOU ALWAYS SHOUT?

;D ;D

Good luck with the tub though !!

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you did  ;D Lynette must be from Ann Arbor.  U of M grads aren't taught about the shift key till the Master's program.

55 days till football season!  Go Bucks.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

IonHeaven

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 11:13:08 am »
It gets very cold in the winter up here in the Adirondack Mountains of NY too. I liked all the talk about efficiency from Hotsprings, but do they really operate on only $10.00 per month like the salesman and the brochure says?  I've read posts on this site that say its usually is about the same per month amoung different brands??

One thing about the Bengal is it is only 33" deep. Alot of folks seem to say get at least a 38" deep tub. When I wet tested both, I preferred the deeper footwell, but not sure that it would be a deciding factor. That's one of the reasons why I'd prefer the Envoy (36"deep), but can't afford it. I'm back to leaning toward the Beachcomber 720x if I can find one to wet test.

My timeframe sounds just like you...waiting for the cement guy! Good luck and let us know how things go!

IonHeaven (another new buyer that can hardly wait to be an owner)

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 07:39:06 am »
WELL THE CEMENT IS FINALLY IN -- NOW I WILL HAVE TO DECEIDE WHICH SPA WE WANT.  I AM STILL LOOKING AT THE TIGER RIVER BENGAL AND TIGER RIVER CASPIAN QUITE A PRICE DIFFERENCE THOUGH.  I ALSO LIKE THE SUNDANCE SPAS BUT LOCAL DEALER WILL NOT DEAL EVEN FOR CASH, THEY SAY SAME PRICE FOR EVERYONE AND THEY EVEN CHG FOR DELIVERY.  I ONLY LIVE ABOUT 10 MILES FROM SHOW ROOM.  I WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I PUT A DEPOST ON A SPA THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT.   LYNNETTE

UnderTheStars

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 07:51:41 am »
That's great your cement is done, your getting close!  Have you done wet tests yet?  When we wet tested, what we thought was our first choice dropped out and we fell in love with the second choice.  So glad I had found this forum where everyone says, "wet test, wet test, wet test."  -  They're right!

Good luck & have fun with your shopping

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2004, 07:51:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42