What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ignorant  on spa's, need education  (Read 3405 times)

Nwbiespagirl

ignorant  on spa's, need education
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:50:49 am »
Hi everybody,

my husband and I are looking into purchasing a  hot tub. We looked yesterday at a leisure bay hot tub ( not impressed0 and we looked at hot springs hot tubs. Well into our informational session with the salesman we encountered "Debbie Downer". a women who walked into the store to make a chemical purchase proceeded to tell us all the horrors of owning a spa. One thing she did say was that she got Rats in her spa, this grossed me out and Now I am not sure I even want to venture into owning a spa now, she also had other things to say Like the  water gets foamy, she relayed other horrors which I forgot.
                 Any information at all on spas would be really appreciated, we don't want to spend a fortune and cannot spend a fortune, maybe 3,999. I know alot of you guys have probably spent about 10,000, but we just cannot, so I humbly ask you for any information at all.

Many many many thank you's!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

ignorant  on spa's, need education
« on: July 17, 2004, 11:50:49 am »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: ignorant  on spa's, need education
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 12:31:08 pm »
Look into Marquis everyday line of spas.  Good quality and reasonalby priced.

OnMedic

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 01:48:58 pm »
Hey spagirl.

If the spa is constructed properly there should be a pet situation. This will make your homework and purchasing deceision even more difficult on your budget. Other brands you could look at MAY that (not 100% sure) meet your budget are:

Beachcomber - 300 Series
Vita Spa - L100 Series
Dimension1 - @Home Series
Marquis - Everday Series (as mentioned by ZZtop)
Sweetwater - ?
Sunrise - ? (Not a lot of feedback, but what I have seen owners like them)

Any other suggestions for the newbie?

Also, remember to go for Quality, not Quantity (Pumps, Jets etc.) when on the limited budget. 20 Quality Jets with a single pump in a quality tub will be a much better purchase then 40 jets with two pumps on a lower end tub!

Hope this helps,

OnMedic
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 01:51:34 pm by OnMedic »

Nwbiespagirl

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 02:09:43 pm »
Thank you both for your timely responses,

It is very much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 02:46:53 pm »
That woman with the hot tub horror story unfortunatly came at a bad time for you. If you had been a hot tub owner for a couple of years you would have heard that story and thought, OH that poor woman. The VAST majority of spa owners don't experience such "nightmares." Her foam issue is most likely due to poor water chemistry or nobody told her not to wash the swim suits with laundry detergent. Not an issue that should keep you from buying a tub. There are, as you have already seen, plenty of good tubs out there in the 4K range. Along with the others mentioned if you have a Catalina dealer near by (it's one of the brands I sell) they are definitly worth a look.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 06:23:57 pm »
Solana spas by HotSpring, or Hot Spot spas by HotSpring should be in your price range. The HotSpots offer a large model with twin jet pumps and non-wood siding.

Check them out.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 06:23:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42