What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Outdoor spa not used: what to do  (Read 3417 times)

sepandee

Outdoor spa not used: what to do
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:23:19 am »
Hey everyone, my issue is that a few years ago I purchased a house with an outdoors spa. Around the same time somehting came up and I had to relocate, so the house is being rented out. The issue is that the tenants don't use the spa (and neither would I that often, to be honest, if I was there), and the maintenance of it is too much.

As you can see from the pictures below, it's in ground, so doesn't have a cover that can seal it off. And 4-5 times a year I have to pay for it to be drained, cleaned, and refilled because it gets dirty. Now it's winter and I've winterized it. The guy who takes care of it emptied it to take the pumps out and drain the entire spa and is now telling me i have to refill it, but on some forums I keep reading that it shouldn't be filled with water if it's winterized and going to freeze.  Plus, it already rained and now there's some muddy water in the spa once again.

So, I'm looking for a good solution other than taking out the spa and throwing it out. Any ideas?

Edit: not sure why inserting images are not working. Here are the links:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOW4BRuR-R67z28ufw-TvPUf7zoVkoh3GT2YbXQ2YU4a6dUXna4jwbdietqz2u7LA/photo/AF1QipOm2GyX0igZoILEHozh0bvmA41QVIDeosQIKIo?key=V0xmWlBYQnI5cUtKMDI0R0YtUEJDR0tmaTJvYlNB

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNhMd9U8FsODu2HlN-SqN7JljatzV4JfIhYqpyZ84TtuzV64nho1TnIdNl_EXuR0A/photo/AF1QipNJYGynmFNHRjmm1lFeODL5t670NS0p8Iqe1bs?key=MU0zY3pXemhpXzMwZDVFT2R6ZFBGR3VWZzRpeVBB
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:24:51 am by sepandee »

Hot Tub Forum

Outdoor spa not used: what to do
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:23:19 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Outdoor spa not used: what to do
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 12:35:53 pm »
Advertise it for free on craigslist and let someone else take it out?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Racenut

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 03:52:25 pm »
With all the rock and natural look... either fill it with water and call it a pond or fill it with dirt and plant green things in it.  Dirt would require less maintenance.

Letran

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 02:22:47 pm »
My first though was "why not use it?"

Then after I see the pictures. I'm thinking where's the jets?

Hopefully it is suitable to convert to a pond or water feature of some sort.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 03:37:16 pm »
I would line it with a pond liner and build a sweet water feature and/or small koi pond out of it...it's a perfect size and is already located in somewhat of a "natural" looking area, would be perfect in my opinion

sepandee

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »
My first though was "why not use it?"

Then after I see the pictures. I'm thinking where's the jets?

Hopefully it is suitable to convert to a pond or water feature of some sort.

jets have been removed for the winter.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42