What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help - Filter plastic not removed and pump running !  (Read 3052 times)

kathrynrobson

Help - Filter plastic not removed and pump running !
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:06:23 am »
I need some advice, our hot tub was delivered last week and the sales rep just said 'fill it with water and plug it in'
so thats what we did, no instructions manual, no start up advice nothing.
2 days later, we notice it really is not keeping clean at all, even though we have added the correct amount of chemicals and only used it twice. My husband then wonders (prior knowledge with swimming pool pump) if there is even a filter cartridge in the tub.
So he checks, the cartridge is there, but it is still wrapped in its plastic. It has dented on one side, from the suction of the pump trying to pull water through the filter.
My question is, can this have damaged the filter or the pump by doing this ??

Hot Tub Forum

Help - Filter plastic not removed and pump running !
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:06:23 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help - Filter plastic not removed and pump running !
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:47:22 am »
What are your chemical readings?  I'm sure it didn't damage anything other then the filter maybe. What do you mean by dented the filter?

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 02:48:33 pm »
I need some advice, our hot tub was delivered last week and the sales rep just said 'fill it with water and plug it in'
2 days later, we notice it really is not keeping clean at all, even though we have added the correct amount of chemicals and only used it twice. My husband then wonders (prior knowledge with swimming pool pump) if there is even a filter cartridge in the tub.
So he checks, the cartridge is there, but it is still wrapped in its plastic. It has dented on one side, from the suction of the pump trying to pull water through the filter.

Sorry to say this, but your dealer sounds like a real piece of work.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 03:20:16 pm »
If it was heating and circulating water (I don't know how it could, at least with my tub) then you're probably OK. A spa without water circulation can burn out the heater rather quickly but there should be safeguards from that happening (flow switch that senses water is not flowing). Of course if the safeguard fails then damage could happen.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 07:12:13 pm »

It likely used water from the bypass system on the tub. Might be OK if the system is still functioning properly now? Did you get a new filter, take the plastic off and try it yet?
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 07:12:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42