What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions about Waterway jets ...  (Read 6114 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Questions about Waterway jets ...
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »
I have a 2005 Artesian Island Grand Cayman tub and had to replace the foot jets and did that recently and got to looking at all the jets available. The tub has mostly 4 inchish (they seem to measure a little larger than 4 inches) roto jets and was wondering about replacing the jets in some of the seats.

So my questions are:

Since they are a little larger - should a 4 inch jet fit?

Is there much of  a difference in a roto vs twin roto vs pulse vs ... There are about 5 different jets in that size - is there a difference in feel?

Now the technical part - other than some the jets popping out themselves when the tub was new they have never been off - how do you remove them? I've watched a video on a Sundance and the person said turn the jet counterclockwise to turn off the jet and turn a little more and it will come out. I've read to turn them counterclockwise (not sure if it was turning the jet on or off) but my jets turn off clockwise - am I turning the jets off and going a little further or am I turning them counterclockwise and then going a little further? I'm so confused!!! :o

Maybe the first question should be what I asked 2nd second! If it doesn't matter then who cares if they fit LOL!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Questions about Waterway jets ...
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »

jons

Re: Questions about Waterway jets ...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:56:26 pm »
The jets in my tub turn counter clockwise to remove.  Sometimes they can be hard to remove so after turning as far counterclockwise as I can I then insert a flat head screwdriver into a little notch on the side of the jet and ever so gently pry up.  It takes very minimal force to remove them using the screwdriver, at least mine do anyway.

On a side note, I remove my jets and clean them during every water change.  Not sure if you need to or not but I noticed gunk around mine so I added that to the cleaning procedure after my 3'd or 4th water change. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:03 pm »
I have a 2005 Artesian Island Grand Cayman tub and had to replace the foot jets and did that recently and got to looking at all the jets available. The tub has mostly 4 inchish (they seem to measure a little larger than 4 inches) roto jets and was wondering about replacing the jets in some of the seats.

So my questions are:

Since they are a little larger - should a 4 inch jet fit?

Is there much of  a difference in a roto vs twin roto vs pulse vs ... There are about 5 different jets in that size - is there a difference in feel?

Now the technical part - other than some the jets popping out themselves when the tub was new they have never been off - how do you remove them? I've watched a video on a Sundance and the person said turn the jet counterclockwise to turn off the jet and turn a little more and it will come out. I've read to turn them counterclockwise (not sure if it was turning the jet on or off) but my jets turn off clockwise - am I turning the jets off and going a little further or am I turning them counterclockwise and then going a little further? I'm so confused!!! :o

Maybe the first question should be what I asked 2nd second! If it doesn't matter then who cares if they fit LOL!!!

Since you have a Artesian not sure why your watching a Sundance video, they are different jets.     Artesian if I remember right you turn counter clockwise while doing that pull on the jet at the same time and they should come out.   When ordering jets you need to measure the face, the critical thing is to make sure the back end of your jet matches the jet you want to buy.  With waterway there are quite a few styles.    Also I found spinner jets never last as long as just directional type, but the spinner jets have gotten better over the years with no bearings.    When you put the new jet back in make sure you line up the little tab on the back side of the face to the groove that is in the jet back.  just push it straight in no turning and you will usually hear a click.

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Jet-Internals-C700.aspx

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 02:32:17 pm by Jacuzzi Jim »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 05:18:29 pm »

Since you have a Artesian not sure why your watching a Sundance video, they are different jets.     Artesian if I remember right you turn counter clockwise while doing that pull on the jet at the same time and they should come out.   When ordering jets you need to measure the face, the critical thing is to make sure the back end of your jet matches the jet you want to buy.  With waterway there are quite a few styles.    Also I found spinner jets never last as long as just directional type, but the spinner jets have gotten better over the years with no bearings.    When you put the new jet back in make sure you line up the little tab on the back side of the face to the groove that is in the jet back.  just push it straight in no turning and you will usually hear a click.

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Jet-Internals-C700.aspx

Good question and thanks for the link.

When I googled "how to remove a Waterway spa jet" a couple of videos came up, one of them being the Sundance  video. I have read that Waterway has 85% or more of the spa jet market so I figured it couldn't hurt to watch. I also assumed that Sundance, Jacuzzi, Artesian ... Probably buy enough jets from whomever that they can do a special production run for a special look; even though they don't look 100% like mine they just might be the same. I know my jets are waterway as the white diffusers have their part number on them even though the roto jet spinners look different then the stock waterway ones. Which leads me to the size and I guess I'll need to take one off to see how much room I have from the jet body to the inner edge of the face. I have access to the waterway catalog (actually everybody does) and they show 4 inches, my jets are about 4 1/4 inches wide; it could be possible that standards have changed and 4 inches in the norm now.

I have spinners that have been in my tub for 10 years under the harshest conditions (neglected tub with who knows what chemistry going on) and almost all of them are still spinning. I also have a bunch of brand new 10 YO spinners that Artesian sent me because of the plastic failures and the jets popping out.

I had to get all new foot massager jets (multi message) as all of them became detached from the diffuser, I'm planning on putting them in tonight. I do see how the plastic seems different and they actually have more robust plastic clips on the diffusers.

Thanks for the info on the tab, I didn't notice it. Other than my foot jets all of my jets are intact ( did I just jinx myself? LOL). I was wondering about the different feel of the Same size jets. I have a very large pulsing jet and it does feel different but it could also be the size difference as well.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 05:21:12 pm »
The jets in my tub turn counter clockwise to remove.  Sometimes they can be hard to remove so after turning as far counterclockwise as I can I then insert a flat head screwdriver into a little notch on the side of the jet and ever so gently pry up.  It takes very minimal force to remove them using the screwdriver, at least mine do anyway.

On a side note, I remove my jets and clean them during every water change.  Not sure if you need to or not but I noticed gunk around mine so I added that to the cleaning procedure after my 3'd or 4th water change.

Thanks jons!

I'll try counterclockwise and see if they come out. By any chance do you know if they are the Waterway brand?

jons

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 06:02:39 pm »
No sir, I have no idea. Our tub is a Hawkeye Eclipse, it's one of the cheaper tubs you can get.  How do you tell what brand the jets are? 

I've had surgeries on both of my hands and don't have the gorilla strength that I once had, lol.  That might be one reason why I need to use the screwdriver for some assistance.   

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 06:23:42 pm »
No sir, I have no idea. Our tub is a Hawkeye Eclipse, it's one of the cheaper tubs you can get.  How do you tell what brand the jets are? 

I have no clue! I only know that I have Waterway jets because of the number on the white plastic diffuser behind the head ... googled it and it came up Waterway. Sometimes Google is a wonderful thing ...

jons

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 06:58:21 pm »
I'll check tomorrow morning and let you know.  Sorry but it's dark out and I'm exhausted.  I've got to install a outside light where our tub is, it's been on the list for several years, just haven't gotten around to it yet.  We take a flashlight with us when we get in.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 08:08:36 pm »
No problem jons!

I don't expect anyone to go out of their way and I'm not going to buy the jets for a while - just went and spent money on 4 new foot jets and 4 new filters ... I can easily spend more money then I make so I have to pace myself! :)

I think using a flashlight is better then lights - you get to see the night sky. My tub is off my kitchen window and on my deck that has post lights ... it is way too bright! I would love to soak in total darkness at times.

jons

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 08:12:40 am »
Vinny, just googled my jet number and they are Waterway. I took a picture or two to show you the notches however I can't seem to figure out how to do the attachment here?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 08:42:03 am »
Vinny, just googled my jet number and they are Waterway. I took a picture or two to show you the notches however I can't seem to figure out how to do the attachment here?

jons,

You gave me the answer I was looking for - thank you!

As for photos, you need to have an account at photobucket or another web based photo service and link the photos there. Just below the "B" button to bold is the insert image button.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 08:42:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42