What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance flo error  (Read 4751 times)

richierich

Sundance flo error
« on: October 23, 2015, 04:09:25 pm »
Yesterday morning I went to get in my spa (sundance optima, 2013) and noticed the sundance light was red. I opened the spa cover and found flo flashing in the control readout followed by 96 ( the temp.). I turned off the power and removed the filter, which was clean since I had changed the water 3 weeks prier, flashing flo still there. I could hear the circ pump running and see the flow coming from the outlet at the bottom of the tub. I also checked the waterfall and it worked so I didn't think it could be the circ pump. The other 2 pumps both worked. I let it run for awhile and still no change so I turned off the power and replaced the filter. Turned on for rest of the day and turned off last night. This morning turned on power so I could add some dichlor , same flo error. Ran pump 1 to circulate the dichlor. Checked back a couple of hours later and the sundance light was back to white and no more flashing flo. I changed the setting from economy to standard and it began to heat :). The center filter does need to be replaced soon and the outer filter is on the older side but sill no difference with the filters in or out. What's going on ?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance flo error
« on: October 23, 2015, 04:09:25 pm »

richierich

Re: Sundance flo error
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:04:56 pm »
Back to flo/temp flash  :-\ >:(

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:41:59 pm »
If the flow light is on it is an indication of either a reduced flow to the heater, bad flow switch or electronic malfunction. Don't know your tub but if that's indication bad flow to heater and it started to heat ... not a good thing; most tubs stop the heater when the flow is too low to protect the tub/heater and possibly avoid a fire.

Hopefully someone who knows more can chime in.

I looked it up - is the water the correct height?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:47:28 pm by Vinny »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 06:48:21 pm »
Sounds to me like a flow problem or a sensor. I hate to tell you to throw parts at it but the sensor is the cheapest. Next would be the pump. For repair guys it's easy to just start replacing parts. And if taking the filters out didn't help. Take the flow sensor out first and look at it. Warranty/Dealer?
Retired

richierich

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 07:07:22 pm »
Dealer scheduled a tech for tues. afternoon. Not happy about being without the spa till then. I am starting my vacation today and its going to be a stay-cation. Would be using the tub every morning with the wife. A great way to start each day that I can't do when working.

richierich

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 04:48:54 pm »
This morning the spa was working as normal. Temp was 102 no flashing flo code. Temperamental flow switch?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 04:53:37 pm »
This morning the spa was working as normal. Temp was 102 no flashing flo code. Temperamental flow switch?

if you verified it wasn't the filter then most likely...FLO errors are by FAR the most common error on a Sundance, up until 3 years ago we sold Sundance and we still service them and I swear 8 out of 10 calls from Sundance customers are FLO errors so make sure you're keeping that filter clean

richierich

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 05:00:47 pm »
thanks, I am not sure if I should cancel the repair appointment or not. I don't want to have intermittent problems.

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 08:58:54 am »
If you take off the right side equipment panel, you should be able to see the flow switch.  It is a clear Tee with a wire coming off the top or bottom of it, depending on how it is installed.  There are two pieces inside the flow switch that push together when the circulation pump is running.  If you get a flashing FLO error, check that switch.  If the two pieces are solidly touching, and  you are still getting a flashing FLO error, then the flow switch is the problem.   

richierich

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 09:55:53 am »
thank you very much for your post SerjicalStrike. that was the info I was looking for. since it's working now I probably need to cancel the warranty call.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 09:55:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42