What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need some professional HELP!!!  (Read 3305 times)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Need some professional HELP!!!
« on: October 16, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »
Hey Everybody,

It's been a while since I've been around, hope everyone is doing OK!

I have a leak in my tub, had it for a while and because of procrastination on my part I think it also affected one of my pumps as well (it became very noisy) by sucking up air from the filter area. I have a Artesian Island Grand Cayman that's 10 YO and other than the leak and the pump noise, seems to be doing OK.

So I knew the area where the leak was and today I looked at the problem and believe it is coming from here:

So I ripped the foam around it and it seems to be coming from the joint with the lip, it seems to be an oozing leak (although I didn't turn the tub on without the foam) . That manifold looks nasty to work with so my question is - is there anything I can use to seal it up like RTV or aquarium silicone without messing with taking the whole manifold apart for a major repair. I'm thinking that if I clean up the foam from all those hoses and joints on the manifold and spread some sealant to seal all those hose endings and the lip that once it dries it may be OK. Or do you  have something else that you use? Right now I am air drying it and hopefully I can pin point the leak a little better. The foam above this doesn't feel wet and the foam around and below this manifold were sopping wet. I know about the food dye trick but we don't have any and I'm thinking I would need a lot as I have never used food dye before. The manifold may be one of my air jet controllers, that seems to be the only thing next to my filter that would require plumbing.

So my idea may be idiotic - I need your help! What should I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Vinny

Hot Tub Forum

Need some professional HELP!!!
« on: October 16, 2015, 03:20:06 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Need some professional HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »
Hey Vinny!

That's about as much help as I can be.   :P
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 03:24:13 pm »
Well at least you bumped my post! :)

Jaynen

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:44:13 pm »
My mom's house had a leak in a copper drain pipe.  The drain pipe was so corroded it was paper thin and a hole developed.  I was going to spend all day to take it apart and rebuild but when going to the hardware store I found this 2 part plumbing leak stop.  It was some epoxy I believe that you rough up the surface and smear it on.  The pipe is now rock solid with no leaks.  Took like 5 minutes to fix.  You can join two copper pipes like a tee intersection and it won't leak.  Not sure if this is what you want to do but it's an idea.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 03:47:47 pm »
Thanks for the idea ... I'm not into plumbing whatsoever! LOL!!!

I'll check it out to see if it works on PVC. I really don't want to spend a ton of money or time on the repair if a quick fix will do it.

Thanks again!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 04:07:12 pm »
Thanks for the link! I saw some 2 part epoxy at Home Depot that got a majority of 4 and 5 reviews ... I'll be looking into it!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 01:43:32 pm »
Thanks Jaynen for the idea!!

I bought the stuff from Home Depot, Rectorseal EP-200, and used it on that joint ... seems to be working like a charm. I should have repaired that leak years ago!

I wanted to add the outcome to this for anyone in the future who Googles and finds this post.

Doesn't look pretty but nobody's going to see it and it is a 10 YO tub!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 01:43:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42